Diablo III

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 08 Jul 2008, 15:43

For PVP - hell no.. maybe poison nova for pve..
Infiltrator out.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 08 Jul 2008, 16:43

Panda Tar wrote:I see. I forgot that. :)

What about poison skills? Not worth?
I think poison would be very slow going in Hell. Maybe with top notch equipment it could be done.

Oh, and your walls/prisons will be much stronger in hell and nightmare too.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Jul 2008, 20:03

Yeah, I also forgot that detail of bone walls and prison.

BTW, what's PVP and PVE? I'm just too slow today, sorry.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 08 Jul 2008, 20:04

PVP - player versus player
PVE - player versus environment (that is world creatures)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 09 Jul 2008, 15:20

Hum, alright. Thanks!
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 10 Jul 2008, 09:53

posted by Bashiok(a blizzard poster on the oficial D3 forums):
Host: "So Marius, how did you feel after you freed Baal?"
Marius: "Oh man! I should have known that question was coming..."
Baal: "Hahaha! Oh brother that was classic..."
Marius: "Well ... I mean, just... embarrassed! Hahah! I think it was a real growth experience for me though. If you see a stone containing pure evil, y'know, just don't touch it."
Baal: "Hahah, aaaahhh, but seriously dude thanks for doing that."
Marius: "Oh you! Haha, but Baal and I have kept in contact since then and we've become really close friends. So all in all it was really positive."
Diablo: "Rawr"

That made me a laugh :D

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 10 Jul 2008, 19:13

Storm-giant wrote:posted by Bashiok(a blizzard poster on the oficial D3 forums):
Host: "So Marius, how did you feel after you freed Baal?"
Marius: "Oh man! I should have known that question was coming..."
Baal: "Hahaha! Oh brother that was classic..."
Marius: "Well ... I mean, just... embarrassed! Hahah! I think it was a real growth experience for me though. If you see a stone containing pure evil, y'know, just don't touch it."
Baal: "Hahah, aaaahhh, but seriously dude thanks for doing that."
Marius: "Oh you! Haha, but Baal and I have kept in contact since then and we've become really close friends. So all in all it was really positive."
Diablo: "Rawr"

That made me a laugh :D
I thought Maurius got splatted by Baal in the insane asylum where Baal pretended to be the archangel Tyrael (end of Act4.)
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 10 Jul 2008, 19:20

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 04 Aug 2008, 05:49

Suleman wrote:I've got a lvl 46 or so barbarian, played in single player, hardcore, un-twinked, with the "players 8"-command. It's my first ever WW barbarian, but I can't seem to get enough damage to make WW practical at all.
Missed this earlier; sorry.

WW's effectiveness depends highly on the weapon used. A combination of range, *weapon* speed (not total character attack speed!) and damage. Weapon speed needs to reach a certain breakpoint (I thought it was 40) to increase the number of hits WW does. Range allows you to use WW without getting hit yourself, like when dealing with a frenzied stack of charging moonlords ;)

I find axes and maces the worst choice for a WW barbarian as they have a hard time reaching the weapon speed limit and will never get a good range.

My personal favorite for a WW barbarian is the polearm.

And ofcourse you need to specialize in a weapon to get sufficient damage output !
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 04 Aug 2008, 11:55

wimfrits wrote:
Suleman wrote:I've got a lvl 46 or so barbarian, played in single player, hardcore, un-twinked, with the "players 8"-command. It's my first ever WW barbarian, but I can't seem to get enough damage to make WW practical at all.
Missed this earlier; sorry.

WW's effectiveness depends highly on the weapon used. A combination of range, *weapon* speed (not total character attack speed!) and damage. Weapon speed needs to reach a certain breakpoint (I thought it was 40) to increase the number of hits WW does. Range allows you to use WW without getting hit yourself, like when dealing with a frenzied stack of charging moonlords ;)

I find axes and maces the worst choice for a WW barbarian as they have a hard time reaching the weapon speed limit and will never get a good range.

My personal favorite for a WW barbarian is the polearm.

And ofcourse you need to specialize in a weapon to get sufficient damage output !
Correct! Theres a MUST to focus only on ONE weapon type, not like having 3 in axe, 3 in sword and 3 in hammer... thats BAD.

I have 10 in axe only and focus on two handed and frenzy, works wonders. I thought of aiming for Berserk but you get severe decrease in defense and you cant get any boost for your attributes, skills, defense etc while in berserk mode. Also I wanted to try Frenzy, cause it seems alot favor WhirlWind. Not this boy ;)

BTW! Dont fall for the no cd required patch at Blizzards homepage, the 1.12 one. Thanks to that I cant play Battle.net, it seems the sertification number for my cd's got overridden by the patch...

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 04 Aug 2008, 15:11

I haven't had any troubles with the patch. I have an IK barb and wind druid on USA East ladder.

Did you try an uninstall and reinstall?

MY IK barb has killed Diablo Clone twice by the way. :)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 05 Aug 2008, 22:43

Nope, and Im taking some rest from Diablo 2 LOD, though some SP may be in order, since even if I join a stabile server, theres something laggy and unstable about it, my PC pretty tired to, gosh...

And IK Barb is what? Instant Killer?? :D

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 06 Aug 2008, 15:39

Orfinn wrote:
Nope, and Im taking some rest from Diablo 2 LOD, though some SP may be in order, since even if I join a stabile server, theres something laggy and unstable about it, my PC pretty tired to, gosh...

And IK Barb is what? Instant Killer?? :D
Immortal King's. That is, a barbarian that uses the Immortal King's item set.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 07 Aug 2008, 01:55

Diablo III.

Gonna play it until my eyeballs fall.

Or my wife leaves me. Wathever comes first.

Been there since 98 with D1. Learned to love it. No way back.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 08 Aug 2008, 18:17

I read in a PC Magazine that Diablo 3 won't have a Necromancer

They said that the Witch Doctor replaced him, because "we don't offer a Diablo 2 with better graphics, but a new game".

Hear that Heroes 3 fans who don't like Heroes 5 because it's different in some aspects? :P (and this is about the mighty Blizzard who many people worship - I'm NOT one of them)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 08 Aug 2008, 23:47

Well, i don't want a completely new game, i just want more and more. But i think the witch doctor is a god replacement for the necro. So far the game looks really amazing and if i can, i will play it as soon as possible!!!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 09 Aug 2008, 00:00

While I love the necormancer in D2, I am sure that D3 will be an excellant game. Blizzard is commited to excellance. I'll certainly be snatching it off the shelf as soon as it arrives.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Aug 2008, 17:23

Suleman wrote: Immortal King's. That is, a barbarian that uses the Immortal King's item set.
I.e., a Barbarian you'll never have if you're playing fair and square. :D

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 14 Aug 2008, 17:40

Panda Tar wrote:
Suleman wrote: Immortal King's. That is, a barbarian that uses the Immortal King's item set.
I.e., a Barbarian you'll never have if you're playing fair and square. :D
Wrong!!!! I found the IK chest armor off of Threshsocket.

I have found IK armors in single player even. Pindleskin and Threshsocket are good targets for runs especially on single player since you can run them fast as you can without getting a realms down message. They are both horkable if you if run them with barbarians so you get twice the drop chance for stuff.

GOW

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Aug 2008, 20:04

I thought the whole set would be rather too much difficult to try gathering all the stuff. Even when I played with Druid and Assassin, I couldn't find much more than 3 pieces. It was always missing the damn armor.

Oh, no, and you quoted me! ;)

And you become immortal when you wear all that stuff? :tongue:

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”