Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Mar 2012, 16:24

Both?

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 23 Mar 2012, 17:16

Perhaps. A scam where you have to pay 10 smackaroos to download the "real" ending would be both scam and fail.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 24 Mar 2012, 08:22

Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 24 Mar 2012, 09:21

Sorry, but it's interpretation is bull...
On the other hand I wouldn't surprised if Bioware would use this for their DLCs - they run of ideas long ago and now fans gives them one.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 24 Mar 2012, 10:38

And even if it's true, it's still a bullshit ending.
- Duke

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 24 Mar 2012, 12:07

Avonu wrote:Sorry, but it's interpretation is bull...
Upon what basis? I don't believe in coincidences, there's been subtle hints all over the game and especially the ending feels very dreamlike. Trees that weren't there before, not to mention the pile of bodies with Ashley's and Kaidans armors, that Citadel reminds of Collector's and Shadow Broker's ships, all the hints towards indoctrination.

Indoctrination has been playing big part in previous Mass Effect games, it would not surprise me in the least it would play a very big part in the ending of Mass Effect trilogy.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QT4 ... li=1&pli=1
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 26 Mar 2012, 07:06

EA/Bio brings us the future. You want to see a proper end with explanation after 100+ hours of gameplay? Pay for it as future DLC! This is pathetic :disagree:
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Mar 2012, 16:53

Humakt wrote:Upon what basis? I don't believe in coincidences, there's been subtle hints all over the game and especially the ending feels very dreamlike. Trees that weren't there before, not to mention the pile of bodies with Ashley's and Kaidans armors, that Citadel reminds of Collector's and Shadow Broker's ships, all the hints towards indoctrination.
I should write long post about measuring models with matches and next count out ship size (and forgeting about that film makers used different scale models - similary situation like with these trees in ME 3), describing how indocrination was portrayed in ME1, quoting interviews with developers, speaking about leaked script and many other things but really, I am not in mood to write post full of rant and for another pointless debate. It is the last thing needed here.
So sorry, but I won't answer your post.

Maybe in few next months some former Bioware employee will answer what was real situation behind ME3 ending. Until that, Bioware can claim anything and gamers will never know the true.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Apr 2012, 13:11

Humakt wrote:
Avonu wrote: there's been subtle hints all over the game
And there you go, proof that it's not something BiowEAr, the makers of Dragon Age 2, did...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 Apr 2012, 06:41

Uhm. I chose the green ending, and it's really a good ending. I have no clue what all of you are talking about. Sure, you have to sacrifice something, but there is a good reason why Mass Effect is a trilogy. It has to end somehow. If nothing changes, then it's hardly an end.

*SPOILERS*
And at least for me, the need to sacrifice some of the technology is not a big deal. Remember, Reapers had 30 lightyears per day FTL drive. Humans reached 17 (unless that was a typo and was supposed to be 1.7, but still, that's a lot). So it's just a matter of time before space exploration starts anew, especially given that everyone survived, along with their knkowledge, and the additional knowledge from the synthetics (geth/Reapers). Plus, you don't even need no artificial relays to teleport - just look at what Vanguards can do. So while the endings might be seen as bad for the unimaginative, it works out great if you do manage to give some thought into what happens next.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 15 Apr 2012, 08:57

I think you sort of missed at least part of the point, that being that no matter what you chose and do over the course of 3 games you get the same ending.

Anyway, they have announced a DLC to "provide additional context and deeper insight" to the ending, free of charge. Doesn't repair the lack of consequence of choices made though.
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Apr 2012, 09:04

I chose the green ending
I haven't played ME3 beyond the demo, and that statement alone lets me know what's wrong with the ending...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Apr 2012, 11:41

Ethric wrote:I think you sort of missed at least part of the point, that being that no matter what you chose and do over the course of 3 games you get the same ending.
Yea, now that I read a few more comments about that, it indeed seems that some people are not big on their actions not having consequences... But then the ending has nothing to do with that. All other choices had no consequences, either, except for not meeting some people and some war assets not being there. The most glaring being the ending choice in ME2 - there, if you go the renegade path, every single member of the crew disagrees with you, and if you go the paragon way, everyone agrees. In ME3, you even get more war assets if you had gone the renegade way, with no other consequences whatsoever...

So to me it seems that people who don't like the ending are a split base in and of themselves. Some don't like how there is no golden ending, and some don't like that there are no consequences. Which, again, doesn't have a lot in common with the ending, it just makes it more obvious than usual.

Well, to be fair, you can have the peace between the quarians and the geth count as the "ending" for those who are disappointed in the lack of consequences. Because you have to work really hard to achieve that, and even small mistakes can make it impossible.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Apr 2012, 06:56

Yeah dude, ME2 had a weak ending too... but at least you could get all your crew killed...

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 19 Apr 2012, 16:20

But ME 2's ending was always meant (in my head at least) to be just an intermediary ending, before the last game, the final push, and the glorious ending to end all endings. Or thereabouts. Turns out it wasn't, but I'm damned sure I wasn't the only ones thinking along these lines.
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Apr 2012, 14:23

Whatever you needed to tell yourself to cling to hope for #3 i guess...

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 20 Apr 2012, 14:38

You guess what? More sense, less snark please. Or better quality snark.
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Apr 2012, 14:48

Having to do mental gymnastics to justify and ending, even for the 2nd part of a trilogy = bad.

Clear enough for you?

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 20 Apr 2012, 18:40

Expecting the 3rd to be better because it's the finale of the series isn't mental gymnastics, you plonker.
- Duke

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 22 Apr 2012, 16:33

they need to do a big bisexual orgy ending, as the only true ending of the game series.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”