Starcraft 2!

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 13 Mar 2008, 22:14

Infiltrator wrote:LOL @ the reactor, now you get a 10 queue? This would be useful... for my GRANDMA. Jesus who uses a queue of 5 let alone frikin' 10? I guess double production was OP but at least they could have come up with something halfway decent for the reactor..
It should however reduce the build times of units build at that building. Not by 50% anyway, but for example by 25%...

@TT

Well, that's what I was referring to: talking about what's been done and what will change will certainly create disappointment, and useless polemic.
So we'd better wait for the game to come out, and then we'll be all satisfied. I'm sure of it.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 13 Mar 2008, 22:47

What screenshot are you referring to TT, I checked and can't find it.

I think its a good idea to make reactor reduce training time, I mean 5 more queue spaces is just crap.

And yea I like discussing what we have at hand, beta is coming soon and this is just a warmup :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Mar 2008, 10:21

My bad.. it's not in a screen, it's in the Erg Gameplay video... when the queen first shows up... when she's creaming some 'rines, before deep tunneling to the Vikings... it's on the creep, up and a bit to the left from the Queen. And after she tunnels there's one right next to her...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 14 Mar 2008, 11:13

Could be it..

BTW here is some more detailed zerg unit and building info.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Mar 2008, 11:17

Seen it...

i prefer Starcraft-Source.com, they have pictures...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 15 Mar 2008, 17:22

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 03 Jun 2008, 11:07

So, does anyone think this will be released this year? I'm kinda losing hope that it will.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 03 Jun 2008, 12:58

I think it will, by the end of the year. Beta is around the corner, I expect it to last 5 months or so.
Infiltrator out.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jun 2008, 08:40

Doubtful... as they won't rush it and chances are that something unexpected will happen to delay it... it's just the way Blizz games get made... but i'm sure Q1 09 is a fair guess...

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 04 Jun 2008, 09:33

Yeah, blizzard is really a pain in the ass, but then again, we get some really good games from them!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Oct 2008, 14:55

Starcraft II: The Trilogy. What do you guys think?

My feeling is that we can trust Blizzard on this, they usually know what they are doing.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 14 Oct 2008, 16:48

Angelspit wrote:Starcraft II: The Trilogy. What do you guys think?

My feeling is that we can trust Blizzard on this, they usually know what they are doing.
I dont see anything wrong about it. Actualy I would even prefer trilogy over older scheme (like in war2/3 star1).
BTW Dawn of War was pretty much like this too.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Oct 2008, 18:09

I had no idea what you were talking about, so here it is from http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2332365,00.asp
Surprise! 'Starcraft 2' Is Actually a Trilogy

by 1UP Staff
During the StarCraft 2 gameplay panel at BlizzCon, Blizzard posed a question to the audience: Should they sacrifice an epic story or truly create something spectacular? They're choosing the latter.

Friday night, the company announced that they will be creating a single-player trilogy for StarCraft 2 where each race will have a stand-alone game. The first will be Terran: Wings of Liberty, where players take on the role of Jim Raynor in a non-linear game. The second is Zerg: Heart of the Swarm, and the last will be Protoss: Legacy of the Void.

Blizzard is promising that each game will have 26-30 missions, and each campaign will feel like its own epic story. They are also promising that they won't leave StarCraft lovers with cliffhangers. Each game will be a full product with a satisfying ending. We'll be hitting up Blizzard for more info as BlizzCon continues, so stay tuned.
Since I'm pretty much a campaign player only, this is more than welcome.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Nov 2008, 14:10

The only flaw i see is that 'toss players will get really boned having to wait for the last one to play their campaign... they really should include 3-5 missions for the other 2 races in each (preferably dealing with those missing 4 years or something like that).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2008, 07:29

Oh, and did you guys see the new DT model?!

http://www.starcraft-source.com/index.p ... view&id=54

finally the blades look like energy instead of crystal.

Oh, and Zealot too:

http://www.starcraft-source.com/index.p ... view&id=15

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 04 Nov 2008, 10:27

"Starcraft II: The Trilogy"? wtf...
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Nov 2008, 10:31

well it's either that or a few more years of development... and expansions you'd pay for anyhow...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Dec 2008, 14:33

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 20 Dec 2008, 22:56

The game looks really nice, the ground units move in a group without several of them getting stop. The rocks are a nice addition as well as the hight yield cristals(yellow ones).
The only thing I didn't like was the collosus, even thogh they can walk over cliffs, a single one can't kill a svc at once shoot, they aren't as dreadfull as the reavers used to be :disagree: .They could give them a little more of cooldown and slighty more damage, if not they doesn't seem to be as powerfull as I imagine.
Anyway the game looks well, can't wait to play it :oex:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Dec 2008, 12:40

You want them to one shoot workers?! At least the Reaver was slow as hell and you had to build his scarabs... and had to b ferried with a Shuttle. With cliffwalking and it's speed a Colossus wouold be way overpowered if it could oneshoot workers on it's own.

And i've noticed that most players seem not to be aware of most of the changes in SC2, as seen here when the terran tries to hide when there's a Xel'naga tower there... the devs have been saying that the Colossi need to be masses for month now... so the only question is if they're not too expensive for that.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”