Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
sick-boy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sick-boy » 04 May 2009, 08:03

Deadguy118 wrote:Sooo... Its May now. That means that Version 0.1 is supposed to be released soon. I'm excited.
You are not the only one, I can tell... Yes it should be out soon, but the release has been delayed before... I certainly hope that it will not this time..

tarie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tarie » 04 May 2009, 10:16

Hey, I'd just like to say that I signed up to say wow..... HoTA looks fantastic, and the dedication the team has to making it a complete overhaul is amazing.

I eagerly await it's release, I have already mentioned it to a friend who is also very interested.

Love the Cathedral race, sounds awesome =3 Badass Castle.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 May 2009, 08:31

Well, this is one of the very few times for me commenting on the WoG sub forum, but anyways, I thought I should give it a try. Judging by the released screenshots and reading all that information, I mean the long starting post and the other posts (or should I say updates) by HotA members, the work looks quite promising so far and some of the new features made me want to test them as soon as possible.

This may sound lame, but what I perhaps most eagerly wish to see in action is the so called bridge terrain. I'm a Heroes III map maker, and quite familiar with the H3 map editor. Knowing full well that there is no such thing as a bridge capable of operating as passageway for Heroes crossing water and, what is more important still, ships actually passing beneath it or "through" the bridge on their way between bodies of water, I'd definately put this new special feature into good use in my own upcoming maps.

The problem is that I have always felt highly suspicious of WoG and its far reaching changes. Knowing that HotA claims to be fully operational with good ol' Shadow of Death eases the "pain" considerably.

Anyways, and in many ways, I await the release of this fan made add-on and its various updates, versions and corrections. I am aware of the fact that I must use HotA's own map editor to use that new bridge terrain I so anxiously seem to be waiting for. It would be nice to just "export" this new feature and add it into the SoD map editor, but I guess that this is not possible as the HotA editor overrides its SoD counterpart. Oh well...

Good luck to the project, Team HotA! :)

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 06 May 2009, 10:41

You don't need HoTA to use the bridge. Actually the WoG editor was improved with some +400 new objects and HoTA will use them also. The bridge is in.

sick-boy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sick-boy » 06 May 2009, 14:08

Salamandre wrote:You don't need HoTA to use the bridge. Actually the WoG editor was improved with some +400 new objects and HoTA will use them also. The bridge is in.
But... He didn't like WoG (like many of us didn't due to the changes in the general gameplay). But (again).. I have WoG myself.. But.. Haven't seen any bridge? Where is it to be found in the map editor?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 06 May 2009, 16:35

There is a big misunderstanding from you about what actually WoG is.

WoG is simply...what you want it to be. Nothing new but +400 objects for the editor if you know how to setup a new map. WoG is the future of HoMM. I can't believe people still do SoD map when they have a such powerful editor under their hand.

New WoG editor:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=29026

sick-boy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sick-boy » 06 May 2009, 21:05

Salamandre wrote:There is a big misunderstanding from you about what actually WoG is.

WoG is simply...what you want it to be. Nothing new but +400 objects for the editor if you know how to setup a new map. WoG is the future of HoMM. I can't believe people still do SoD map when they have a such powerful editor under their hand.

New WoG editor:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=29026
Perhaps we've just misunderstood each other... But i will certainly check the link right away...

But i believe HotA will be a lot greater than WoG...

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 07 May 2009, 04:53

Another misunderstanding. There is no dilemma about which will be greater because it can't be. WoG is the tool, HoTA needs WoG to run and exist. I have big respect for HoTA creators because I know how hard is to create something new...using WoG.

I know how confusing is playing with words, but one thing is for sure: HoTA is a WoG mod. It needs it as we need food and water to exist.

It is as saying that the book is greater than the alphabet.

sick-boy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sick-boy » 07 May 2009, 08:14

Salamandre wrote:Another misunderstanding. There is no dilemma about which will be greater because it can't be. WoG is the tool, HoTA needs WoG to run and exist. I have big respect for HoTA creators because I know how hard is to create something new...using WoG.

