Dawn of War 2

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Oct 2008, 13:34

Newish (it was around in french) HD video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40921.html

Looks pretty good, i hope they're still working on the UI (needs more crisp looking icons etc.) and movement for units... and that you can get more the 3 marines per squad...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 12 Oct 2008, 12:13

TT seems to be a really rabid warhammer fan, maybe one of those guys who plays the table top game, noh?
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Nov 2008, 14:07

Chai26 wrote:TT seems to be a really rabid warhammer fan, maybe one of those guys who plays the table top game, noh?
Nah, i actually don't have money flowing out of my pores... damn that game is expensive.

Actually DoW was my first WH 40k game... before it i only knew that SC had some inspiration from it... actually i think i was looking for WH because of the SC connection when i saw DoW and decided to try it out...

Anyway, Thule is back...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Nov 2008, 09:21

Fansite kit with unit renders and other stuff:

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blogs/?p=409

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Nov 2008, 21:31

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Dec 2008, 12:52

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 07 Dec 2008, 15:10

nice videos, however i will miss Imperial Guard and Sisters of Battle (maybe until some expansion comes out)
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Dec 2008, 15:50

Leaked MP trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wgTWFW70f4

Eurogamer put it up a bit too early then took it down, but it's supposed to be back later today, hopefully in HD.

THQ TV version: http://www.thq-games.com/uk/thqtv/index/2507

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Dec 2008, 10:39

Squad Leaders: http://www.dawnofwar2.com/us/info/squadleaders

Some more info:

http://www.gamereplays.org/portals.php? ... _id=433018

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/in ... pic=433090
* Wargear and Ammo pickups appear to be handled abstractly. The units don't go over to it go 'Aha! The Maltese Burger'. You click it and it adds to your inventory; it's you receiving it, not the Marines.
* Friendly frag grenades have no timer in single-player. Demo pack does.
* The game ran very smoothly, more than the promotional videos - even the gameplay ones - would indicate.
* "Ragdoll" is in. It makes for amusing effect with the Orks, as they seem to land 'Jackie Chan on a glass table'-style when they get knocked back, with their legs boinging behind their ears.
* Retreat is similar to Company of Heroes, however, units start slow and gain speed over time. This is so that melee attackers are able to chase and get hits in even after the order.
* Melee can hit while on the move
* Sync-kills happen less often, but as a counter to that, the ones that are there are brilliant and the standard death animations look far more dynamic, thanks to Ragdoll.
* Gibbing is most definitely in.
* Unlike Company of Heroes, tanks do not leave wrecks that can be used for cover. This was apparently due to time constraints and they are keen on patching it in later.
* The boss fights are interesting but I imagine they will be an acquired taste. They are the most RPG aspect of the single-player I saw and were quite protracted and didn't make much 'fluffy' sense. However! I personally found them very entertaining and each boss had a distinct style, character and challenge.
* The single-player campaign has lots of fluffy goodness throughout. The banter between the sergeants is a great touch. The Wargear makes numerous nods to prior Blood Raven engagements, e.g. having a chainsword named 'Tartarus', and a suit of armour described as having 'all the battles of the Blood Raven's inscribed upon it'. Also, I'm not certain on this but the voice introducing the single-player campaign sounded a lot like Gabriel Angelos.
* The default multiplayer camera pulls quite far back, notably further than the one in Dawn of War.
* The sync kills have been improved considerably, and provoked many a grin throughout the course of the day. For instance, when equipped with a shining spear, the Warlock delivers the crippling blow, hurls the spear into the opponent's chest (Achilles style) and then retrieves it with his leet force powers.
* The Eldar are no longer portrayed as 'prancing space elves' to use Johnny Ebbert's words. They are now more like 'Sinister Shadow Space Ninjas'
* Bolters fire more slowly now. Less 'ratta tat tat' more 'doof doof doof'. If it sounds like an SMG it's because about 10 are firing at once.
* The Army Painter! I saw lots of people asking about this. I only gave it a quick look but I saw that you can have the regular look, vertical half half-half schemes, horizontal half-half scheme and quarter schemes. In short, a lot more variety and a more intuitive interface. (EDIT: Turns out this is just for the Space Marines, the other races get a similar format to the old painter, alas!)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2009, 19:03

If anyone here owns Soulstorm, you can use the cd-key to d/l the DoW2 beta off Steam...

If you don't you'll have to wait until the 28th for the beta...

The game will be out around the 23rd of February...

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 25 Jan 2009, 21:32

btw Soulstorm is just $7.50 now (on steam)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jan 2009, 20:47

And it's the 29th already... and i'm done with school...

so, anyone know how Steam works?! What do i need for an account?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 30 Jan 2009, 14:48

You need nothing for an account. It's the games where you pay money for. Go here, install it, and make an account. You are good to go :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 31 Jan 2009, 08:52

Go to www.steampowered.com, click "get steam now", download the client and create an account. Then either buy what you want through your account with credit card or buy retail version, install it and insert its CD-key into your account. Simple as that.
Edit: the latter option works only with all Valve games and some other (AFAIK Dawn of War series, Dark Messiah and some more)
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Feb 2009, 15:13

Done and done... (the beta is a free d/l).

you also have to make a GfWL account...

Played 3 games vs others... first froze the PC, 2nd we won and 3rd the other guys where lagging and 1 dropped out then i got the victory screen (but we where winning anyway, though that might be because of the lag)... but so far i got no rank points...

How do i play a ranked game?!

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 01 Feb 2009, 16:51

ThunderTitan wrote: so, anyone know how Steam works?! What do i need for an account?
I see what u did there (with l4d)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Feb 2009, 10:08

u only noticed now...

And of course 1st ranked game that didn't crash... i lost.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Feb 2009, 12:00

So, anyone else in the beta?! My id is MPS4Li3n.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 06 Feb 2009, 22:09

Played 3 games with AI, 2 of them lost. Interface is awfull, thouse tyranid icons are all the same..

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Feb 2009, 13:00

Meh, the interface is different... but once you get used to it it's not so bad. Plus, what are you doing looking at the icons when you should just bind units to the number keys like in all the rest of RTS games (also, they get auto binded att he start).

And the game has been patched... now you get Req faster...

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”