Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Docent Picolan
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

news

Unread postby Docent Picolan » 18 Dec 2008, 18:29

29. Objects on the map – the Cove, new objects (the Loyalty Temple), some new artifacts and Cove monsters.

And as for we have only few screenshots for this time – we add some bonuses for you.

1. We don’t want to post the town screen yet – so we post some Cove buildings here.
This is the Cove capital building. (all 4 levels)

2. New object – the Loyalty temple. Properties – ignore penalty\bonuses for creatures of different races in hero’s army for one week. Any landscape. Animation:

3. New artifact Ogre’s Iron Fist (or "Ironfist of the Ogre" in the original). One of the “forgotten” artifacts in Heroes III. It had to be the one of four barbarian artifacts. But the developers forgot or simply didn’t have enough time to create it. So we’ve fixed this blank by adding it into the game (we used the glove from MM series to make it more natural)

There are other two “forgotten” artifacts - “Mired in Neutrality” (one of the resistance art-s) and “Diplomat’s suit” (one of the diplomatic art-s).

4. About the composite artifact The Tenth Wave’s Treasure that you can see in the left corner of the screenshot near the third Pirate upgrade (gray).
It is composed of these parts:
1) Sword-fish Amulet
+1 to attack. Gives an opportunity of landing without loosing motion points but destroying the ship.
2) Ghost Ship Wheel
+1 to spellpower. Gives an opportunity to control empty ships moving the to any direction you want.

3) Fair Wind Pendent
+1 to knowledge. Gives 5 more motion points if there are not enough them to reach some object land\ship\monster etc

4) Anchor
+1 to defense. Player is able to block an empty ship for ally-players. And also to leave monsters on any square of the water landscape for ally-players to tale them.

- Composing this altogether we get the superartifact (Relic) – The Tenth Wave’s Treasure.
+2 to all. Teleports into any free town with the shipyard. And gives the special spell “Tenth Wave” – the water-analogy for Armageddon – all creatures except sea ones and pirates get damage.

5. New Arrows

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 18 Dec 2008, 19:06

AWESOME!! :D
Showing that artifacts and their properties&abilities it's just great!
Love that artifacts with all the strategy they can bring :-D
One uestion about the Tenth Wave’s Treasure, the spell which gives(Tenth Wave) is like titan's thunderbolt?(cannot be learned with normal magic guilds)
And those arrows are really great :hail:
Keep up the good work!! :)

Docent Picolan
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby Docent Picolan » 18 Dec 2008, 19:16

thanx
is like titan's thunderbolt?
exactly :)

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 19 Dec 2008, 01:58

hooray! Tis an update. The new arrows and the combo artifacts look awesome!
Back from the dead? Maybe.

emrysblack
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby emrysblack » 20 Dec 2008, 17:07

I'm impressed. And excited. Keep up the good work guys.

wizardmatas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wizardmatas » 07 Jan 2009, 23:15

Hi, how the work is going ?

And then we should expect some RC or Beta versions ? :)

Thanks.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 08 Jan 2009, 00:01

wizardmatas wrote:Hi, how the work is going ?

And then we should expect some RC or Beta versions ? :)

Thanks.
I've read that the beta will be released in late February :-D
Docent Picolan have to update the main post soon...

Valandil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: news

Unread postby Valandil » 09 Jan 2009, 11:51

Docent Picolan wrote:29. Objects on the map – the Cove, new objects (the Loyalty Temple), some new artifacts and Cove monsters.
The 5th hero in the hero-screen, she looks like Jennifer Morrison (she plays in the medical serie "House"), did you use her picture ? :)

Docent Picolan
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby Docent Picolan » 10 Jan 2009, 00:15

she looks like Jennifer Morrison (she plays in the medical serie "House"), did you use her picture ?

your guessed right, it's her ;)

I've already updated the first post, though did it silently :)

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 10 Jan 2009, 00:34

Docent, when you say ''Cove will be released in HotA 1.0 beta-version 0.1 '', you are sying that cove town will be included in the beta 0.1 too(apart from versino 1.0), right?
Good update :-D

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 10 Jan 2009, 12:30

I've been tracking the progress of this mod and I must say it's gonna be fun playing it, almost like in old good times when Heroes 3 first came.

