Read here.
Grah!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Feb 2006, 14:50

Well there goes the neighbourhood! ;)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 10 Feb 2006, 15:19

Well, I have played both diablo and HOMM since the beginning, so that's not unusual. :) I like CRPGs, pnp RPGs (no time for them now though), and strategy games. HOMM is kind of a blend of fantasy rpg and strategy so maybe that's why I like it so much. I even like FPS games on occasion.

Diablo 2 is kind of a hack and slash game but there are role playing elements and you can play lots of different types of characters. I find Diablo played in single player mode more enjoyable than in Battlenet.

A game that is sort of like diablo but more rpg heavy (lots of quests) is Sacred and the expansion Sacred Underworld.

Having said all that, I am not participating in the beta. :)

GOW

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Feb 2006, 15:32

"Kind of" Hack and Slash!? 8| :|

They're both Sword and Sorcery type of fantasy games and that's prob why some people like them both.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Friend_of_Gunnar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Friend_of_Gunnar » 11 Feb 2006, 06:15

Diablo was the most stupidly addictive game I've played. (or maybe it was the most addictively stupid game I've played)

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 11 Feb 2006, 14:15

ThunderTitan wrote:Well there goes the neighbourhood! ;)
They neighbourhood was bound to get destroyed by some cranky players... That would be banned in no time here :devious:
Grah!

JurK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JurK » 31 Mar 2006, 20:57

im a die-hard diablo 2 player and yes i do want this game

ofc i am to addict 2 leave d2 ^

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 31 Mar 2006, 22:15

This is a good thing. The HoMM fan pool may double with more diablo fans.

But yea Diablo is vintage hack and slash but its really kinda of stupidly fun to play.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 03 Apr 2006, 09:02

I must say I've got the game as well, though lately I don't play it as much anymore.

Anyways, it is compleetly different, though stil nice.
Grah!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Apr 2006, 10:00

Yeah, Diablo was or is a pretty addicting game. I quit playing it not long ago because of a weird "gothic" fantasy setting and I didnt feel as much home in that universe as in HOMM. Good to see the Diablo fans change gamestyle for a while or forever which I hope, because HOMM is such a much better kind of game :D

borco
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby borco » 03 Apr 2006, 10:10

Diablo was once fastest selling game in the world, and that's good thing for HOMM V....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Apr 2006, 12:31

borco wrote:Diablo was once fastest selling game in the world, and that's good thing for HOMM V....
No, that's good for Ubisoft and Nival.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Apr 2006, 13:09

Well, one could argue that increased sales of H5 might precipitate an increased amount of resoucres being put into support and development of Heroes 6...
One thing the producers understand is money. If they see there's lots of it to be made from doing this right, well...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 03 Apr 2006, 13:27

Yeah, and marketing, if they can get just 10% of the (still) diablo fans to buy HoMM V that'd be a great deal for them, so making Diablo fans aware of the new game is a good idea.

By the way, in a dutch science magazine (Kijk - under the games section) that my brother has HoMM V was mentioned as well. It was unfortunate that there was no new info, nore a new screenie, but still, quite nice to see HoMM V in a science magazine.
Grah!

borco
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby borco » 04 Apr 2006, 15:44

Kalah wrote:Well, one could argue that increased sales of H5 might precipitate an increased amount of resoucres being put into support and development of Heroes 6...
One thing the producers understand is money. If they see there's lots of it to be made from doing this right, well...
that is what I tought more money for them more surprizes for us....

trailMix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby trailMix » 06 Apr 2006, 03:41

Echo_ wrote:This is a good thing. The HoMM fan pool may double with more diablo fans.

But yea Diablo is vintage hack and slash but its really kinda of stupidly fun to play.
You'll be surprise how much tactic is required to survive in Hell difficulty level in Diablo2. Infact, I had to run a few different skill path scenarios to yield "optimal" build. This usually involves running damage calculations on spread sheet. Of course, you could always bypass tactics and cheat.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 07 Apr 2006, 11:28

Check out http://diabloii.net/ for some news that may mean the soon announcement of Diablo3.

GOW

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Apr 2006, 13:08

trailMix wrote: You'll be surprise how much tactic is required to survive in Hell difficulty level in Diablo2.
Only after patch 1.10! Which pretty much ruined SP!

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 08 Apr 2006, 05:57

ThunderTitan wrote:
trailMix wrote: You'll be surprise how much tactic is required to survive in Hell difficulty level in Diablo2.
Only after patch 1.10! Which pretty much ruined SP!
How did 1.1 ruin single player? I still play single player diablo. In fact, I find it much more enjoyable than battle net which is loaded with cheaters, scammers and griefers.

If you use the ATMA program you can mule items between your characters in single player without having to go on open battlenet. That allows you to make a magic find character in single player just like most folks do for battlenet. There is also a rune word mod that makes all of the battlenet only runewords available to single players too, assuming you can manage to get the runes for them.

The gripe I have is that Blizzard has not made the new world events (Diablo Clone and the Ubers) available in single player.

GOW

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Apr 2006, 10:51

Yeah, in order to play the game you always should use third party programs. They made Hell pretty much impossible unless you have the best items and certain builds. All the changes were made with MP in mind.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”