Official VCMI project thread

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 02 Aug 2010, 20:22

Oops, I totally forgot to report bugs :D Well, reported some now. Good work so far!

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 02 Nov 2010, 12:33

VCMI 0.83 is released. All major gameplay features but campaigns are now handled.
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 13 Nov 2010, 21:04

Judging from the outstanding work you guys have done so far, I don't think I'm crazy for asking this question:

Has bad luck been implemented yet? If not, can it be used? I'm talking about when there's a chance for a stack to inflict only half-damage in combat due to bad luck.

It would make Misfortune much more useful and people would fear the Pyramid.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 13 Nov 2010, 21:59

It can easily be introduced as new feature with a simple WoG script, on a random value triggered by negative luck. The original misfortune animation can be used with BM#:V48 and its sound could be triggered, but not sure they can be synchronized.

The hardest part remains to display a negative luck still. The lowest value is 0 so far.

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 14 Nov 2010, 05:11

Salamandre wrote:It can easily be introduced as new feature with a simple WoG script, on a random value triggered by negative luck. The original misfortune animation can be used with BM#:V48 and its sound could be triggered, but not sure they can be synchronized.

The hardest part remains to display a negative luck still. The lowest value is 0 so far.
Sweet :D . I was waiting to hear that.

I've downloaded the latest version and found that there is no sound, but I doubt that's anything new. I'd love to see it in the game.

There are also some glitches with the timing of the little colored boxes next to each stack. The numbers tend to go down immediately when I click the attack button, instead of when the stack actually gets hit.

EDIT: I just remembered. This is a feature request for after the major problems and updates get sorted out. It would be quite entertaining to have the option of watching other players fight battles, both AI and human. This could be a WoG option.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 01 Mar 2011, 22:26

VCMI 0.84 released!

No spectacular new features for the testers, but coders will appreciate the internal improvements. Important parts of engine were rewritten, opening way for supporting features such as stack experience (work still in progress).

Among the changes you'll find:
- support for several new artifacts and skills
- support for the remaining secondary skills (all implemented now)
- small improvements to battle AI (still very basic though)
- 55 bug fixes
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 21 Jul 2011, 10:19

I hope the master post's download link to the latest build will be updated in time for the release of version 0.90 on the First of September 2011.
It points currently to version 0.82 as being the "latest".

With solidarity,

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 21 Jul 2011, 15:18

I just think this forum is dying. But...

New development build 0.85b is out!
No big changes, just a lot of gameplay features which make the mechanics more complete. Just look.

The game is avaliable here:
http://forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?p=5875#5875]Clicky
Download it and try. The better you test it, the sooner it will be ready :)

From now on you can really expect some AI and even more interesting features to show up in next releases.
People just don't care.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 21 Jul 2011, 16:36

Woo, AI. Can't wait for it.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 01 Sep 2011, 20:13

VCMI 0.86 released!

No Adventure AI enabled yet as it's still causing quite some crashes, so this will have to wait for the next release. Battle AI however has some improvements (but still in the works and far from final, so don't expect too much).

Among the changes you'll find:
- support for music
- many new creature abilities supported
- all H3 artifacts (including SoD combos) are now supported
- some engine improvements (battles should run smoother)
- about 50 bug fixes
And also supported since 0.85 release (as I wasn't around to announce it here):
- WoG stack experience
- all town structures
- full HD resolution (1920x1080) for Adventure Map
- neutral guards split in stacks (and one may be upgraded)
- 55 bug fixes

Gamers & coders who enjoy bug hunting & fixing are particularly welcome to help in the coming months. We'd like to clean as many bugs as possible during this release, so that we can focus on AI for the next one.

@Yurian: as you can see, there was no 0.9 today unfortunately. AI turned out to be more challenging then estimated so it needs a bit more work, and both coders & testers had a pretty busy summer and couldn't book more progress than what you see above (myself for example just moved to a new house, which still needs major works, so for now I don't even have internet, let alone time for computer & games, so I did almost nothing for VCMI in 3 months, and will have time to do very little before December, when I estimate I'll finally be "back in business" with this project). ;) But thanks for the heads-up on the master post. I'll chase Warmonger for an update.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Sep 2011, 20:29

:tsup: There lies a future! :P
Last edited by Pol on 03 Sep 2011, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 03 Sep 2011, 14:22

Main post updated.
People just don't care.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Version 0.87

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 01 Dec 2011, 21:57

Hello Zamolxis. I see that VCMI 0.87 was released earlier today. Congrats on the Team for the new version released. It is, as you said on your web site, a real milestone on a road to the release version. As a lurker on this thread, and on your web site as well, I wish you all the best with the project. I do await eagerly the version 0.90 which for me will be the one when I will join you and start play testing the VCMI stuff along with the international volunteers of the VCMI Team. Thank you for keeping the spirit of Heroes alive. :)

"...and will have time to do very little before December, when I estimate I'll finally be "back in business" with this project"

Well then, it is December now, so... ;)

-Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 02 Dec 2011, 06:33

Thnaks for support, Yurian :)

VCMI 0.87 released!

And a bonus:

A preview of new main menu (not included in the package). It works in 32-bit colour and will work in different resolutions as well as with customisable backgrounds.

You can try the new package here.
People just don't care.

greggydion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby greggydion » 30 Jan 2012, 23:08

And to avoid having the project delayed, that gives them little time to work on implementing all the creative suggestions they receive.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 01 Mar 2012, 23:06

VCMI 0.88 released!

The most significant addition is the first working adventure AI. Don't expect anything close to a worthy competitor. For now it just does basic map exploration, collecting items & visiting locations, that's it. Basically just taking its 'first steps', but you can expect small, gradual improvements with each of the next releases. Enjoy! :)

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 01 Jun 2012, 18:53

Version 0.89 is out! Get it here
People just don't care.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 03 Jun 2012, 21:10

Oh man, adventure AI! Awesome! And Linux support, too! I'll have to try this again sometime.

Mattard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mattard » 06 Jun 2012, 15:03

How playable is the AI now? Will it actually give me a game or just blunder about?

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 06 Jun 2012, 19:38

Both battle & adventure AI are rather simple and will pose no challenge to human player. The point is that they work and do what they were supposed to do correctly.
People just don't care.

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”