Latest game you purchased

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 May 2008, 22:06

I keep on buying, i got myself Counter Strike Source today. People who also own that game and wish to tag along with me, add me on steam (name is DarknessFood of course). Got the game for 30 euros...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

SoRHunter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoRHunter » 08 May 2008, 11:01

The last game I bought was Overlord for the PC for 20 EUR. Although its origins are in XBOX, it's fun game to be played on the PC. We are the lord of evil, whose job is to control minions (to do our bidding) in order to achieve total control over the land - hence, becoming the Overlord.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 08 May 2008, 21:49

Got Team Fortress 2 for 20$ off steam. Such a steal.. the game has got 9 classes, it's not perfectly balanced but every one of them is viable and suitable for different playstyles.
Infiltrator out.

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 08 May 2008, 22:26

That would be Tribes of the East, actually.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jun 2008, 09:06

Disciples II Gold... tLD also got it... www.level.ro FTW.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Aug 2008, 13:47

Guild Wars: Factions, for under 10 Euros + another full game (Armies of Exigo) and a magazine... http://www.chip.ro/shop/revista/level
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 01 Aug 2008, 14:05

I got Factions as well, it's the only GW game i got : :rolleyes: .

Last game i bought was Hitman: Blood Money. Now i got he whole series complete :)!

SoRHunter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoRHunter » 01 Aug 2008, 20:09

I was convinced by some co-workers to get StarCraft (PC) and its expansion Brood War from Amazon for 15,50 EUR. Now, it's time for some Battle.net frenzy! :D

On a different game type, I purchased Jade Empire: Special Edition (PC) for a few cents less than 10 EUR. It looks beautiful! :)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 01 Aug 2008, 20:11

SoRHunter wrote:I was convinced by some co-workers to get StarCraft (PC) and its expansion Brood War from Amazon for 15,50 EUR. Now, it's time for some Battle.net frenzy! :D
You won't be disappointed ;)

Oh and I haven't purchased a game in a loooong time, I don't even remember which was the last one ;|
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 02 Aug 2008, 10:55

SoRHunter wrote:I was convinced by some co-workers to get StarCraft (PC) and its expansion Brood War from Amazon for 15,50 EUR. Now, it's time for some Battle.net frenzy! :D
Just brace yourself for some butt-ra*e, because unless you're familiar with the online component from before, you will get violated :D
Infiltrator out.

Zubbus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Zubbus » 03 Aug 2008, 13:00

Civilization 4 Complete for £14

The quality and depth and scope are very good. The AI at mid levels are rather strong. I'm not used to getting whooped at a difficulty that is graded 4 out of 9.

It's been pointed out that there's not a huge amount of story or drama in it, but it's a solid 4X game where everything has been improved.

Worth every penny.
The icy yet intense predator hails from Antarctica. His focused eyes betray nothing but lethal instincts. In those eyes every adversary is but a mere fish.

Hambone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hambone » 05 Aug 2008, 00:50

I've been on a bit of a buying blitz over the last two months -- there's just a lot of good stuff out there to find! Currently I have to admit I'm in love with my iPhone. The physics-based games are a blast and it's nice to have "the one device to rule them all" in your pocket instead of a cell phone, DS, PSP, and camera all vying for my attention.
  • iPhone
  • Dizzy Bee -- *excellent*
  • Super Monkey Ball -- wish I hadn't it isn't very good really
  • 2 Across -- crossword puzzle framework)
  • Aurora Feint -- technically this is free but I'd pay for it!
  • DS
  • Disagea 3 -- buying this the day it get released!
  • Etrian Odyssey
  • Shiren the Wanderer -- I love this Rogue-like to bits
  • PC/OSX
  • DiabloII -- Damn it D3 got me interested but I couldn't find my old codes
  • Sins of a Solar Empire -- My current strategy game of choice
  • The Orange Box -- TF2, Portal, HL:2 are all brilliant
  • Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slicked Precipice of Darkness -- fantastic and fun adventure game

"The adding features part depends on the end of the patch plan." -- Fabrice Cambounet

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 15 Aug 2008, 16:55

Jade Empire: Special Edition. Got it for 10€, and it's a really nice game.I like the battle system they made. And the world looks really nice, and so does the character movements...

andy1694
Peasant
Peasant

:)

Unread postby andy1694 » 25 Aug 2008, 14:14

I have bought some games in the last months not much
1. Fifa 08: Like that game. It is fun playing football. I am playing with Chelsea
2. Ratchet and clank: TOols of destructions. Good game. Have not finished it yet.
3. Half life Orange box:) I Simply love those games. Half life games are good:) Right now i am stuck with the striders on Half life 2.

danijel1990
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby danijel1990 » 26 Aug 2008, 05:59

Well I bought Guild Wars 20 days ago...and it was so worth it! I checked the game playing time, and across all characters (mine and bro's), we played 180 hours over the last 20 days! :D
The game costs 1800 din (25 euros, 40$)...
If u like MMO's, you'll definitely not gonna miss this title, cause it's SO much better then wow and other MMORPG's.
Anyway, Guild Wars have my recommendation B-)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 20 Sep 2008, 16:47

So, went on buying 2 games today.
First one was Tomb Raider Legend. It cost me 2 euro's. Not a big Tomb Raider fan, only liked the first 2 games, but this is another developer (Crystal Dynamics, from Soul Reaver).
Other game is Battle for Middle Earth 2, that one cost me 10 euro's. Well, i think everybody is familiar with that game, so no introduction there. I like this one better then the first one though, because you can build anything, anywhere, that kinda sucked in the first one...

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 22 Sep 2008, 22:18

I bought Multiwinia a few days ago on STEAM and it is totally worth its price (i think 15$ + tax), who likes Darwinia will like Multiwinia too.
I also bought Giants: Citizen Kabuto for 6$ on gog.com and because it was my first buy, I got another game for free, so I chose Original War, both games are really good.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 23 Sep 2008, 17:59

latest?

Jet Pac & Hard Drivin' for my newly arrived boxed Spectrum 48K :)
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 24 Sep 2008, 07:18

And i bought Far Cry yesterday. It looked at me with a €5 smile, so i was kind enough to adopt the little one :D.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 26 Sep 2008, 04:58

Just got Civilization IV: Colonization. Seems to have captured the flavor of the original, but now with all the Civ IV goodness.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”