Button, button, who's got the buttons?

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Button, button, who's got the buttons?

Unread postby Caradoc » 19 Nov 2006, 16:47

Wah! The mod with the new buttons doesn't work any more. I tried changing the date and moving it to the new data1 directory, but no luck.

You get the holes where the buttons should be but not the buttons themselves.

I can't WAIT to get this one working again.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 19 Nov 2006, 18:21

:) Which mod? What button?
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 19 Nov 2006, 20:19

btw, i updated your 1.4 combat interface mod, gryph.

works just dandy in HOF.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 20 Nov 2006, 03:48

SirTJ,

This is the popular mod that adds Wait-Save-Load buttons to the adventure screen. Since the first post, I have found the problem and got it working. I'm not the original author, but can send you the updated version (1.1) for the library.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ChinaBlue
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChinaBlue » 20 Nov 2006, 06:51

Sir_Toejam wrote:works just dandy in HOF.
doesn't work at all in vanilla 1.4
the previous version does except for one "flying button" which is annoying enought but now I get nothing but the ugly nival combat dial.
Please fix it for me or tell me how to. no luck with updating timestamps.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 20 Nov 2006, 08:44

so you say that the interface doesn't show up at all?

strange.

pm me and i'll give you a place to send me what you did with the mod, and i'll try to figure out what went wrong.

I'm using the 1.4 combat interface in HOF for the last 5 missions, and it works just peachy (after just the basic timestamp update on all the files). can't figure out what would be different between the regular patch version and HOF that would cause it to work in HOF but NOT the regular version!

carodoc:

i sent you a pm with an address to send your update of the mod to.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 20 Nov 2006, 09:03

I just updated my two mods on the CH site. They work for patch 1.4 and should both work for HoF but I'm not able to check it. If you like, here's the direct link to my combat interface mod, and stack size descriptions. There's an old version listed in the mods page, but I don't know if it works, sorry I don't like it anymore and don't have time to update it.

Sir_T, I also updated the mod page accordingly, hope it's OK.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 20 Nov 2006, 09:15

hells yes it's OK! anything to cut down on the time i have to spend updating the pages is fine by me.

I've spent all day testing the entire set of mods from here, and a lot of the popular skin mods from elrath in HOF, and trying to reverse engineer what they did to HOF to fubar all the spell mods.

progress is being made, and I will probably upload a bunch of them tommorrow. OTOH, tommorrow (now today, the 20th) is my Bday, so I might decide to go out drinking and upload them tuesday.

so many changes in the way stuff works in HOF, mostly because of the addition of rune magic (all spells have to have material cost references now).

plus, they got lazy (yeah, shocker i know) and left code lines out of some of the spells, so when you mod them, they work really funky.

like resurrection, for example, where they forgot to include the line that specifies it's a friendly spell.

if you mod it using the new data files, you find out in game you can only use it to resurrect your enemies!

whee!

*sigh*

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 20 Nov 2006, 10:15

Sir_Toejam wrote: OTOH, tommorrow (now today, the 20th) is my Bday, so I might decide to go out drinking and upload them tuesday.
Happy birthday then. And be welcome to spend it on something else than updating mods. ;)

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 20 Nov 2006, 10:40

Sir_Toejam wrote: OTOH, tommorrow (now today, the 20th) is my Bday, so I might decide to go out drinking and upload them tuesday.
That's certainly a better idea than drinking whilst uploading them. ;) Have a blast, and treat yourself to something nice!
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

boglavius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby boglavius » 20 Nov 2006, 16:16

I have the excellent updated combat interface mod by the Gryphon. It works as supposed in H5 V1.4 collectors but in HoF i don't get the wait button (empty space there). I have copied the mod in both data folders. The sev. mod by the same author works well in both versions (thx by the way for these great improvements Gryphon!)
Can somenone help?
I can settle for another interface mod temporarely, as long as I get the WAIT button. It's damn annoyng to ask the other to push "W" while hot-seating.

ChinaBlue
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChinaBlue » 20 Nov 2006, 21:13

Sir_Toejam wrote:so you say that the interface doesn't show up at all?
strange.
pm me and i'll give you a place to send me what you did with the mod, and i'll try to figure out what went wrong.
The combatmod is working for me now. First I dl the newest version and put it directly in my data folder en renamed the file from .zip to .pak which didn't work obviously ;|
But still..updating timestamps myself is not giving desired results so I'll send you pm maybe you can show me the (probably also obvious) error, thanks!

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 21 Nov 2006, 05:49

boglavius: I just updated the combat interface mod. Please try it again and report the results, would you? I don't have HoF (yet) and cannot check myself.

Did anybody else try my mod with HoF? Thanks.

boglavius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby boglavius » 21 Nov 2006, 07:48

It works like a charm, Gryphon! Guess it was just the timestamp thingie..
I guess you could add HoF to the compatibility list in adittion to 1.4 in the mod section of CH.
Just an idea..and pls. don't laugh: could't the timestamps be set to 1/1/9999 to solve these patching problems?
Great work!

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 21 Nov 2006, 11:20

OK, problem.

I tested the 1.4 interface in the FIRST campaign in HOF, and it worked perfectly.

However...

turns out the interface somehow gacks the display of the rune bar for the dwarven units, and causes a CTD as soon as combat begins and a rune bar for a unit is attempted to be displayed.

so the SECOND campaign is a bit of a problem.

oops.

that'll teach me not to test everything with every goddamn faction before thinking it works right.

*sigh*

boglavius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby boglavius » 21 Nov 2006, 22:34

A solution could be theGryphon's old "Combat Control Panel Mod". Would love to see that updated with the "hourglass" icon as in 1.4. Could you help?

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 21 Nov 2006, 22:36

Sir_T, I can fix it but I need some folders from the data file for HoF. They're probably named the same and they should be under the "UI" folder: "CombatArena-Heavy", "CombatArena-FPP-2" and "CombatScreen-Heavy". Also I need the file: "CombatScreen-Heavy.(WindowScreenShared).xdb".

If you could zip these and put it somewhere I can access, I think can fix a HoF version of the mod. At least, I'll try :) Thanks.

boglavius: So, you like the old one too, huh? :D Maybe I can update it too. But I need the above things for it.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 22 Nov 2006, 00:28

will do.

I'll PM you in tommorrow or the next day with where to grab the files.

cheers

EDIT:

PM sent.
Last edited by Sir_Toejam on 25 Nov 2006, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

boglavius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby boglavius » 22 Nov 2006, 08:16

theGryphon, sincerely, i hope you have the time to update the old mod too. IMO (and my friend's also) it was just perfect (not that I dislike the new one). Good luck with the modding business and remember your work is well appreciated.

LindaG
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LindaG » 26 Nov 2006, 01:28

First off, a belated Happy Birthday to Sir Toejam. :)

Next: I have The Hammers of Fate installed. I do not have patch 1.4 installed.

I am playing The Windrose single player map. I chose the dwarves for my race.

If I put the Gryphon mod in my H5 data subdirectory, the wait button is blank, but the map plays okay.

If I put the Gryphon mod in my H5 dataa1 subdirectory, the wait button is there, but the game crashes shortly after battle begins.

I did not update the timestamps of the Gryphon mod, because it is newer than the newest HOF file in the dataa1 directory.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”