new hero classes

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
chester_a_r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

new hero classes

Unread postby chester_a_r » 03 Mar 2007, 10:18

Is it possible to create new hero classes for each race? I kind of miss the 2-hero type configuration per race from previous games....and I think it woulf be better if we had for each race a might hero and a magic hero, like in heroes 4 for example...for necropolis, as an example, death knight/necromancer or for sylvan, ranger/druid...
I think the game is kind of dull with only one hero class per race...and there are lots of ideas for class-based skills and modified models to fit the new classes...Is such thing possible?

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Re: new hero classes

Unread postby Grail Quest » 31 Aug 2007, 16:43

chester_a_r wrote:Is it possible to create new hero classes for each race? I kind of miss the 2-hero type configuration per race from previous games....and I think it woulf be better if we had for each race a might hero and a magic hero, like in heroes 4 for example...for necropolis, as an example, death knight/necromancer or for sylvan, ranger/druid...
I think the game is kind of dull with only one hero class per race...and there are lots of ideas for class-based skills and modified models to fit the new classes...Is such thing possible?
I *suspect* it is, as otherwise they'd have had to overhaul way too many files, and it looks like the accessible .xdb files provide the structure as simply defined here and there in various files and locations.
Without a bird's eye view of the overall structure, however, it would be a lot of trial and error.
If you really want to try, I recommend starting with looking through the skill definitions and maybe backtracking from there.

What may very well be hardcoded, however, are the actual skills themselves. I don't think they simply run off scripts that we can change. Making an entirely new racial skill, for example, might be impossible.
An intermediate change might be to define a new class and mix and match a custom set of skills for them. But that's sort of limited.

agreal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby agreal » 15 Jun 2008, 21:12

try the (heoes of axeoth mod)

see this link

viewtopic.php?t=7988&sid=afafc590798cac ... 1b894ef6d9

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”