I know how confusing is playing with words, but one thing is for sure: HoTA is a WoG mod. It needs it as we need food and water to exist.

It is as saying that the book is greater than the alphabet.
Funny how this issue always comes up in this forum... I know that WoG is needed to create HotA, but that's not what it's about... When i first got WoG i was very excited and played it a lot and had fun with the new changes, but HoMM III just wasn't the same anymore... This is a subjective point of view, and of course i'm not speaking on behalf of everyone, but WoG simply wasn't my game... But i had a lot of fun with it and i kneel in awe to the creators of WoG who made HotA possible..

By the way i downloaded the improved map editor.. Impressive... It worked really good..

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 07 May 2009, 08:36

Whats funny is seeing people who tells WOG is not HoMM anymore waiting for HoTA, while HoTA will be simply full WOG + a few graphics and a new town.

As for being no HoMM anymore, thats wrong. If you use the right code, the map will not be wogified and you will still able to custom anything which please you.

!#UN:P5/0; [Map isn't wogified]

So adding this in events will allow you to use the improved editor without ANY change from SoD.

Sorry for Off Topic, but some things need to be cleared. People who do not like WoG will not enjoy then HoTA neither. HoTA will have all WoG options enabled.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 07 May 2009, 12:01

@Salamandre:it's right that WoG have almost infinite possibilities, but probabily people like Yurian just want to play the original game, cause WoG is unbalanced(and very crashie). Whereas It's right that you can play WoG without wogifing, Hota won't only add a new town without replacing(WoG can't) but it will also add more objects which fit in the game(you can add objects with WoG though) and new spells(WoG can't, if I'm correct).
At the end are just differents points of view, as sick-boy said.
Patience is less common than the common sense

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 07 May 2009, 12:48

I am not trying to convince anyone to play WoG. Yurian was asking for new objects and I just pointed that you can use all the new objects (+400) in a WoG map without using any WoG feature. So he will get the objects, and the map will still be SoD like.

About crashing: HoTA will crash even more than WoG. Because it uses full WoG as technical support + some new scripts which will require a long time before working properly.

Don't dream too much. HoTA will require years maybe before full working. The strong point about HoTA is that it will add a new town. All others are things WoG can do to. (WoG 3.59 is also expected to add new towns, but we are worried about the team still working on it)

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 08 May 2009, 09:43

It's right that WoG is a tool, and it's formed of options, I'm agree that it's really great, because you aren't force to use one or other script.
However, it's not neccesary to change the game, and HotA aims to that(with WoG you can do that too, but in that way HotA is clearly over WoG).

btw
The strong point about HoTA is that it will add a new town. All others are things WoG can do to.
Can you add new spells without replacing others with WoG? Cause I doubt.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 08 May 2009, 10:07

It all depends from which point of view we look at that. WoG was done 7 years ago. The new WoG team (3.59) claims that a new town will be added, as well spells, artefacts and such. I am sure they can do that, now the dilemma is "will they?".

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 08 May 2009, 13:18

Thats right, WoG 3.59 will be really great, the problem it's the creature limit....VCMI work for eliminate that problem(and others), but still need to be work a lot.
btw, If I'm correct WoG 3.59 is planned to have more than one single town implemented.

sick-boy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sick-boy » 10 May 2009, 14:48

Any news on HotA anyone?

Spartak
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby Spartak » 10 May 2009, 19:00

there are no news. over the project work proceeds. ;)

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 10 May 2009, 19:54

Spartak wrote:there are no news. over the project work proceeds. ;)
Good to hear.
Does that mean Version 0.1 is coming out soon?
Back from the dead? Maybe.

sick-boy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sick-boy » 11 May 2009, 04:32

Spartak wrote:there are no news. over the project work proceeds. ;)
There should be a version ready for downloading at the end of April / start of May... Any idea how long before it's ready?

- Also - My deepest resepct to the HotA crew.. I think: the most awesome people on the planet!

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 11 May 2009, 12:43

Pacience, just be pacient. The waiting will be worthy, trust me.
Good to hear that the work keeps going, thats the way :tsup:

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”