Heroes 5 Mod: New Order

Mods and development for mods.

Moderator: Moderators

volcanicmelodies
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes 5 Mod: New Order

Postby volcanicmelodies » Nov 21 2017, 21:15

Nice looking, detailed, categorized full changelog https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=95956DCDD4AEAE0A!656&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!AI33vLx-asd5q7U

Heroes of Might and Magic 5: New Order

Before the start

I am the developer of many Warcraft III maps and mods (JFA, JFA Orpg, Risk FOrever, Battleships Special Editions, Confliction, Meiji Era) and i really enjoy making rearranGement of games and creating new ones.

Why i created this mod?

I am the simple person who likes and enjoys this game since the 3. After the 3'rd game, 4 was a little disappointing for me. But thanks to the equilibris mod and map editor (manually placed items, monsters and level limit to 15 solved all my problems) and 5 was a great game for me. Actually i wasn't complained about the game for a long time. But after i have faced to great players i have realized there is a few things we need to focus (units, abilities, spells etc etc) and there was many useless things (WHEN WE COMPARED WITH OTHERS) and i was against them.

Main object of this mod

First of all let me tell you honestly. I am humble person and i cannot rate any of my projects. I can say honestly 5.5 is the best heroes 5 mod i have ever seen and i cannot compare my mod with another mods. But if i will release this mod (i am making 1.1 version while i was preparing this long message) that means i have a responsibility because of feedbacks. Don't worry i am the guy who interests with feedbacks because my players was my everything during my Warcraft III modding days.

I had a many choices. Buff the weak things, nerf the powerful things or (my best but my skills not enough to edit heroes 5 completely) add or remove features. Still i am trying to learn things. I can basically say It is mOre a remake than a new mod.

Anyway. Here is my mod. I will interest with all feedbacks and comments. Have a nice day.

Changelog is huge. I suggest you to visit here for details and categories. https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=95956DCDD4AEAE0A!656&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!AI33vLx-asd5q7U Besides, i cannot paste changelog here. It exceeds 5000 characters.

Why you don't have a players still?

No idea actually. I cannot find Heroes 5 players nowadays but i was realized, there are many people playing this game in your country. This is why i have decided to share my mod with yours. Latest version is 1.5 for now. I will check this topic "everyday" and i will read, and reply your comments if i need. I hope this time i can find at least "few" players for the improve this mod. Love from Turkey

Next version plans?

Still i am making fixes for 1.8 (based on buildings costs)
and for the 1.9 i am planning to add,remove,change abilities of creatures. Because i want to create new strategies based on units.

Download

http://www.moddb.com/mods/heroes-of-might-and-magic-5-new-order/downloads/heroes-5-new-order

You can comment, discuss "anything" about my modification. And don't forget, i have created it alone. This is why i cannot say it is fully balanced mod. I need players first :) you can make comments in your language, i can use google translate.

New T6 and T7 buildings costs and powerful Upgraded T7 creatures

Players now must decide about their strategy. You cannot build T6 and T7 too quickly. Both of the buildings don't requires gold and you can access T6 units quickly. But default T7 creatures more cheaper than normal game. And their upgraded variations more powerful than normal game (and expensive too)

Heroes now starts with one of their own unique abilities

You want to start with hero you like but you remember it is not useful for the first 2 weeks. New Order mod provides all heroes one of their own unique abilities at the start.

Rebalanced Starting abilities (stats, skills, spells, warmachines)

Check the changelog for the details. This mod focuses on starting abilities of Heroes. Now no more weak or powerful starting heroes and it comes with new starting strategies

Extended item descriptions and remakes

Now you can see and learn slots, values and qualities of the items. And there are many changes on these stats

Creature rebalances

New Order mod changes many attributes of creatures (check changelog for details) and making some of them more powerful of weak for the balance

No threat level if the enemy difficulty is challenging or greater

Now you can see the threat level only if it is low or moderate.

Spell Changes

New Order mod focuses some of the spells and rebalances them.

New Magic Guild Costs

New Order mod removes gold requirement for magic guilds (for the players who wants to focus on magic on early games) and removes primary resource for races. Because New Order mod T6 and T7 buildings costs requires lot of racial resource. If your market provides you 1 sulphur everyday, you can conserve it for the T6 and T7 buildings and still you can build your magic guild

Future Plans

1-) Create community! i don't have players yet. I am waiting for people who wants to try and share opinions about the mod. Without players, i cannot improve it.

2-) I was used 2 rare resource system in previous versions. If you are Inferno, your primary resource sulfur and secondary is mercury. T6 building was needed for 20 mercury and T7 was 30 sulfur. And their upgrades we're opposite
T6: 20 mercury
T6 up: 20 sulfur
T7: 30 sulfur
T7 up: 30 mercury

But i haven't balanced them. Maybe i will try to re-balance buildings like this but i need to think carefully

3-) New abilities on creatures: I mean i want to put new abilities on creatures or remove existing ones.
Last edited by volcanicmelodies on Nov 21 2017, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

volcanicmelodies
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Heroes 5 Mod: New Order

Postby volcanicmelodies » Dec 11 2017, 18:51

Version 1.8 released with many changes. Check the first post.

volcanicmelodies
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Heroes 5 Mod: New Order

Postby volcanicmelodies » Dec 17 2017, 15:00

1.9 version is released. Visit here for the 1.9 changes or the full changes

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AgqurtTNbZWVhRCN97y8fmrHeau1

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”