Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 12 Oct 2008, 17:47

Variol wrote:I went there too, but do I have to download all those 8 parts separately?

What a nightmare!

I downloaded the 8 parts, but I don't know how to unpack them. It keeps asking me for part 2, which I downloaded, but don't know where it is.
Download allion1.zip, then unpack it on your heroes3 directory and run the program Install in a new folder call WoG_Install. Make sure that your language is set to english EEUU, Change your regional settings to english (not keyboard, regional settings from Control Panel). Also remember that you need either RoE+AB+SoD or HOMM Complete for installing WoG. After installing you can change back your language country. You can also download the extra parts(erm_tools.wog, extra_bf.wog and video_full.wog if you want). On a last thing, download some update(after installing) here. Very important the script update.
And after that, enjoy the variety of options of WoG :-D

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 12 Oct 2008, 18:17

I've been playing WoG for years. I just don't know how to install the patch.

Is there a link for all that stuff, or is it on that same useless page that looks like diarrhea?
I also have all the other H3 stuff. .and 1,2,4, & 5 as well.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 12 Oct 2008, 18:46

Variol wrote:I've been playing WoG for years. I just don't know how to install the patch.

Is there a link for all that stuff, or is it on that same useless page that looks like diarrhea?
I also have all the other H3 stuff. .and 1,2,4, & 5 as well.
Are you refering to this page? If you scroll right you will fin the allion1.zip and the extra things. The if you have the allion downloaded, for install you need to unpack the allion1.zip on your heroes3 folder, then run WoG358fpart01 . After run it a new folder will be created(WoG_Install). Then enter on the folder and run the install(making sure that your language country[regional settings from Control Panel] is set to english EEUU. then run the install and it should be installed.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 12 Oct 2008, 23:20

Thanks Storm-Giant, that worked!

Could someone direct me to a readme file, so I can find out what the changes are?

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 12 Oct 2008, 23:34

Variol wrote:Thanks Storm-Giant, that worked!

Could someone direct me to a readme file, so I can find out what the changes are?
I'm glad I helped you. As for the changes, the main changes can be seen on the gamespy siteagain here. Scroll right and then down.Also, take a look at a internet document that was created when you installed WoG358f(''New Features of Heroes III In the Wake of Gods''is the name of it))you will see all the features and explanations of new monsters, scripts and such. Now I don'0t remenber where is installed(I have it on the desktop)

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 12 Oct 2008, 23:45

Ok, I'll take a look.

I printed the entire manual when I got the game. I don't want to read through and compare all the changes.. ;)

I'm not sure exactly where to look on that site.

BTW, why would someone make such a stupid site?

I found the weblink. but it seemed to be the same as the manual I printed originally.

Archer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Archer » 15 Oct 2008, 12:01

What are the plans for an AI update in HotA? The official game's AI is notoriously cheating against human players (I don't know the case with WOG, unfortunately I didn't play it extensively). It would be awesome to see the computer playing better without any cheating. :)

Heroes_Dan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Heroes_Dan » 28 Oct 2008, 11:49

Wow those screenshots look amazing! Would absolutely love to play this when it's ready!! Keep up the good work!!

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 02 Nov 2008, 19:24

Ok, thanks for clarifying me the questions, but I have a few more and a suggestion.
1-Do you plan to make some stats changes on the default towns?Like making Ghost dragons&Archdevils with slighty more life, some cost changes, etc...
2-I guess there will be a site before the release of version 1.0, will be?And if yes, for moreless will be the site open(like around december-january, something like that)
3-Will you let the data notepad(.txt) like CRTRAITS,BUILDING,etc... for easy modification?What I meaning is if you'll make a folder with all the .txt so they can be changed and reintroduced in H3bitmap.lod .
4-For a unit I suggest to introduce the blue dragon.Why?because they are in Antagarich(remember M&M7->and Wromthrax too ;) )
And keep up the good work!!The units look really good and I'm sure this will be a success :)

Archer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Archer » 22 Nov 2008, 19:57

May I ask how are things going around the project? :-) No news for a long time... :(

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 22 Nov 2008, 20:02

Hopefully the relative silence is a sign of them being too busy working on the project to interact with the community. Or they are suffering the same problems that all fan made projects face and we won't see this for another year.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 22 Nov 2008, 20:36

@Deadguy118: they post some screenshots of the dwarf oriented town in the russian forum right here and here
Don't be pessimist, they have many work done(at least most of the graphics) so be patient ;)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Nov 2008, 20:55

Hey, someone is having fantasy, right here.

Multipurpose axe. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 23 Nov 2008, 19:17

Today they posted another two right here :rofl:
They show some of the sea town units(great nimphs by the way)

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 25 Nov 2008, 15:57

They posted the walking animations of pirate, corsair and sea wolf
Image Image Image
And the attack animation of pirate too :-D Image
All images are taken from the russian forum
They are of great quality and smoothly!Great work :hoo:
Edit: Forget to saY: GUNS IN A HEROES GAME!! :gun:
(hope forge project will be finished...)

Spartak
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby Spartak » 26 Nov 2008, 22:26

Archer wrote:May I ask how are things going around the project? :-) No news for a long time... :(
Our work continues ...
Sorry for the temporary silence .. a lot of work, but very soon you will see results.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 26 Nov 2008, 23:46

Well I can see where the work was good for. Dahm, this looks really awesome, and it blends perfectly in game :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

windjaz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby windjaz » 27 Nov 2008, 03:17

My fiancee and I are so excited! I have played all of the HOMM except for the 2nd expansion to HOMM5. We are BIG fans of WOG and can't wait for HotA.

Would it be possible to have a co-op campaign? Or at least a campaign with the option for co-op? We love to play together and find it ever increasingly difficult to find maps that are co-op.

We also have lots of ideas for awesome artifacts if you decide to work on a new project after HotA is up and going. The screenshots are awesome!!! We'd be happy to beta test as well if needed :D

Spartak
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby Spartak » 29 Nov 2008, 00:03

The campaign will be in the classical tradition. But if the majority wants to see a co-op mission, we will do ..

Holly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holly » 10 Dec 2008, 11:40

I suggest calling at least one hero from the Cove, Captain Farrell :D

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”