Dark Knights Mod

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Arstahd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Dark Knights Mod

Unread postby Arstahd » 19 Jun 2006, 06:53

I've reworked my original Black Knight Mod into a fully functional and polished new version.

This version replaces the graphics of the Necromancer's Wight and Wraith with those of dark knights. Stats have been tweaked some, but abilities have not been changed. The Blood Knight, like the Wight has none, and the Dread Knight has the Wraith's Harm Touch.

The neutral Death Knight (with Deadly Strike) has been remade into a Tier 7 neutral creature, the Doom Reaper, using Wraith-like graphics. The unused Black Knight makes an appearance as a Revenant, the Doom Reaper's downgrade, using the stock Wight graphics.

Everything should work properly to my knowledge. All relevant texts have been edited, Necro transformation should work, creatures will appear correctly from random spawn points on maps.

The Stats:

Blood Knight:

Dread Knight:

Doom Reaper:

And the download link:
Dark Knights Mod

The mod is in PAK format, just copy to the Data folder to use.

Enjoy!

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 19 Jun 2006, 07:27

will try asap

thx for your work

doom reaper is a bit tough with deadly strike AND harm touch...
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

Arstahd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arstahd » 19 Jun 2006, 08:00

Cunning Death wrote:will try asap

thx for your work

doom reaper is a bit tough with deadly strike AND harm touch...
I gave it both simply because I could (it was set up to properly animate the Harm Touch). I figured that Harm Touch would so very rarely be the better option to use that its addition was negligable, mostly for show.

Thanquol
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Thanquol » 19 Jun 2006, 17:06

Regarding those special abilities ... would you care to share how you assign new or remove existing abilities to/from units(what files etc. are involved)?

Thanquol
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Thanquol » 23 Jun 2006, 08:33

*Tumbleweed rolls by*

Arstahd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arstahd » 23 Jun 2006, 14:14

I didn't remove any, I only added Harm Touch to the former Death Knight. I was only able to do it successfully (wilth proper animation) because that creature was already coded to have that ability. It was done by adding the Harm Touch spell-ability to the creature stats xdb file in GameMechanics. You can give these type of abilities to any creature but it won't display an animation. Since the DK creature had code to run a spell ability animation, I was able to assign it one in "_(BasicSkelAnim)".

Thanquol
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Thanquol » 23 Jun 2006, 22:43

Yes ok, I see that you have added Harm Touch to the Death Knight as a triggerable spell type effect.

Sadly then what I was hoping you had discovered was how to modify the passive abilites assigned to a unit. Oh well.

-Shadow32-
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby -Shadow32- » 02 Jul 2006, 15:52

I'm not feeling this one... it's of course better than the original game.
But no Deadly Strike on the Dread Knight?!?! ... would have been better if you could change the ability to ... let's say.. double damage instead of killing half a stack.

Still good job though, even though I won't be using this version

Vladimir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Arstahd Mods

Unread postby Vladimir » 04 Jul 2006, 23:43

Arstahd , Remake the Blood/Dread Knight and forget for the harm touch bullshit ! it is completely usles skill ! i am agree that Deadly Strike is A little bit powerful for Tier 6 ! U must put Double damage ( or luck ) and pls untill Tier 7 is remaked put 25 - 35 dmg on the knight ! Do not make Wriath from Death Knight ! :). And leave cursing attack !
It is a good idea to put doom reaper in Level 7 Necropolis With Population +1 Weekly and it will be ok ! ;) agreed ? ( i have no idea how u can put +1 after a castle :) perhaps Base 0,5 - without a castle u are unable to get it :) )

I always hope to get The Death Itself Into necropolis Tier 7 ! It is good unit with Scythe that must be in necropolis . Trow Out the Spectaral Dragon like a neutral unit ... But Tier 6 ! :)

It had a headache form laughing about this " Harm Touch " . To be a heavy armed Horse rider with a sword and shield and u throw the sword just to touch a enemy ! Cmon Its rediculous. Harm touch Is the last thing that must be in Dread Knigh Arsenal :) that screenshoot with that is good :)

Mod note: Use the Edit button when you're adding stuff to earlier posts.

MadWolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MadWolf » 05 Jul 2006, 05:43

Trust me dude, Harm Torch is a tough skill. Have you ever seen a warlock summon a 1khp phonix ~350-450 dmg, ~100atk, ~100 def and then devine str buffed? Image how many units u would loose to slay it just for your enemy to summon a new one and torture your army again? Harm touch guaranty no retaliation and 1 kill. That's the point and exactly designed for killing skillful summoner.

Vladimir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

to Mad wolf

Unread postby Vladimir » 05 Jul 2006, 09:25

Oohh man this is the One and Only use of that bullshit skill that u pointed ! The same thing could be done By Vorpal Sword without skipping a turn of a Pit Lord ! In addition He can cast spells ! and it is Tough ! And what about Summon Elemental ! Harm Touch Sux HArd ! MAN HARD ! a skill with only one possible use VS Fenix ! Imagine u have 250 Wriaths ! and u shall skip their turn for this Bullshit !? !??@? It shall be good if it was PASSIVE SKILL NOT ACTIVE !

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 05 Jul 2006, 17:11

of course, if you have 250 wraiths you wouldnt use the skill, but just attack normally. however, that wasnt what MadWolf was talking about, was it? listen, if you dont like the skill, dont use it. if you want it taken from the death knight, then make your own mod. dont scream at people for having different opinions, but if you must argue you can try and talk instead of yelling.

Vladimir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vladimir » 05 Jul 2006, 19:58

U sound reasonable . I accept ur critics . but that wont change the fact that the harm touch skill of DK must be removed ! It dеsecrates the Death Knight ! in fakt The begining idea was to make Death Knights instead of Wriaths. Why make Wriath with Deathknight skin!

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 21 Jul 2006, 14:43

Wow, I like the looks of this mod alot, and I'll have to start using it...

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 17 Aug 2006, 04:04

a skill with only one possible use VS Fenix
not true. any illusory stack is guaranteed wiped out as well. no more worry about missing that phantomed stack with a physical attack.

also addresses the author's own concern:
I figured that Harm Touch would so very rarely be the better option to use that its addition was negligable, mostly for show.
I use it all the time on phantomed stacks.

It's quite a useful ability. just right, imo.

I've seen the AI use it themselves when they only have a few wraiths, and they are trying to take out some of my higher level units.

I say, don't change a thing. It's just right.

Arstahd
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arstahd » 21 Aug 2006, 06:54

Sir_Toejam wrote:
I figured that Harm Touch would so very rarely be the better option to use that its addition was negligable, mostly for show.
I use it all the time on phantomed stacks.

It's quite a useful ability. just right, imo.

I've seen the AI use it themselves when they only have a few wraiths, and they are trying to take out some of my higher level units.

I say, don't change a thing. It's just right.
I find HT quite useful as well. It is only in the context of the Doom Reaper that I said it was negligable. The Reaper's huge damage potential plus the chance of Deadly Strike make a physical attack the better way to go in all but a very few cases.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 16 Sep 2006, 01:02

The Reaper's huge damage potential plus the chance of Deadly Strike make a physical attack the better way to go in all but a very few cases.
those few cases being the very ones I mentioned as being the reasons i use HT to begin with.

makes no difference if it's on a reaper or a wraith.

one or two reapers ain't gonna take out a single phoenix with deadly strike, and can still miss entirely against phantoms.

If i have reapers, I'd rather be able to use them in my army under all circumstance, and simply have them replace wraiths enitrely.

leaving the HT on the reaper is the way to go.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 16 Sep 2006, 01:50

i dont see what harm comes from not having it on them, since its not about balance... if you dont give it to them and then run into a super phoenix with very few of those guys you would wish you had HT. if you do give it to them, worst that can hapen is you never use it. i dont even see the argument.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 20 Sep 2006, 14:22

just one question, why have you changed the stats ??
i like the idea of getting this good old fashionned death knight, but, i d like to keep thebalance of the game intact ... if you call it balance anyway :)
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”