Might & Magic: Myth

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
MAIK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might & Magic: Myth

Unread postby MAIK » 01 Jun 2021, 19:57

Project Name: Might & Magic: Myth
Game: Myth II: Soulblighter (v 1.8.4)
Release date: 12/28/2021

Might & Magic: Myth - this is a modification based on the Might & Magic universe, developed on the game engine of the game Myth II: Soulblighter from the studio Bungie. The main feature of the modification is the port of resources from role-playing and strategy games of the series Might & Magic.

Return to Antagarich in search of an adventure in a Might & Magic universe you've never seen before.
A completely new look at all the beloved "Heroes" and RPG "Might and Magic" in the genre of "real time strategy". The player will have 4 difficult levels of a single player campaign, in which the player will be able to play as: Knights of Erathia, Monsters of Nigon, Sorcerers of Bracada and Necromancers of Deia.

The modification contains both a single player campaign and multiplayer:
v Single player campaign consists of 4 levels (+ training);
v Multiplayer consists of 3 maps: 2 maps recreated from scratch from Bungie and one from a group of cartographers;
v In total, there are 23 new combat units in the modification;
v More than 10 spells and artifacts that your units can use;
v Great soundtrack by Paul Romero and Rob King, both from Heroes of Might & Magic III and Might & Magic VI and Might & Magic VII;
v Destruction: trees, plants, bushes, grass. The player will be able to really smash everything that is on the level (well, almost).
v All stories in the presented campaigns do not depend in any way on the main plots of all games in the Might & Magic universe. The modification features different stories written by the modification developers themselves.

Download Might & Magic - Myth (standalone): Download Link
Official Project Site: Click on This Link

Last edited by MAIK on 28 Dec 2021, 11:56, edited 6 times in total.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Re: Might & Magic: Myth

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 25 Jul 2021, 17:36

Is this bloodiness all really necessary? You aim to reach more mature an audience, yes, but additional realism is a major step back from the fantasy setting we're more or less accustomed to. I am not saying I disagree with your goals or the set of ideas introduced here, but still... that's just me.

-Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

MAIK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MAIK » 27 Jul 2021, 17:36

Yurian Stonebow wrote:Is this bloodiness all really necessary? You aim to reach more mature an audience, yes, but additional realism is a major step back from the fantasy setting we're more or less accustomed to. I am not saying I disagree with your goals or the set of ideas introduced here, but still... that's just me.

-Yurian
Bloody lines - this is one of the key features of the engine of the game Myth 2. It was possible to refuse the fact that during explosions, parts of the body scattered in different directions. You could have left everything as it is, but in this way the gameplay would have changed dramatically. Flying shards deal damage. If I removed the explosions + blood + body parts, it would cause serious damage to the game component. In this mod (game) there is no construction and recruitment of troops. Thus, the entire gameplay is tied to the conduct of the battle. I don't think boring battles will attract the player.

MAIK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MAIK » 01 Aug 2021, 20:43

The teaser-demo has finally seen the light of day. (*breath*) This project has been going on for 10 months. I had to face many problems. Many thanks to everyone who helped me with the development and is helping. Hope you guys enjoy the work done. I will try to do a couple more levels that I have in mind by the end of this year. Perhaps this project will be remembered by people for a long time.

Project Name: Might & Magic: Myth
Required Game: Myth II: Soulblighter (v 1.8.3)
Teaser-Demo Release date: 08/01/2021

Teaser-Demo Trailer WATCH ON YOUTUBE!

Download!

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 01 Aug 2021, 22:53

Great job! That looks so awesome, seriously.

I used to be huge into the RTS genre, so seeing HoMM / MM units, with the HoMM music sent shivers down my spine.

Are you planning to make any campaigns from the HoMM universe or other?

MAIK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MAIK » 02 Aug 2021, 11:07

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote:Great job! That looks so awesome, seriously.

I used to be huge into the RTS genre, so seeing HoMM / MM units, with the HoMM music sent shivers down my spine.

Are you planning to make any campaigns from the HoMM universe or other?
It is very difficult to plan something now. I have been creating this little demo for 10 months. Rest assured that you will be able to play as the Nigon, Erathian and Bracada. By the end of the year, I will create 3 more maps with a duration of about 25-30 minutes of play. Can't promise if I can create campaigns. I had it in the plans, but the development turned out to be very difficult. Maybe after a lot of rest I can think of something about story campaigns. But rest assured that the player will be able to play in the Erathian Woods, the Snowy Mountains of Bracada and the Prairie.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 02 Aug 2021, 15:13

MAIK wrote:It is very difficult to plan something now. I have been creating this little demo for 10 months. Rest assured that you will be able to play as the Nigon, Erathian and Bracada. By the end of the year, I will create 3 more maps with a duration of about 25-30 minutes of play. Can't promise if I can create campaigns. I had it in the plans, but the development turned out to be very difficult. Maybe after a lot of rest I can think of something about story campaigns. But rest assured that the player will be able to play in the Erathian Woods, the Snowy Mountains of Bracada and the Prairie.
Definitely understand! I have way too many projects I'm working on which makes it difficult to get them completed.

MAIK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MAIK » 03 Aug 2021, 12:03

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote:
MAIK wrote:It is very difficult to plan something now. I have been creating this little demo for 10 months. Rest assured that you will be able to play as the Nigon, Erathian and Bracada. By the end of the year, I will create 3 more maps with a duration of about 25-30 minutes of play. Can't promise if I can create campaigns. I had it in the plans, but the development turned out to be very difficult. Maybe after a lot of rest I can think of something about story campaigns. But rest assured that the player will be able to play in the Erathian Woods, the Snowy Mountains of Bracada and the Prairie.
Definitely understand! I have way too many projects I'm working on which makes it difficult to get them completed.
Thank you for your understanding!) Alas, projects do not always bring the desired result. Therefore, we have to close them ...

MAIK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MAIK » 28 Dec 2021, 11:57

Might & Magic: Myth has been official released! First message from this topic edited. Now You can download full version of the project!

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 28 Dec 2021, 22:24

Nice job!

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”