Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 18 Jul 2009, 12:42

Muszka wrote:Nice... I think I liked the other Nightmare better, but great to see some move. Hope that you'll find the strength and time to finish this project.
I agree that the current WoG Hell Steed/Nightmare looks much better.

But it depends what HotA has in mind regarding the creature. If they want to make it an Inferno alternate creature, I guess the new design is fine.

But this reminds me of a question I had for the HotA developers (sorry if it was already asked): what do you have in mind for the current so called "Neutral" Town from WoG? Keep it or scrap it? And if you leave it out, do you distribute the creatures as alternates to the existing alignments, or you leave them as neutrals (thus still leaving an open possibility to reunite them in a town with new graphics at a later date)?
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

m0sh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m0sh » 19 Jul 2009, 15:06

ok lets talk about the game, so basically we're gonna get the same towns + new ones , or everything is going to be new?

ive seen pictures of a bridge , will it be possible to create one not near your town but rather near any land that is separated by water ?

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 19 Jul 2009, 15:39

m0sh wrote:ok lets talk about the game, so basically we're gonna get the same towns + new ones , or everything is going to be new?
we'll get same towns + new alternate creatures and new towns with alternate creatures
m0sh wrote: ive seen pictures of a bridge , will it be possible to create one not near your town but rather near any land that is separated by water?
bridges will be placed through editor i guess, so technically it would be possible to place it anywhere

Sinner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sinner » 19 Jul 2009, 18:53

solitaire345 wrote:
m0sh wrote:ok lets talk about the game, so basically we're gonna get the same towns + new ones , or everything is going to be new?
we'll get same towns + new alternate creatures and new towns with alternate creatures
m0sh wrote: ive seen pictures of a bridge , will it be possible to create one not near your town but rather near any land that is separated by water?
bridges will be placed through editor i guess, so technically it would be possible to place it anywhere
Personally, I think they should make it were you can build and destroy bridges for an equal cost of resources. Heroes should also be able to garrison creatures in bridges and possibly make it were boats can past. That way you have a balance between two players and the most in terms of features and options.

m0sh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m0sh » 20 Jul 2009, 01:09

^^^ good idea mate.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 20 Jul 2009, 02:23

A bridge is a def. file. If it is passable for Heros it can't be passable for boats, as Heroes can't pass water while boats can't pass ground. Moreover, a bridge can act like a garrison, with the using of the WoG editor, in a simple click.

There is no need for HotA team do work on such minor details. They are easily done by the player.

Sinner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sinner » 20 Jul 2009, 22:18

Salamandre wrote:A bridge is a def. file. If it is passable for Heros it can't be passable for boats, as Heroes can't pass water while boats can't pass ground. Moreover, a bridge can act like a garrison, with the using of the WoG editor, in a simple click.

There is no need for HotA team do work on such minor details. They are easily done by the player.
So its impossible to write a .def file to make something passable by both heroes and boats? What about an erm script?

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 21 Jul 2009, 07:26

a *.def file is simply an image on the map. it is terrain that matters whether it is passable to boats or heroes

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 25 Jul 2009, 17:18

Suggestion from another thread: it would be nice to see looping creature idle animations in combat enabled. Those animations exist, but seem to be unused for some reason. The original idea is here:
viewtopic.php?t=10223

Talking about the mod, looks very nice. I disliked WoG basically for how different it feels and characters that are basically palette swaps of usual creatures. This mod feels a lot closer to the original (and use of MM7 equipment is awesome :D Officer's Leather!). Though you can tell the difference between stock and new characters, but, of course, you need a lot of skill to make it look the same. Waiting for a release :)

underwarez
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby underwarez » 01 Aug 2009, 03:48

Hope to see this mod soon

m0sh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m0sh » 05 Aug 2009, 13:25

heh , don't count on it...maybe next year ;)

BlackHawk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackHawk » 19 Aug 2009, 11:52

any new info?

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 29 Aug 2009, 12:00

Why is the Official HotA download page can't be opened? something wrong? I hope it's a good sign...
By the way... Hi! :D
I'm new here

sick-boy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sick-boy » 02 Sep 2009, 06:51

Midas wrote:Why is the Official HotA download page can't be opened? something wrong? I hope it's a good sign...
By the way... Hi! :D
I'm new here
Then I welcome you... :)

btw, www.gethota.com works for me.
Solmyr, the one, only and most powerful...

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 02 Sep 2009, 14:18

Yeah, it recently just worked, and u notice the difference? (bottom part of the page)

Thx anyways
All I see is Blackness...
Oh, My hood is down... (Acolyte)

m0sh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m0sh » 04 Sep 2009, 10:54

I'm calling this fake!

WOG ftw

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 04 Sep 2009, 14:25

m0sh wrote:I'm calling this fake!
No, it's not, they just did sumthings in the download website, and Decent Picolan posts in the Russian forums, if ur Impatient to hear any news, go learn Russian or use Google Translator,

Relax, evrybody gets caught up in life once in a while

m0sh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby m0sh » 05 Sep 2009, 01:31

I'm just messing...
all is cool :)

Midas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Midas » 05 Sep 2009, 12:19

:D

All we can do now is Cross-Fingers...

obelisk v2.0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obelisk v2.0 » 08 Sep 2009, 16:29

Not sure if this is the right topic to ask this, but, since HotA team is using images from MM series, I think this is... What utility do you guys use to extract the graphics from .lod files? Or do you just redraw them all?

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”