[Heroes 3] How to make new town/monsters/heroes/dwellings

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
wander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

[Heroes 3] How to make new town/monsters/heroes/dwellings

Unread postby wander » 06 Oct 2010, 19:00

Hello

I would like make some new city/creature/dwellings, but i dont know exactly how to.

So my questions:

1. what of those programs what i should use
2. how to use them
3. order of makin the new gifs (if am right the creatures in game are gifs)
4. how to make the exe to use my new stuffs?

the other thing if there is any modding team who need a people like me i gladly make models/gifs/textures to you if you need!

but my main prupose is to make a small mod team who wanna make new "races" to game. These were be absolutly balanced.

thanks for any help!

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 06 Oct 2010, 20:03

Well, there are several ways of doing that. One way would be to use WOG for this - it allows you to change existing towns, existing creatures etc. Another way would be to wait for VCMI to mature. It actually allows you to add things and mod it to your heart's content with an actually readable programming language.

But, all in all, that's a whole lot of work, so you should consider whether or not you actually have time and motivation to do anything like that. Ambitious projects in the M&M scene are usually not finished and just die off...

wander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wander » 06 Oct 2010, 20:30

GreatEmerald wrote:Well, there are several ways of doing that. One way would be to use WOG for this - it allows you to change existing towns, existing creatures etc. Another way would be to wait for VCMI to mature. It actually allows you to add things and mod it to your heart's content with an actually readable programming language.

But, all in all, that's a whole lot of work, so you should consider whether or not you actually have time and motivation to do anything like that. Ambitious projects in the M&M scene are usually not finished and just die off...
Hmmm
I rly have the time, and the ambiton to make it cuz i badly love the game!
If y want to make one too then we could do it together, but i cant see through this heroes database so how the things exactly works.
Any tutorial link maybe?
And thanks for the clear enlightenment about the subject.

Oh btw i found a site where ppl made tons of creatures i dont know exactly how but somehow they exported some games model then they could make a 90 picture gif in 2 mins by photoshopp, ill look after and share the link.

wander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wander » 06 Oct 2010, 20:39

i Found this one

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... genumber=1

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=24675

here is how to make new creatures, its only depends on time what is the quality imo

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 07 Oct 2010, 19:03

If you have talent and will then virtually everything depends solely on the time. :D

For H3C you can replace any object in the game, change its graphical representation, mask and properties.

You can't add new objects and new properties or abilites or combinations of above. (Which is a bit pitty.)

With WoG this is somewhat possible, with recent version of WoG it should be very easy in some ways however cannot say that for sure as I don't speak russian and not participate in theirs community.

GIMP and (Optionally) Synfig and many other utilites which are certainly mentioned in the above listed threads will be your friends. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

wander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wander » 07 Oct 2010, 20:02

Pol wrote:If you have talent and will then virtually everything depends solely on the time. :D

For H3C you can replace any object in the game, change its graphical representation, mask and properties.

You can't add new objects and new properties or abilites or combinations of above. (Which is a bit pitty.)

With WoG this is somewhat possible, with recent version of WoG it should be very easy in some ways however cannot say that for sure as I don't speak russian and not participate in theirs community.

GIMP and (Optionally) Synfig and many other utilites which are certainly mentioned in the above listed threads will be your friends. ;)
about russina sites, is can be hardly handled by googlechorme its translate them :S soo y know...
but if i cant add new towns/creatures then... hmm that what i realy want to do :S :(

wander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wander » 07 Oct 2010, 20:03

but thanks anyways :D

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 08 Oct 2010, 11:57

Like I've said, if you want to add things, not replace, you'll have to wait for VCMI.

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 08 Oct 2010, 18:28

Waiting may not be enough as our time is limited. If you can create graphics or help in any other way, please help the project.
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Oct 2010, 20:26

Which means to go and look here ;)
> http://forum.vcmi.eu/index.php

Yes, VCMI is the future. The WoG is "under" it. You can create a new units here. I'm almost sure about it.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

wander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wander » 09 Oct 2010, 08:15

Warmonger wrote:Waiting may not be enough as our time is limited. If you can create graphics or help in any other way, please help the project.
I checked your project, was awesome realy, ill look after how could i help on forums.

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”