Latest game you purchased

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 24 Mar 2009, 17:36

Bought UT3 yesterday for 20€. New Titan mutator is awesome!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Gekneldeland
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gekneldeland » 25 Mar 2009, 07:56

Bought a lot from the bargain bin. I guess King Kong is not bad for it's age. Just very short.

Colin Mcrae Dirt is incredible but worth it if you are into these games or just something different and... if you have the system (it wants a monster - minimum 8800 GT)

(But I'm playing HoMMV Gold a LOT more. I'm still a noob though :D)

Zammy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zammy » 09 Apr 2009, 06:37

I think the last game bought was the Collector's Edition, 9 months ago. That's not really a game, as it contains Heroes 1-5 plus expansions.
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Apr 2009, 08:28

Gekneldeland wrote:
Colin Mcrae Dirt is incredible but worth it if you are into these games or just something different and... if you have the system (it wants a monster - minimum 8800 GT)
Old card is old...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Zammy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zammy » 09 Apr 2009, 08:54

You complain about Colin Mcrae? Try FIFA 09.
Why would they make a game for the masses (as FIFA) most people can't play properly?
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 10 Apr 2009, 01:14

Got Pokemon Platinum a few weeks ago; I think this is the first game I've ever bought the day it came out. 8|

linker163
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby linker163 » 12 Apr 2009, 13:10

i bought resident evil 5 for xbox 360 cost me 69£, well worth the money i suggest to everyone who likes survival horror to byu resident evil 5 :D
Only thing what i want is to hear your scream as you DIE!!!

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 12 Apr 2009, 15:08

Just bought me a Nintendo DS and a Super Mario game. Awesome! :-D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Apr 2009, 15:18

:D

Anybody know if there are any Tekken or Mortal Kombat type games available for PC?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Apr 2009, 06:15

Well i did hear that there's this game called Street Fighter 4 coming to the PC later this year... ever heard of it?! B-)
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 16 Apr 2009, 17:08

:lolu:

Played it.Very cool!
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Apr 2009, 17:46

"Later this year" is no good. I meant current games; I couldn't find any on amazon.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 16 Apr 2009, 19:06

The first MK was released on the PC, but it was not good at all. You'll have a hard time finding a copy nowadays (+$50 on Amazon). You need a console for fighting games.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 16 Apr 2009, 19:40

Yeeees! Convert!!! :D
He's right though K ;)
- Dragon Age Origins

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 16 Apr 2009, 19:47

Angelspit wrote:The first MK was released on the PC, but it was not good at all. You'll have a hard time finding a copy nowadays (+$50 on Amazon). You need a console for fighting games.
You need one of these :D

Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 16 Apr 2009, 19:59

Back in the 80s and early 90s, my owned a shop that fixed arcades, pinballs and pool tables, so during the week-end I could drop by and play for free. No need to tell that I was a popular kid back then.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Apr 2009, 08:26

Angelspit wrote:The first MK was released on the PC, but it was not good at all. You'll have a hard time finding a copy nowadays (+$50 on Amazon). You need a console for fighting games.

Yeah, it's funny how stuff has improve since... nowadays you can just make do with a controller... CONSOLES ARE GHEY!

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 19 Apr 2009, 23:30

Angelspit wrote:You need a console for fighting games.
Consoles are teh suxxor. No really I hate them with a passion.

The ONLY reason you "need" a damn console for 'fighting games' is because the damn games are not made for PC. That's the ONLY reason.

Compared to crappy consoles (I can't believe we still have that obsolete 'design' in this era!), computers are an open platform. Need a special controller? Find one in a store and plug it in a USB port or whatever it uses. This is proof because it's the ULTIMATE digital device, it can do absolutely any information processing given enough time, from games, to programming your own, to music, to movies, to databases, to internet servers, etc... all of this because computers are made with modular and open-ended ideas, not the crappy console style.

Also, the worst excuse ever is "I don't have a PC powerful enough to run this game". My counter reply is: "sure you don't have, you wasted your money on consoles!"
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 20 Apr 2009, 13:55

You are missing some subtler differences. Fighting games are easy to jump into-games where each "game" lasts a few minutes at most. This lends itself well to consoles, where you just hit the on-switch. Further, they are well suited to two players and overall cooler on a big screen, so a TV is more suitable. Sure you can arrange all this with a PC, but it's more hassle.

Overall I'd say consoles are best for fighting, racing/sports games and platform type games.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Apr 2009, 15:04

You're probably right about that, but there's also the fact that you'd have to buy two things - a PC and a console. Now, a console can only be used for entertainment, whereas a PC can be used for many things, including work, which makes the PC the first buy. If, like me, you're not stuffed full of cash, the console takes a back seat... and since it's not that hard coupling my PC to the big TV and stereo, and we can use joysticks etc. with the PC as well, the possibilities are more or less the same.

The practicality issue still remains, of course, as I have demonstrated in my current setting, with the PC mounted on a chair (if you can call it that) and hooked up to the big TV and stereo via cables. To be sure, it works, but it's not very practical on a daily basis. It sure doesn't look very good. A console simply fits more naturally into the home movie theatre than a PC.

Now, back on topic, or were we ever off...?

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”