Creatures

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Creatures

Unread postby Orfinn » 28 Apr 2007, 14:03

I would add something to this part of the forums, and I thought why not discuss here, creatures that should return in GotP and proposal new...realistic ones. Not some Giant Mutated Whale. Thought that would be a nice fan-based easter egg in this expansion :)

I would like to see an updated version of the WoG werewolf in GotP, I would be amazed and very satisfyied if that could happen :-D
Also troglodytes and dendroids would be nice to see returning. While the treant skin mod and the gargoyle impish skin mods for H5 could also be put to good use ;) The dendroids could be in this expension be lesser forms of the treants but more plentiful ofcourse.

Discuss :butterfly:

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 28 Apr 2007, 15:01

It all depends on the model...
If new models can be made and introduced I would like some new creatures too.... but if the new creatures would be a revamping of some existant creature I don't agree...
I mean... those imp skinned gargoyles are just lame... I prefer the in-game skin.

Creatures I would like:

*Pegasi - maybe as lvl7 Sylvan => reduce the no of dragons.
*Medusas - with the stone gase from h4
*Wyverns
*Evil Eye

and let's not forget:

*Rust and Azure Dragons :D (just kidding)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 28 Apr 2007, 15:25

okrane wrote:It all depends on the model...
If new models can be made and introduced I would like some new creatures too.... but if the new creatures would be a revamping of some existant creature I don't agree...
I mean... those imp skinned gargoyles are just lame... I prefer the in-game skin.

Creatures I would like:

*Pegasi - maybe as lvl7 Sylvan => reduce the no of dragons.
*Medusas - with the stone gase from h4
*Wyverns
*Evil Eye

and let's not forget:

*Rust and Azure Dragons :D (just kidding)
Indeed thats true, there should be some kind of model morphing program for H5 so you could tweak the creatures shape, color etc...

Yeah those creatures would I see too. But Wyvern? IMO the Pao Kai are some kind of wyvern but as Leanna said they are degenerative dragons, I think they are a blend of wyvern and dragon. But since they spit lightning which dragons dont do and dont have forelimbs like dragons. Well pao Kai are suitable. But copuld use the Pao Kai model for the wyvern, adding eyes and make them poisonus, not lighting slingers, their bite could be venomous or a stinging tail...still dont know how their animation will be in TotE ;|

Heeeey, give at least those dragons a chance, Rust dragons were the best looking IMO but the Azure is the king and leader of them all :-D
Could turn them neutral you know ;)

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Creatures

Unread postby Thelonious » 29 Apr 2007, 19:12

Orfinn wrote:Not some Giant Mutated Whale. Thought that would be a nice fan-based easter egg in this expansion :)

I would like to see an updated version of the WoG werewolf in GotP, I would be amazed and very satisfyied if that could happen :-D
Also troglodytes and dendroids would be nice to see returning. While the treant skin mod and the gargoyle impish skin mods for H5 could also be put to good use ;) The dendroids could be in this expension be lesser forms of the treants but more plentiful ofcourse.
first thing, dendriods and treeants would be overkill, just make the treeants the old beta treeants, and maybe the new treeants (alien IMHO) skins can be used for new creatures.

Also creating werewolfs would be a tricky; you'd have to totally adapt the skin of the wolf.
okrane wrote:*Pegasi - maybe as lvl7 Sylvan => reduce the no of dragons.
Naw, make them valkrie then but not just plain pegasi.
I'd suggest placing the (old) treeants at 'tier' 7 and bump their stats and perhaps abilities. unicorns at 6 (bump stats aswell), and place something new on lvl 5. Perhaps they could bump more creatures and place the wolf in Sylvan.
Another possibility is to place the pheonix as tier 7 creature with Sylvan.
Grah!

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 30 Apr 2007, 09:26

Naw, make them valkrie then but not just plain pegasi.
yeah... I like that...
I picture a Flying Unicorn Rider with a long spear, surrounded by a glowing light nimbus.

Treants at level 7 would somewhat reduce their offensive power.
Another possibility is to place the pheonix as tier 7 creature with Sylvan.
Tradition wize it would be interesting since they have been in Sylvan in H1 and H2, but as the phoenixes have a special place in this game: the only lvl7 neutral and the strongest IMO, not to mention that they are connected to a spell, I guess they would be better as neutrals.

I will stick then to this pegasus/valkyrie idea... which I think would be pretty nice.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 03 May 2007, 19:42

Well I guess that modding team should decide that, allthough you did have a good point with the spell and all.

BTW, it would be a nice idea to add a pheonix dwelling (if it's not allready in the game I'm not so sure)
Grah!

EliteKill
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby EliteKill » 12 May 2007, 08:42

Well, the most problemic thing with making a Heroes V WoG is that no one currently knows how to add creatures or insert custom-made models inthe game... Also, makin a new texture out ofscatch in simple programs like Adobe Photoshop is VERY hard...

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”