Some mods for ToE 3.0 eng

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: config

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Nov 2007, 04:36

spamm_ru wrote:show heroes mana permanently
GameDir\profiles\autoexec_a2.cfg
add:
show_heroes_mana 1
Nice, it worked. How can I set the town build screen so it always starts expanded?

dark_o2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dark_o2 » 06 Nov 2007, 15:00

Hi everybody.

spamm_ru, thank you very much for these mods, and the links. Only a question: any problem if I translate some mods to spanish and link them in La Torre de Marfil? (hola Lepastur)

Bye

spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spamm_ru » 06 Nov 2007, 16:43

dark_o2 wrote:any problem if I translate some mods to spanish and link them in La Torre de Marfil? (hola Lepastur)
No problems ;)

dark_o2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dark_o2 » 06 Nov 2007, 18:55

Thank you very much. Nos vemos

Dacarnix_
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Dacarnix_ » 07 Nov 2007, 21:09

spamm_ru wrote:update (many changes) beta 3.0.1

for all languages
Does anyone have a link in *.h5u format or is this one currently only in *.rar?

Thanks.

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 08 Nov 2007, 01:04

Great job and very useful :)

Keep Up the good work :tsup:

spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spamm_ru » 08 Nov 2007, 18:30

Without prefix "beta":
Skillwheel in game 3.0.2
- sectors place like in Aurelain wheel

---
update - fix critical error.
download again.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 09 Nov 2007, 10:23

One small suggestion for a good improvement.
Now that the description of each skill is shown at the left of the wheel, is it possible to remove the pop-up description when hovering with the mouse above the skill icon?
The reason I propose this is that I'm having difficulties watching the required skills because of that window.

sfidanza
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sfidanza » 09 Nov 2007, 12:26

By curiosity, you packaged the .h5u with "Store" compression. It also works with "Normal" compression (with filesize 5.28Mb, which is not really my point). Filesize is still bigger than the .rar, which has the additional feature of avoiding IE to silently rename the file and make it not work for people with low computer skills (as long as they know haw to handle rar files).

My point is that there have been claims that using compression in mods didn't work. This is not true, or at least, it works with me. Maybe it was your reason for this packaging. However, I wondered if you conducted additional performance tests, to check if the compression method impacted the game (I don't know how the game handles the packed data - it might be quicker on uncompressed archives). My guess is that it doesn't change anything, but I'm curious to get your input.

And great work on the skillwheel, by the way!

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby krs » 17 Nov 2007, 09:30

10x for the mods.

Some suggestions: (because Sir_Toejam got lazy :) or he's too bussy playing.)

- can you keep your first post up to date? this way people dont have to go through the whole posts to get the latest skillwheel.

- can you add a little more description for the combat mod? I know it changes a lot and some stuff are obvious, but some are not :).

krs

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby krs » 17 Nov 2007, 10:58

Some suggestions for the Skillwheel mod:

Not all can be implemented in parrallel, not all have to be implemented, but maybe something usefull is found.

- Like Okrane i have also problems with the popup description. Can it be removed, or better yet assigned to mouse right click?

- Hero unique skils on the upper right are too small. I would prefer them 2X as big.

- In the upper right corner near hero skills you can display the currently selected hero type. (round portait please, square ones are ugly).

- Hero types were way more cool in the skillwheel beta when they were round!

- If the credits are moved to the lower right corner there will be more place on the left :). to use for other stuff. For example some information about the currently selected hero (%to get attack, defense, etc.)

- I am not so fammiliar with the skill tree so for me it is confusing when I see a skill that requires expert mastery below one that requires only advanced. I know it is done because of space, but because expert ones are only max 2 it should be possible to introduce a circle after the advace like in the original skill wheel.

- In the middle there is a big circle! It can be used for the currently selected hero type. (Again round portrait pls :) )

- When a hero type is hoovered in middle left is lots of space for some information.

krs

ps. Maybe is not here the place but maybe the composed artifacts can be called somehow in a simmilar way? with picture description and all?

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 08 Dec 2007, 19:34

thanks A LOT!!!! ;) :D :-D :) :tsup: :lolu:
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

VodevilX
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VodevilX » 19 Mar 2008, 18:57

Any new mods, that we don't know about yet?

Shokey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Some mods for ToE 3.0 eng

Unread postby Shokey » 03 Sep 2008, 12:16

spamm_ru wrote: disable logo video
GameDir\profiles\start.cfg
change:
mainmenu 1
How to turn off this logo in version 3.1?

ShadowGuest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ShadowGuest » 29 Sep 2010, 20:24

Any chance someone can reupload the skill wheel mod? Download link says that the file is not on the server (404). :hoo:

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”