Warmonger's optimalization pack

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Warmonger's optimalization pack

Unread postby Warmonger » 12 Feb 2008, 10:43

So, I did it! I edited RPG stats for the following values:

Neutral stack increase is now 11/12/15% and on heroic it equals insane 20% every week. Believe me, on hard it works very fine. Just makes the neutrals be challenging all the time and provide sufficient amount of exp. I'll have to finish a number of games to tell how does it work in lategame though.
To compensate that the stacks on heroic are a little smaller.

Difficulty levels become more resonable. Easy is not senseless anymore. AI casts level 5 spells on all difficulties, but has equal starting conditions as human on normal level so now it's actually normal. Hard is ok for all the heroes players, but heroic is yet to be tested... I'm already scared about the results.
Also there were some AI tweaks so now it behaves more like human. Does not produce 6 heroes running all around and looks for powerful artifacts.

Damage cap is actually removed (set at x100), so now huge Phoenixes can do serious amount of damage. Also, high defense may make you almost invulnerable to low-level creatures. It doesn't change the orginial formula though.

Some heroes' specializations have been improved so now there are really noticeable. It includes Deidre, Wyngaal, Lethos etc. Especially the familiar spells used by Vladimir and such.

Poison now doesn't wear off so using Assasins may have some sense.
I use separate mod for infinite Aid Tent though.

There were some artifact fixes including Pendant of Necromancy and underpowered sets, especially the sexy englightement suit.

I features also various minor fixes, usually various parameters were turned up.

Testing in progress. If you want to join, just contact me.
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 12 Feb 2008, 13:42

now how did you "optimize" Vyngaal???

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 12 Feb 2008, 14:23

Neutral stack increase is now 11/12/15% and on heroic it equals insane 20% every week. Believe me, on hard it works very fine. Just makes the neutrals be challenging all the time and provide sufficient amount of exp. I'll have to finish a number of games to tell how does it work in lategame though.
To compensate that the stacks on heroic are a little smaller.

Difficulty levels become more resonable. Easy is not senseless anymore. AI casts level 5 spells on all difficulties, but has equal starting conditions as human on normal level so now it's actually normal. Hard is ok for all the heroes players, but heroic is yet to be tested... I'm already scared about the results.Also there were some AI tweaks so now it behaves more like human. Does not produce 6 heroes running all around and looks for powerful artifacts.
Most of this has already been done, the only difference is you seem to use very large changes. I doubt that will keep the game balanced. The problem is mostly that neutrals in late game are too weak, while early game they are good as they are. I think it is more an issue for mapmakers to place more mixed neutral stacks in late game area's to make the game more challenging.
Damage cap is actually removed (set at x100), so now huge Phoenixes can do serious amount of damage. Also, high defense may make you almost invulnerable to low-level creatures. It doesn't change the orginial formula though.
What are you exactly doing here? You remove a cap but set it x100? ;|
And why do you want to make level 1 creatures completely useless against level 7?
Some heroes' specializations have been improved so now there are really noticeable. It includes Deidre, Wyngaal, Lethos etc.
Why would you change these heroes, in tournament of honor forums there
are very few complaints about these heroes being underpowered. Mostly the opposite. Wyngaal was used to be banned very often.

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 12 Feb 2008, 15:03

I think it is more an issue for mapmakers to place more mixed neutral stacks in late game area's to make the game more challenging.
Sure it is, but I can't find too many maps of resonable size where this was done. All in all, it's easier to use the mod than create another map ;| I make these changes for myself, but who knows, maybe others would like to use it?
What are you exactly doing here? You remove a cap but set it x100?
This cap needs values counted in hundreds to be reached, so it's actually virtual.
And why do you want to make level 1 creatures completely useless against level 7?
It makes a difference only when attack / defense difference is above 30, which doesn't take place in equal combat unless Phoenix is summoned. I would like it to be more effective against large armies of various footmen.
Wyngaal was used to be banned very often.
In Hof yes, he got +0.05 ATB per level which gave him free round at 20. But in ToTE it was lowered to ridiculous 0.01 which gives mere effects at all and for sure does not progress with level. I set it at 0.04 now.

All in all, I'm not very interested in multiplayer game and therefore want to improve single player experience.
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

jim strom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jim strom » 13 Feb 2008, 16:50

This sounds good in my book!

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 28 Mar 2008, 21:47

what are you talking about? in my tote game, wyngaal gets 1% bonus to starting ATB. It is still owerpowered imho, and should be between 0,5-0,8%

In HoF, it was 2%

Now, with your changes, it is 4%, which is overkill and makes him very imbalanced.

Buffing Wyngaal has apsolutely no sense.

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jerseys » 18 May 2008, 18:05

So, where is this mod?

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”