WIP - Ghosts and Spectres Unfettered

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
redwoodtreesprite
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

WIP - Ghosts and Spectres Unfettered

Unread postby redwoodtreesprite » 27 Feb 2007, 17:15

I'vre always loved (and dreaded having to battle) the ghosts in the Heroes games. But I can't stand the torture devices on the heads and arms of the Heroes 5 ghosts. So I've been doing some retexture work, gradually removing the shackles, chains and other torture devices from the ghosts. I'm close now, and should be ready to release these soon. One ghost still has spikes in it's head, and sometimes a bit of some edges of the torture devices show when the ghosts move. So I still need to fix that. Also I need to get the bottom of the robes alpha-channeled again so it has that nice frayed look.

Here's some pics of the current stage.

Original and Current Stage Comparison:
ImageImage

And some more screenshots:
ImageImageImage

This will be a simple texture replacer, and it works with HoF as well as the original game.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Re: WIP - Ghosts and Spectres Unfettered

Unread postby Angelspit » 27 Feb 2007, 17:35

redwoodtreesprite wrote:But I can't stand the torture devices on the heads and arms of the Heroes 5 ghosts.
Why? I thought it was a nice touch. That creature really freaked me out the first few times I fought it.

I'm really impressed by your texture mods by the way.

redwoodtreesprite
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: WIP - Ghosts and Spectres Unfettered

Unread postby redwoodtreesprite » 27 Feb 2007, 17:45

Angelspit wrote:
redwoodtreesprite wrote:But I can't stand the torture devices on the heads and arms of the Heroes 5 ghosts.
Why? I thought it was a nice touch. That creature really freaked me out the first few times I fought it.

I'm really impressed by your texture mods by the way.
Thanks. :)

And yes, the torture devices suggest the ghosts in particular are in eternal torment and agony, but forced to battle.

But I don't like the suggestion that the ghosts were created by torturing captives to death. Yes, the necromancer is an evil faction. And some of the Heroes games have you convert living troops to skeletons. But I always assumed that they primarily raised the dead to fight for them rather than slayed the living to enslave to battle for them. And that ghosts were recruited from barrows and such.

Also, our 6 year old son plays with us sometimes, and watches me play. And I don't like him seeing the torture devices so often. And it's hard to avoid ghost battles. Plus they look so darn cool when they shriek and charge through an enemy. So they are fun, yet quite a nuisance to battle. This mod will keep the fun for us, while removing the torture aspects.

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”