IT IS COMING

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jun 2007, 09:20

Necro_monk wrote:IT IS COMING
HELL, IT'S ABOUT TIME! this is getting old btw
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 03 Jun 2007, 10:51

That gameplay video is excellent, especially in high resolution. That Protoss mothership is just amazing, though I was wondering about the time bomb specialty - does it stop all of the "bullets" from reaching the mothership or only a certain percentage, because it seemed to me that its health/shield did go down while those turrets were attacking.

I also wonder what kind of counterparts the Zerg and Terrans will have...should be interesting.

Who thinks the game will be released this year?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jun 2007, 11:55

Looks like the distance the rockets traveled in the field mattered.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 03 Jun 2007, 12:08

Metathron wrote:..especially in high resolution. That Protoss mothership is just amazing..
True. I watched that gameplay demonstration in 1280x720 30 fps (~500 mb) that was amazing :)
Metathron wrote: Who thinks the game will be released this year?
No one. Especially after Blizz. said that it won't

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 03 Jun 2007, 14:13

MistWeaver wrote:No one. Especially after Blizz. said that it won't
They did? I wasn't aware of that. The starcraft2.com FAQ states:
When is the game coming out?

At this point, it's too early to provide an initial estimate on the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible.
Which may well be an indication that the game won't be released this year, but it's not an outright and finalized statement.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 03 Jun 2007, 14:31

Speaking of secrets, what is your timeline for release for “StarCraft II?”

It’s a secret! I can give you the old Blizzard mantra of: “It’ll ship when it’s ready,” but it’s something that historically, we’ve learned to keep release dates really close to the vest. I think all game developers are extremely optimistic, and we used to give optimistic dates and we’d disappoint our fans when we didn’t hit them. So now, I think we’ve just gotten more gun shy. The only thing I can give you [that’s] concrete is it’s not going to be this year. Some people were hoping, because of how advanced the game looks, that we’d have it out by Christmas, but that’s definitely not happening.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18925251/page/2/

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Jun 2007, 15:29

II love those videos :-D And is it just me or does the four legget lazer guys look kinda the tripods in War of the Worlds? :| Seems Blizzard got inspired, if so..cool nontheless :)

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 03 Jun 2007, 15:55

Nick Carpenter: The idea of turning the creation of a marine into a cinematic has been on my mind ever since we started working on the cinematics for the original StarCraft. When you click on that button to build a marine, what does that mean? Actually showing the marine being built gives us an exciting opportunity to show that in the StarCraft universe, even something that's normally very mundane can have a truly epic feeling to it.
When you see all the intricate pieces of the armor coming together, you really get to appreciate the power and the toughness of the marine unit from a whole new perspective. But this is only the most basic unit; this is your cannon fodder, your red shirts. If the creation of a mere marine is already this cool, just imagine what it must be like when a goliath or a siege tank is assembled. Essentially, we picked this scene because we felt it was a great way to return to the StarCraft universe - open up with something small, but finish with something really big.

http://eu.starcraft2.com/features/inter ... teaser.xml#

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Jun 2007, 16:26

Cool, thanks for the info.

Wonder if they make a scene on how a zergling evolves inside the egg and how a templar trains until rdy to go :-D

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 03 Jun 2007, 16:55

Orfinn wrote:And is it just me or does the four legget lazer guys look kinda the tripods in War of the Worlds? :| Seems Blizzard got inspired, if so..cool nontheless :)
I agree the Cyclops looks an awful lot like those creepy aliens from WotW, and they look great. Climbing onto those ramps seems like a cool ability.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jun 2007, 19:34

Colossus, not cyclops.

But i still say that the marine creation scene was too complex and too WH40k Space Marine. In #1 they looked more like just armored space suits then "bonded to your body" power armour.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 04 Jun 2007, 01:12

ThunderTitan wrote:Colossus, not cyclops.

But i still say that the marine creation scene was too complex and too WH40k Space Marine. In #1 they looked more like just armored space suits then "bonded to your body" power armour.
Well it seemed like that back then. But as said didnt you ever wonder how they got their armor but just saw the progression bar while training a marine? What happened inside the barracks?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 Jun 2007, 01:18

ThunderTitan wrote:Colossus, not cyclops.

Whoops, got sidetracked by HoMM, I guess. :D

I guess I am in the minority here, because I thought that Marine video was incredibly boring, except for the "Hell..." part at the end. Maybe I would think differently of similar sequences detailing the creation of other races' units, or even only other Terran units...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2007, 18:06

Orfinn wrote: But as said didnt you ever wonder how they got their armor but just saw the progression bar while training a marine? What happened inside the barracks?
Jeez, i don't know... maybe training?! Plus, an armored space suit can be assembled too.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 04 Jun 2007, 20:20

My attitude towards this Starcraft 2 is similar to Halo 3. I'm not really thrilled about playing it, but I hope it does really well (which no doubt it will due to legions of fans). When the game sells well, it helps the system. Maybe it will finally shut up those who think PC gaming is dead (which I still don't understand how anyone can think that with the success of World of Warcraft).

I bring up Halo 3 because while I despise the Halo series, I hope it's exceptional so the 360 does well.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 Jun 2007, 22:13

I do wonder, O_D, just how much did you play Starcraft? I'm asking because I've never actually met anyone who really gave the game a chance and played it extensively and said they did not at least like, if not love, it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2007, 23:07

And i finally finished all the SC campaigns... man, did i suck at RTS's back then or what.

@OD
CONSOLE GAMER.... :mad:

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 04 Jun 2007, 23:21

@Metathron: I finished Starcraft. It was good but I didn't think it was anything exceptional.

@TT: You are partially correct. I'm a console gamer but also a PC gamer. If I wasn't, I doubt I would have beat System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, or Hammers of Fate last term. Sure I play my 360, but I easily spend more time playing HofF and WOG.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”