Seems a lot like Avernum and Geneforge.

I am not interested.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 30 Nov 2007, 00:54

Started few days ago. Playing as Thief. Its nice, but nothing astonishing. I actually even not sure if Im going to finish it.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 30 Nov 2007, 01:22

What kind of game is it?

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 30 Nov 2007, 10:57

MistWeaver wrote:Started few days ago. Playing as Thief. Its nice, but nothing astonishing. I actually even not sure if Im going to finish it.
Played a thief also for a few days, ignoring close combat skills seemed a very bad idea. Whats your experience?

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 30 Nov 2007, 14:19

Meandor wrote:
MistWeaver wrote:Started few days ago. Playing as Thief. Its nice, but nothing astonishing. I actually even not sure if Im going to finish it.
Played a thief also for a few days, ignoring close combat skills seemed a very bad idea. Whats your experience?
Well, Im not ignoring combat skills, thats why I feel fine so far. However Im focusing only on one type of weapons, and put all skill points I decide to use for combat it in (I chose "Swords").
Also Im improving only heavy armor (yes with thief :) ) because I decided not to use "move silently" at all. As for other skills - I improve Hide, Pick lock and Dodge.
Hide - is pretty usefull, once you're hidden, enemies cant see you, if you're very good at hidding - they wont see you even after you will hit them. That helps a lot (though It much harder to hit in the dark)

@darknessfood - see here http://basiliskgames.com/book1.htm

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 30 Nov 2007, 17:03

I tried focusing on bows but i had problems with arrows. Shop had around 150 arrows and they ran out in the middle of the first dungeon- i was seriously screwed so going for bows at the beginning seems a bad idea, unless i missed something important.

Also i have some doubts about pick lock, for example i had a succes rate of 5% to unlock the doors of the first dungeon with level 2 pick lock skill(IIRC). It looked a bit strange.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 30 Nov 2007, 19:46

Meandor wrote: Also i have some doubts about pick lock, for example i had a succes rate of 5% to unlock the doors of the first dungeon with level 2 pick lock skill(IIRC). It looked a bit strange.
The locks are different. Sometimes you can find one that has about 30% with one skill point. I dont try opening if % is less that 20. And of course I save game before any attempt

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 04 Dec 2007, 16:00

Started up a elemental magic user. Probably the first game where i enjoy playing as a mage. Yet encountered a "bug" in Vela, goblin killed a npc and now i can`t complete quest :disagree:

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”