MODS in HOF

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

MODS in HOF

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 18 Nov 2006, 01:48

Ok, I'm making this thread for any modmakers who are trying to edit their mods or make new mods for the HOF expansion.

please post anything you learn here.

Here's my initial contribution:

-the new data files are located in Heroes of Might and Magic V\dataa1
-all of the original dataX.pak files that were released as patches in the original, are duplicated in this directory, but not the original data.pak file.
-the text.pak files have all been modified to some extent, the lines changed.
-the elrath mod manager no longer is able to parse the new pak files, for some reason, and so cannot be used to check for conflicts

I will post a list of all the mods i have tested and found to be working or broken in this thread, as i manage to test them.

-Cleric Mod works, after updating the timestamps.
-"sev" mod works, "
-any spell mods seem to work, "
UPDATE: the stat changes for the spells work (changes to damage, duration, etc.), however for some reason as yet to be figured out, the animations for at least some spells become disabled. Update2: some spells don't seem to work at all when modded; stonespike for example.
-the combat interface mods work, "

OK, I think I know what's going on here. It looks like they set up an entire new set of reference tables for the expansion (to accomodate the rune magic), so many mods will have to be re-mapped to the directory structure found in:

a1-data.pak

instead of the directory and file structure found in the original data.pak file.

crap, that's gonna be some work.

*sigh*

confirmed:

to modify spells in the expansion, you need to edit the appropriate xdb file from a1-data.pak, and save that as a new .pak file.

then all works correctly. *

of course, that means essentially re-creating any mods that might be affected by the additions of rune magic (all spell mods, maybe some ability mods?)

*except for the spells they forgot to add certain code lines to.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 10 Dec 2006, 20:01

The stack size increase mod doesn't work!
First i thought i was too stupid, but recently i managed to update the mod for 1.4 standard version... but every time i wanted to start HoF 2.0 with it, it crashed.

Because i have no idea how to create a new compatible version of this mod i seem to be... stuck!
Maybe the author got an idea?
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 10 Dec 2006, 21:16

it's because they changed the lines in the underlying file the mod controls, defaultstats.xdb.

so the author will have to redo the mod using the new defaultstats.xdb file from the dataa1.pak file.

also, once that is done, you will need to make sure no other mods you are using also utilize the defaultstats.xdb file.

the author of the mod is listed in the download table, so you can try to send them a PM if you can find them.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 11 Dec 2006, 14:38

I already wrote Gaidal a pm, let's stay tuned what comes out....
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”