Diablo III

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 01 Feb 2010, 18:26

Well Diablo 1 has something really great, that you go deeper and deeper into the dungeon ever time and end at hell. That was awesome! And pretty scary
Last edited by Sure Valla on 18 Apr 2013, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 24 Feb 2010, 12:26

The new Diablo 2 patch is on the public patch testing realms. So those who may be interested in starting online play for the new ladder should keep an eye out.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/commen ... est-realm/
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Feb 2010, 13:25

That's been out for months...

I've been playing it, it's kinda fun to be lvl 99 from the get go...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 28 Feb 2010, 19:02

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:The new Diablo 2 patch is on the public patch testing realms. So those who may be interested in starting online play for the new ladder should keep an eye out.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/commen ... est-realm/
i had asembled a hardcore team of 8 players, but the ladder took so long, we all quited. There will not be a new patch - i think.....
Last edited by Sure Valla on 18 Apr 2013, 00:02, edited 2 times in total.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Mar 2010, 19:12

Sure Valla wrote:There will not be a new patch - i think.....
You can already play the new patch on the Classic beta realm... and my friends said they heard the ladder will be reset some time in April, probably with the patch...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 16 Mar 2010, 01:01

For those interested, the ladder will be reset in about a week and the new patch will be official.

They said a week or so ago there would be a few more changes in addition to what we have seen in the 1.13b test patch.

Ladder rreset and patch 1.13 soon
Diablo II Ladder Reset Coming - Nebu
We will be resetting the Diablo II ladder on March 23 with the release of patch 1.13. We anticipate all Diablo II realms to be down for approximately six hours during the reset. More specific information on realm availability on the day of the reset will be posted in the Battle.net Status forum. When the ladder is reset, all existing ladder characters will be converted to non-ladder. All characters and items being converted to non-ladder will remain intact, but once converted these characters will no longer have access to ladder content such as creating ladder-only rune words. For more information on ladder characters please visit the Arreat Summit Realm Character Types page.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Mar 2010, 07:13

I guess april was a close guess then...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Feb 2011, 10:46

heh, and people complained about the current version not being dark and gothic enough: http://kotaku.com/#!5761172/this-is-wha ... g-time-ago

Looks pretty good for a 2005-6 game...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Aug 2011, 13:23

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... lo-3-oh-no

http://www.actionradius.com/jdl/default ... =1&id=3770
Always-on DRM
Yes Diablo can only be played online. There will be no offline mode available.
I really wanted to try this title (even if Diablo II was boring for me after a while) but now... not a chance.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 01 Aug 2011, 14:13

Dear Lord... not only do you need to be always online, but modding is forbidden and they will allow people to sell ingame items for money, as long as they get to wet their beak a little in the process. The only thing I can remotely relate to is allowing item selling, since people will do it anyway and they might as well get their piece of the pie while providing a safe venue. But no modding? Just stupid.

And I remember when one incentive to buy games legit was that they were safer and easier to use than pirated versions. Now this is reversed... and as more publishers go for this type of DRM, it gets more accepted for others to do it. Why they do it is of course still a mystery.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 01 Aug 2011, 18:48

Only online? Well, that's too bad.

Next!
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

hatsforclowns
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby hatsforclowns » 01 Aug 2011, 23:37

I see.

Well, I had great fun with Diablo 1 and 2. Everything good has to come to an end sooner or later, I guess.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 02 Aug 2011, 13:43

Ethric wrote:and as more publishers go for this type of DRM, it gets more accepted for others to do it. Why they do it is of course still a mystery.
The answer is "impatience". I think they just force it and look at the sales figures and probably see a significant increase in sales. While this may mean nothing in stopping piracy, "buying the game" suddenly becomes the only means of providing instant satisfaction to the impatient gamer. As stupid it may sound, sometimes even people who would normally pirate the game (and never buy it) give in and buy the game.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 02 Aug 2011, 13:55

If online is *REQUIRED* then I won't even consider buying it. Even if I agreed with all their reasons, and supported it (which I don't), there is still the fact that if my ISP goes down (which it has an annoying habit of doing), then I will be unable to play, and if it goes down while playing, I'll get disconnected, and likely lose progress.
Secondly, that means if they have a problem with their servers- or even decide to perform maintenance on the server I'm connected to- then again I will get disconnect problems. I seem to recall a problem (was it with AC2?) where the servers went down, and nobody could play for several days. Totally unacceptable.
If you want to have some type of "achievements" list online, possibly even with rewards attached, that's fine, but I want to be able to play the game when I want without worrying about ISP (or even worse server) problems.
The only games that should require connectivity are MMOs (for obvious reasons). Everything else should only need it for multiplayer (and a turn based game should have hot-seat without it, but we're talking Diablo here...)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Aug 2011, 14:54

I agree with you in all. I'm rather sad that I won't buy this game if it comes to this. I was kinda anxious awaiting its release. :cry: This is the sort of feature that players should know beforehand. Having our anticipation crushed like this is almost a crime.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 02 Aug 2011, 15:02

I hope they remove the protection with a patch later (at least for the single player part).
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 02 Aug 2011, 15:48

Diablo 3 is now Assassins Creed 2... :|
Youtube has terminated my account without reason.

Please express why it should be reinstated on Twitter.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2011, 15:04

Hey look, it got delayed to 2012... ain't that the least surprising thing ever?

And did yu guys see the skill system? Feels a bit odd to get free skills each level... although i like the fact that they got rid of skill levels... one point wonder skills where annoying, just wish they'd replace it with something more interesting.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Sep 2011, 15:29

It had a 2011 release that before? :| I thought the game didn't had any date to be released yet. 2012 is just what I was expecting anyway. :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2011, 18:00

No offical date, but they did say they wanted to try for a 2011 release... not that it wasn't obvious that it was just wishful thinking on their part.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”