Necromancer Campaign Map 2 - Godric level reset

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Necromancer Campaign Map 2 - Godric level reset

Unread postby Grail Quest » 02 Sep 2007, 17:21

Hello!

Does anyone know how to _not_ reset Godric's level to 10 in the Necromancer campaign? I can't seem to find an explicit mention of it in the scripts, else I'm looking in the wrong places.

Thanks!

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Fixed, but don't know why

Unread postby Grail Quest » 06 Sep 2007, 20:07

I managed to fix Godric's level-reset in Necromancer map 2, but -- and this is the very strange part -- I can remove the mod, and it still works.

Initially, I thought it was related to the "overridemask" value set for Godric. In C3M1, this value was 0, and Godric appears. Since that map has a level cap of 10, I reasoned that Godric might have had his level reset there.

Looking in C2M1, where Godric is also used but not modified, I copied the value of 32 over to C3M1 and make it a .h5m under \maps\
I also changed C3M2 to have a level cap of 24.

When I restarted the Necromancer campaign, and used @Win() in the console to zoom past map 1, Godric was level 24 in Map 2.
So far so good.

I recently split up the mod that fixed Godric (it was part of another hero-changing mod) and made it a standalone.
When I played the Necromancer map again, the fix no longer worked.
I thought I messed up and I flipped the value in C3M1 from 32 to 0, and it still didn't work.
I restarted the Necromancer campaign by starting from the Inferno Campaign, mission 5, and used @Win() to skip it, then picked the Necromancer campaign again. This time, Godric was again level 24 in C3M2.
I took off the mod completely... and Godric is still level 24 in C3M2!!

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”