First info about Stardocks upcoming fantasy strategy 4x TBS

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

First info about Stardocks upcoming fantasy strategy 4x TBS

Unread postby Campaigner » 04 May 2007, 12:44

It's unofficial and a bit abstract but it's here.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 04 May 2007, 16:49

Cool. Im looking foward it.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 May 2007, 17:14

Ou, yes, Brad is pretty creative. Though I was half afraid that it will be about this.

Actually somewhere down it's stated that it won't be so much MoM, so ...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 05 May 2007, 08:52

Stardock can't be developing Genesisrising. He said they got their whole gameteam on the fantasy strategy game.

I've only played like 15min of MoM but there had to be designflaws in that game too. And Brad & Co seems to have mastered MoM so they know what's good and what's not. So using the good features of MoM together with what they think works can very possibly become a better game than a MoM 2 would be. At first I didn't think so because I was afraid they would make it some Total War version with the mention of thousands of troops but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 May 2007, 10:17

Well, Genesis Rising is from Stardock and hence they are not Ubi they developed it. The info came to me directly from the Stardock news.
PS Dreamcatcher is theirs publisher in this case.

I'm a bit worried by this statement. It's unnecessary.

"One advantage of being designed in 2007 is the hardware requirements are probably going to be higher than our other games. I want to see large battles. I want to see creatures that can wipe out massive numbers of foot soldiers and such. I want to see magic spells that can flood terrain, raise mountains, ruin worlds. I want to see the land sicken and die when evil takes it over."

And same is going for this one.

"If we'd done a MOM2, we would have been faithful to the Master of Magic mechanics. But since we're doing a new game, hopefully we'll be able to make a game that combines favorite elements from many games plus adds our own on innovations to the genre. But it'll be some months before we start putting up any previews or anything (or even announce the game officially)."

Dunno, nothing is guarented.
(Like always)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 10 May 2007, 08:43

I have played Galactic Civ which came from Stardock. They made a good game there. Can put a hope at this one.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 13 May 2007, 12:20

It's not concerning. He's not talking about DooM III type specs, he's saying that his game will take advantage of quadcore cpus. He has said that quadcore will allow much greater A.I and that's great.
And Quadcore cpus is already out (top of the line though) and in 2009 they will be two years old and cheap.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”