Your team also got talented mapmaker(s), because all maps look very nice and detailed with clever and balanced usage of different terrain types. I hope these maps are from HotA whether it's from campaigns or standalone scenarios.

And finally here are my questions:

1. Are there gonna be multiple campaigns in each version (1.0, 2.0 and 3.0) or just one per town? And will there be the system of unlocking the campaigns just like on original Heroes, something like: you have 3 campaigns opened at the beginning and when you complete those, it unlocks the next 3 (similar to Restoration of Erathia).

2. Will story continue through versions (something like: it start's with Cove and ends with Cathedral spreading through numerous campaigns) ?

3. How many standalone maps are there gonna be ?

I wish you good luck with the project and I'm looking forward to play this mod soon.
"...a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. "
- Raoul Duke

windjaz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Beta Release

Unread postby windjaz » 12 Jan 2009, 16:53

Do we have to signup somewhere to be able to get the beta release when it becomes available?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Jan 2009, 17:32

Yeah, I wan't to beta test it as well!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 12 Jan 2009, 21:14

I think is an open-beta...

Docent Picolan
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby Docent Picolan » 14 Jan 2009, 14:51

1. The first three parts of our add-on will contain: one large campaign, divided into three chapters and this chapters will be released in each of three final versions of add-on (1.0, 2.0, 3.0). Each chapter consists of 4-6 campaigns, most of them disclose the main storyline, and part of them is devoted to various secondary heroes.Actually, in each chapter we have classical Heroic menu with campaigns (as it was in RoE, AB, and SoD). If you pass this one the next will be available, if you pass another one the last will be available to you.
I can add that each of chapters is basically devoted into towns of exactly this add-on version. The first is devoted to Cove, the second to Cathedral and the third to Kronwerk. But it will be some missions which are devoted to secondary races. For instance, in the second chapter one campaign will be intended for Cove, and you’ll be able to see some units of Cathedral; they’ll appear in the last mission in campaign of the second chapter of add-on.

2. Actually I have already answered this question, see above for it. One history is divided into three parts.
3. There will be about 15 maps (in beta-version 0.1); some of them are intended for multiplayer games only.
---

A downloadable beta version will be shoved up for public downloading so everyone will get an opportunity to come in touch with our latest development and help us exterminate bugs prior to the official release.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 14 Jan 2009, 15:04

Storm-giant wrote:Docent, when you say ''Cove will be released in HotA 1.0 beta-version 0.1 '', you are saying that cove town will be included in the beta 0.1 too(apart from versino 1.0), right?
Good update :-D

Docent Picolan
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby Docent Picolan » 14 Jan 2009, 15:35

Cove town will be released in the beta (0.1) and will be available in all following versions (0.2, 0.3, 1.x, 2.x etc.)

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 14 Jan 2009, 16:58

Docent Picolan wrote:Cove town will be released in the beta (0.1) and will be available in all following versions (0.2, 0.3, 1.x, 2.x etc.)
Awesome :hail:
Can't wait :oex:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 Jan 2009, 19:46

@Docent Picolan
And what about Bastion? Will you mirror it from WoG or not? What will be the other towns? I guess missions will be strategical, were they? Bridges rochade :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

phantom715
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HotA

Unread postby phantom715 » 21 Jan 2009, 19:37

I am GEEKED! :-D My wife and I play all the time. A few items:

1. Thank you for trying to keep the basics of the game the same. That's one thing about WOG I was dissappointed with. I just wanted a little more variety, not an entirely different game. Stay true, don't change anything from the original game.

2. Will there be an option to turn the commander/town keeper option off? I have never enjoyed the commander in WOG, but I understand others do. The option to choose would be GREAT. ;)

3. The new movement arrows look great; just one thing: To those of us who are red/green colourblind, the two colors look very similar, if not identical. Very difficult to tell apart. Could you try another shade for one of them? :(

4. The graphics look INCREDIBLE! 8|

5. The pirate: Is that a double upgrade? :|

6. I have quite a bit of Photoshop experience, is there anything I can do to help? ;|

7. KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK! :hoo:

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”