Help: adding heroes

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
MER
Peasant
Peasant

Help: adding heroes

Unread postby MER » 07 Oct 2006, 08:07

hello,
I've been trying to add new hero to the game but can't get it right. I don't want to change the specs of an existing one, but just add a new one. I can make a hero (make a *.(AdvMapHeroShared).xdb file that points to the necessary resources) and I can use it in the map editor and stuff. But I can't make my hero show up like other heroes: it doesn't show up in the list of heores anywhere in the editor, I can't reserve him or call DeployReserveHero on him after that, I can't choose him when I start a new game, and stuff like that (I guess he won't show up in the tavern too).
So my question is does anyone know how to add my newly-made hero to the list of the in-game heroes? I guess there should be a reference somewhere that lists all heroes but I can't find it. Or is it hardcoded (it would be very disappointing)? Thx beforehand :) .

MER
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MER » 09 Oct 2006, 17:34

By the lack of replies I guess that either no one has tried it or no one has succeeded in doing this :( . I hope it's not the second one :( .

pet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pet » 15 Dec 2007, 01:45

hey,

I wanted to do the same since the first HOM&M5. I´ve finnaly did it with TOE. Actually only a part of a heroe.
I´ve created a Minotaur Hero with his own skills using a mix of stronghold and dungeon. You can play with him, interact with other objects, raise level and so on. I´ve use an Entry Point to do it.

The only thing I didn´t pull out yet is the script. I can´t make Lua functions to take him as a variable so I think that there is the problem. I didnt whanted to mess up with the internal files so I´m still figuring out how to "define" him with scripts, so I think we are pretty much on the same spot.
(sorry for my english :S )

sfidanza
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sfidanza » 15 Dec 2007, 16:30

Did you add them in the heroes AdvMapSharedGroup?
\MapObjects\_(AdvMapSharedGroup)\Heroes\Any.xdb

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”