NEW MOD! town bonus description

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
marlboroo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

NEW MOD! town bonus description

Unread postby marlboroo » 11 Jun 2006, 21:23

Currently town bonus is enabled by the developer, but their not give us enough clue of what bonus the town gives to its owner in town biography, i make this mod and add the bonus description in town biography so people will find it easier to know their bonus. To install this mod just dl and exract it to your data directory

http://www.mytempdir.com/732789

data.pak\GameMechanics\TownSpecialization (xdb file) is where i know what town give what bonus

texts.pak\Text\Game\Towns (txt file) is where i add the bonus description in town biography

TOWN BONUS TIER1 CREATURE
TOWN BONUS TIER2 CREATURE
TOWN BONUS TIER3 CREATURE
TOWN BONUS TIER4 CREATURE
bonus growth per week

TOWN BONUS BALLISTA
TOWN BONUS FIRST AID TENT
TOWN BONUS AMMO CART
TOWN BONUS HEROES
TOWN BONUS MARKETPLACE
cheaper

TOWN BONUS TOWERS
TOWN BONUS WALLS
stronger

TOWN BONUS 250 GOLD
per day

TOWN BONUS CRYSTALS
TOWN BONUS GEMS
TOWN BONUS MERCURY
TOWN BONUS SULFUR
per week

TOWN BONUS EXTRA ORE
TOWN BONUS EXTRA WOOD
TOWN BONUS THIEVES GUILD
TOWN BONUS SHIPS
dont know yet cause havent got and tested the town yet... dont blame me, hey its random town every game people! :) anyone pls tested and report the bonus

TOWN BONUS PLUS MORALE
TOWN BONUS PLUS LUCK
TOWN BONUS PLUS OFFENCE
TOWN BONUS PLUS DEFENCE OFFENCE 2
for army defending town

TOWN BONUS MINUS OFFENCE
TOWN BONUS MINUS LUCK
TOWN BONUS MINUS MORALE
TOWN BONUS MINUS DEFENCE OFFENCE
TOWN BONUS MINUS DEFENCE OFFENCE 2
for army attacking town

TOWN NO BONUS
usually in scripted town (campaign)

LUCK OF SYLVANA
+500 GP per day, +2 morale and luck bonus for defenders

Also, theres some missing towns from text.pak and data.pak... if the missing town come from text.pak then i just make the town name and add the bonus description in town biography... but if the missing come from data.pak, then i dont know how to fix it

NOW time for some questions :)
-i really like how the camera perpective works in battle arena (the cool dynamic camera shot from arrow, battle dive, inferno hero attack, etc) its like shots from final fantasy games :)....is there anyway to add/mod some new camera shot in this game? so when x creature do x action then it trigger the camera shot

-i can add campaign heroes in mp maps for fun, but its really tiring to add the campaigns heroes string to every map to enable it... is there any easier way to do it (i try with disable scenario heroes in the campaign heroes files with no luck)

-is it possible to add new creatures? the tree ant skin and files is a waste if we use treant mod... maybe give it another skill then add it in game as neutrals, is it possible?

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 11 Jun 2006, 22:20

Moved thread to the Mapmaking Guild.

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 12 Jun 2006, 20:52

Kristo wrote:Moved thread to the Mapmaking Guild.
I strongly suggest separating mods from maps.
Maybe a new moding forum should be considered as the mapmaking guild seems to be a very inappropriate place for such topics.
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Jun 2006, 21:50

They were just combined to lessen the burden on the standard H5 forum without having to make a new subforum that wouldn't get many visits. The name could perhaps be changed to better suit this combination.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

separate forum for h5 modding

Unread postby Cunning Death » 17 Jun 2006, 23:52

Ururam Tururam wrote:
Kristo wrote:Moved thread to the Mapmaking Guild.
I strongly suggest separating mods from maps.
Maybe a new moding forum should be considered as the mapmaking guild seems to be a very inappropriate place for such topics.
I think H5 should have a separate forum for modding. Now it is not that hard to distinguish between H4 and H5 thread, but it will become extremely difficult after the mapeditor comes out. And it seems that anyone with a free copy of winrar can make his/her own mod.
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 23 Jun 2006, 10:10

Gaidal, the problem is that once the map editor is released, all these modding topics get lost in the umpteenth pages. It would be a lot easier to have a separate modding forum, even if it wouldn't be *that* active.

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”