modding the way tavern heroes level

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
llamavore
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

modding the way tavern heroes level

Unread postby llamavore » 04 Dec 2008, 06:17

kind of...
I've been looking for a mod that allows persistent leveling of the peripheral non-story related heroes, during the campaign. but it seems like it would be easier to simply give them a bit extra power/knowledge/attack/defense to match the accumulated extra of the main heroes. otherwise even if I level them up all the way each campaign mission, they will have lower total stats than the main character because she (Isabel in the first campaign) visited things that gave her extra stats in previous missions.

so I'm looking for A. simplest way to modify hero's basic stats

B. even better, a .pak mod for the different heroes' stats and such so I can make copies and have versions for each mission that have the extra few stats the main has (from all the extra stats on the maps of previous missions). having these .paks would save me time from looking up the places in the original files after each mission and updating them.

I think that having other heroes level persistently over the campaign makes sense. but I think if I mod the skills too (say the skills of Laszlo on Haven mission 4) I could add as much as I want but I couldn't keep it realistic because then as soon as I used him he'd get xp and level and then he'd get more skills than a hero persistent with the main hero would have.

so C. I'd like a way to grant my peripheral tavern hired hero xp in the game... it would amount to a cheat but I dont mind since I think he should be at the same level that the main hero starts at on that particular mission (chances are I leveled some of them up that high on the mission before anyway so it's really tedious to force me to play them from level 0 each time) and that way I can skill him/her up organically. there's probably a cheat for that.

D. if there's a mod that does this, link please, although I doubt there is. if I can get B i'm going to just keep track of how many extra stats i get with my main each mission and then use that to determine what bonus stats i'll mod onto each mission-version of the other heroes.

version is homm5 1.6

llamavore
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby llamavore » 04 Dec 2008, 18:46

sorry for double post

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”