Wizardry 8

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 30 Dec 2008, 18:46

As I recall, there is one very nice weapon that is available only to Ninja Faeries. And because of combined attributes, you can have a character that is virtually unhittable.

Thinking back, one of the good rotations was Elf Priest/Mage/Bishop and another was Dwarf Lord/Valkyrie. What you need to realize is that when you change, your skills not tied to the new class drop back to racial level.

My favorite character was my Gadgeteer because it's such fun to hook up things to his musket. Also, I can't say how much use I got out of my Bard, just for Sleep spells to help cut down the odds against some of the mobs I encountered. And there was some mighty nice Samuri armor and weapons that only that class can use. So many choices.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

dhalgren17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dhalgren17 » 16 Feb 2009, 06:37

Hey everyone:
Thought I'd let you know that there is a mod for this game that makes it very different. It is called Dodd's mod and it makes the game much more difficult and challenging. It also introduces several new quests and areas. I started playing this mod because of BDJ's mod to Might and Magic VII. I would consider the two mods to be comparable in depth and new game play.
dhalgren17

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 02 Mar 2009, 14:53

Has anyone tried that mod?

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”