Prince of Persia on the next gen consoles (and PC)

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 May 2009, 19:54

I thought that the reference to Gayrior Within would make it obvious i was talking about SoT...

Did start playing the new one... I like the graphics and the game seems ok... i'm still getting used to the new control scheme, but as of now it seems less intuitive. The lack of death while fighting is annoying though... they should have just kept it for falling...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 May 2009, 20:10

Well, you're not always easy to decipher...;)

I think fighting is quite annoying in the newest installment. Fighting the bosses takes waaaay too long imo, especially since it's a one-way-street kinda procedure each time and with each of the major enemies. It's pretty boring...
But unlike almost everyone else I like the fact that you can't die. It seems to me that it makes gameplay more fluent. I hate having to load each time I misstep or something. But have you quit playing the new one? :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 May 2009, 17:08

Like i said, it's only the no-death-in-fights that bothers me... dieing from falls would have just resulted in boring reloading. And either i haven't gotten far enough or you just suck at fighting... :tongue: the normal fights can end pretty quick as there's some sort of crit system, and the boss fights go ok if you do it right... (haven't gotten to any of their lairs yet though, and the game does have the annoying "push button X" console-crap thing).

And i haven't quit, but right now i can't play for a few days because my room is undergoing reconfiguration... and of course the weather had to go cold just today...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 30 May 2009, 18:22

Combat was reeeealy frustrating for me in the beginning. It gradually became easier as I worked out the quirks, but I still never looked forward to it. But what was horrible were the fights against the Warrior boss (his domain is the one on the right of the map), where you have to perform different "tricks" to defeat him. :tired:

Reading these posts makes my fingers itch for the game again. I knew I'd play it again, but it might just be sooner than expected.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 31 May 2009, 21:56

Me too. But I sold mine so I could pay for food :(

I hated the Warrior-fight as well! Really annoyed me. Also, the Concubine was a really looooong fight ...ugh! I never looked forward to the fights either cause they bored me. But I knew all the tricks pretty quickly so except for the warrior it all went pretty fast...
What I most miss is how smoothly you could get from A to B. And it was all due to it being somewhat too easy to get every jump right. But I like that it really felt like doing some proper coherent acrobatic jump and swings.
Oh, and I miss the aestatics of the game. Twas so beautiful imo. But there's a sequel on the way :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 01 Jun 2009, 08:20

Definitely one of the most beautiful games ever. If not the most gorgeous I have ever played. :hail:

My favourite areas were all the areas having to do with the concubine and the alchemist; a.k.a. the palace rooms and the wide open spaces with balloons and platforms and stuff floating around, those were just pure magic!

The sequel(s?), along with King's Bounty: Armored Princess and Starcraft 2, is definitely the most anticipated game for me.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2009, 08:45

Yeah, console games have really annoying push X sequences... less of that and more of actual combat would be nice...

But not SoT combat... that got just as boring...

And what's this talk of a sequel?! I couldn't find anything about it on the net...

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 02 Jun 2009, 23:02

Well, at the end of the game, it says "to be continued...". That's why you didn't know, TT :tongue:

@Metathron: I agree! Wholeheartedly. Such a beautiful game. Sometimes I found it was a bit too much of the same gameplay wise, but my overall impression of the game didn't suffer from this "issue" :)
Hoh, must go buy it again soon. Can wait no longer to replay it! :oex:
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2009, 06:42

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Well, at the end of the game, it says "to be continued...". That's why you didn't know, TT :tongue:

Pls, that's the least convincing argument for a sequel i've seen... especially in a "downturn"...

And confirmed sales haven't been that great... plus they put out some DLC for one of the consoles... they could easily count that as being continued...

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 04 Jun 2009, 20:45

Well, I don't know about the latter but I do know that sales have been quite alright. That's why they made a special trade-in campaign. You got the game for free (almost).
Anywho, I don't care now, for I am going to Toscany :D
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Jun 2009, 05:53

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I do know that sales have been quite alright. That's why they made a special trade-in campaign. You got the game for free (almost).
Yeah... i don't think you understand economics much... giving it away for almost nothing = not a good sign for it's previous sales... might help it after though...

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 05 Jun 2009, 10:23

Well, according to the info that we got at work, they were only able to make such an offer cause sales had been good enough. But it doesn't matter anyway.
- Dragon Age Origins

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 05 Jun 2009, 14:11

According to Wikipedia:
Sales results after its first month were mixed, and considered a disappointment for one of Ubisoft's leading franchises. Prince of Persia was the fourth best-selling game on the PS3 in December 2008, but sold only 483,000 units on the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined.[28] PC sales figures for Prince of Persia have not been disclosed.

However, Ubisoft have now released sales figures which show that Prince of Persia has sold over 2.2 Million copies worldwide.
Seems more than good enough to warrant a sequel.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jun 2009, 05:59

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Well, according to the info that we got at work, they were only able to make such an offer cause sales had been good enough. But it doesn't matter anyway.
Pls... there are games that are years old but are still 50$ because they sell so well.

Of course maybe it sold well enough (Metathron, as that's an internal doc those could be shipped units, which could be rotting on shelves) to make even and then stalled... so they lowered the price to sell more.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jun 2009, 08:23

Ha, i just heard the most interesting thing... apparently PoP was made a lesser game on purpose so as to not rival Assassin's Creed too much... if that's true then Ubi are giant douches...

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 12 Jun 2009, 08:26

Lesser game? I thought it was obviously superior. :D

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Jun 2009, 16:07

I dont think you can compare PoP and AC, both games have their own style...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2009, 15:43

I haven't actually played AC, so i was referring to being lesser then it could have been...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jun 2009, 06:52

And upon watching clips of AC i can see what PoP could have taken from it... climbing almost anywhere is something i'd love to see in the next PoP...

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 15 Jun 2009, 07:35

PoP is more an obsticle course, which supposed to get harder every time. AC os more like stealthy/sneaky, and assasinate people...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”