Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 18 Jun 2008, 08:25

Well, when is the tie where we can expect a beta version for buggtesting and to look if things ar eoverpowered or too weak? :)
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Jun 2008, 17:55

danijel1990 wrote:Ok then, great :D
But I thought that it is impossible to add more towns as wog team is trying to break the limit of 255 creatures
It's possible without breaking the limit, though dynamical loading. And that's the used way. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

danijel1990
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby danijel1990 » 18 Jun 2008, 18:43

Well, that's great. HotA is looking really good so far

Docent Picolan
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby Docent Picolan » 20 Jun 2008, 13:03

some new screenshots:

13. Castle town with Squire and Royal Guard portraits

14. Battle screenshot with common creatures and Squiers, Royal guards, Chastiser and Adepts:

15 New artifacts

16. The map and different objects

17. Battle screenshot with monsters - standard Ice Elemental, Nix (new variant), Captain (Cove commander), Nix Warrior (new variant), Oceanid

18. The map and different objects (+ improved creature DEFs for Skeleton Warriors and Efreeti they used to have some black outline)

danijel1990
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby danijel1990 » 20 Jun 2008, 16:59

Really cool screenshots. Keep up the good work B-)

Burdon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Burdon » 20 Jun 2008, 17:48

I love the way you intend to improve the game stuff especially because the graphics fit almost perfectly with that good old H3 style (speaking about creatures (in-battle or in map), artifacts, objects...

Can't talk about the creatures stats, artifacts abilities and your other ideas but if your whole work is as good as the graphics... man, you and your team are pleased to replace any other team to make Homm6 and the sequels. You should think about it ;)

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 21 Jun 2008, 04:52

Really nice work. It seems like a lot of the new creatures are from existing towns though. Does that mean that there will be alternate creature choices like Heroes IV?
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 26 Jun 2008, 18:29

This is great, awsome, super!!!

Spartak
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby Spartak » 18 Jul 2008, 21:53

Deadguy118 wrote:Does that mean that there will be alternate creature choices like Heroes IV?
yes
alternative - means an opportunity of a choice of construction we shall allow dwellings Pegasa or dwellings of a new unit of the rampart - Dryad.

Centaur or Leprechaun
Dendroid or Satire
(It is not solved yet, but it is discussed)

In each city no more than three alternative units.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 24 Aug 2008, 21:03

BTW, I'm the one of this project's storywriters.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Astrax
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Astrax » 16 Sep 2008, 00:29

I registered just to wish good luck to you guys, your project looks very interesting.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 16 Sep 2008, 03:21

My favorite new unit is the morning-star wielding dwarf riding the snow-boar. ;)

Corbon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Corbon » 23 Sep 2008, 00:59

Looks absolutely fantastic, especially the rendering of the creatures.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 03 Oct 2008, 16:51

No screenshots? Well then I will ask some questions:
1-Will you add new spells?
2-Will you add new secondary skills?
3-Corcening the WoG new creatures-will you keep them? will you remake some(for example, the Air/Water/Earth/Fire messengers look crappy as they are just recoloured stone golems?
4-will you tweak some creatures stats and/or spells and/or secondary skills?
Between, I forgot what town will be added first.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Re: Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss

Unread postby Zamolxis » 04 Oct 2008, 14:00

Docent Picolan wrote:We are developing a new WoG add-on called “Horn of the Abyss” (based on the Wake of Gods). In this add-on we are going to include plenty of new monsters, artifacts, spells and map objects, and (what is most important) we will add three new towns: Cove, Kronwerk, Cathedral.
Project looks promising. The new artifacts, as well as a few of the interface/object enhancements look awesome. The new creatures also look good. Only small concern is regarding which side will the 3 new alignments take in terms of game atmosphere. H3 had the perfect balance: 3 Good, 3 Evil, 3 Neutral, offering players all the variation they needed, whatever their general taste or mood of the moment (like I prefer to play with Good & Neutral alignments, but sometimes I do get the mood of playing the Evil guys as well). But the new alignments you're proposing seem to be 2 Evil and 1 Neutral, which brings a sort of imbalance in the game atmosphere. I would have very much liked a new alignment on the Good side.

And a couple of questions regarding WoG:

1. Will you implement ALL the WoG features, or only a part of them?

2. Among the new customizable options added, would it be possible to implement extra Commander skills, and let us choose from game options which should be in the game? I'm asking this because, when WoG 3.58 came out, although it brought a lot of improvements, it also made a small step back as far as I'm concerned: my favorite Commander extra skill - Summon Creatures - was removed. :tired:

I did ask the WoG team why they removed it but - with all the respect for their amazing, wonderful work so far - for the first time I got an answer which I thought could be typical only for Nival: "because it couldn't be balanced". I mean, WoG has loads of features which just make the game cooler, without necessarily bringing more balance (sometimes quite the contrary), so that answer kinda surprised me. As I play with "all creatures attack twice" option (which should apply for Commander as well), I would give up any day the Attack Twice skill to get the Summon Creatures one back. Heck, I would give up most of the others for the matter (Block, Max Damage, Reduce Def, Champion bonus - none really impressive, or even Fly, which makes sense only for Succubus). So it would be great if you could bring back this Commander extra skill from WoG 3.57, which IMO was cooler than at least half of the others!

For the rest, good luck with the project! Thanks for keeping alive perhaps the best TBS game ever (which seems it's gonna outlive both H4 & H5). :tsup:
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 04 Oct 2008, 14:29

You would give block/reduce defence for a crappy summon creatures?

Do you realize what block means? Have you already tested "reduce defence" in a scenario to see how extraordinary is?

There are about half dozen projects out. I like every of them, specially this one. But I doubt greatly it will come out one day. I know how hard is coding and making new def; Is just that WOG users are gone and I don't see the purpose fro a mod to come out. Nobody is playing anymore WoG.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Oct 2008, 14:54

@Salamandre
You should stay corrected because I'm playing h3 and from here is just a little step to the WoG.
(Would play WoG too but atm it's impossible.)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 04 Oct 2008, 15:16

great, we will be two to enjoy this add on :devil:

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 04 Oct 2008, 16:42

Salamandre wrote:great, we will be two to enjoy this add on :devil:
False. I'm playing a lot WoG now, more than any other game. And there will be a lot of people who will play this add on, because it will add a lot of things[new towns, monsters, artifacts,objects and if i read correctly, secondary skills and spells. They are introducing the alternative units on towns(3 lvl per town) which will add more variety and strategy to the game.]
And I don't think that this project will die, because they have made a lot of work as it can be see on the screenshots(yesterday they added four more->just here
this project seems to be a serious one, and I guess it will be finished.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 04 Oct 2008, 16:59

Perhaps this expansion will actually make me interested in heroes III again. Mostly because these people look serious about actually finishing it.

Remember when everyone was hyped up for heroes V because we were glad that the series wasn't going to rot in its grave? Well this looks better than Heroes V did back in 05. Mostly because it has that old NWC feel.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”