Diablo III

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 02 May 2008, 16:40

darknessfood wrote:Why register anything and not do anything with it.
If you`ll start doing anything with it later it might be harded to buy.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 03 May 2008, 00:27

That'sabsurd, everyone is sure that it's in the making axcept for you, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU! :devious:
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 03 May 2008, 11:09

I don`t really care if it is in the making or not, i`m just saying that domain name doesn`t mean anything.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 03 May 2008, 16:17

I know dude, but i think the same thing did happen to SC2, last year. So 90% sure thing is that it's in the works...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 May 2008, 10:54

FYI, starcraft2.com was owned by Blizzard since before SC came out...

But i bet Blizz has all of their franchises in development hell until they decide it's about time to announce them... then they buckle down, polish the concepts to alpha status, announce them, then really start working on it... just look at how much SC2 changed... and that's nothing compared to how much Starcraft changed (at least graphic wise).
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 14 Jun 2008, 15:25

Diablo 2 ladder reset will be on June 17.

http://www.battle.net/
We will be performing a Diablo II ladder reset on June 17 beginning at approximately 9:00 a.m. PDT. The reset is anticipated to require approximately six hours of downtime to complete, and during that time all Diablo II Battle.net realms will be unavailable for play. When the reset occurs all existing ladder characters will be moved to non-ladder. This provides a fresh start and new competition for leveling supremacy on the ladder realm.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 16 Jun 2008, 03:10

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Of course, I think I over saturated myself with Diablo 2 a long while ago. It's fun, but once you reach the higher levels, it's all Magic Find this, Magic Find that. Not my definition of fun. :)

Crossing my fingers hoping that Blizzard's recent registration of the diabloiii domain name means that Diablo III is in the works! :oex:

They need to balance some of the skills though (assuming that they keep most of the skills from Diablo II). Blessed Hammer is just plain overkill once you stack all of the possible damage modifiers.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 20 Jun 2008, 02:17

How come I didn't see this sooner?

Yeah, Diablo III better be revealed at Blizzcon this year. Its certainly time for a new Diablo game.

My friend and I are serious Diablo II players, but we don't play on Battle.net because its stupid. All of the multiplayer functions in the game are outdated, so you can rarely TCP/IP anymore unless its a LAN, and no one plays on battle.net for fun; only to trade, beat people in PvP, powerlevel, and do baal runs (its even worse in D1). Not to mention the ladders are annoying - my characters are always getting switched from non-ladder to ladder and vice versa and it limits the number of people I can play with. We prefer to go local.

diabloii.net has an interesting article on "everything we know about D3 so far", I don't know if someone already mentioned it on this topic, (don't feel like reading 8 pages), but its a good read with some surprises.

Mainly, I hope they don't WoWify the game. I've been reading some scary ideas, like mounts and stuff, things Diablo doesn't need that link it to Warcraft. There are some good ideas out there too, and I'm sure Blizzard will come up with something amazing.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 20 Jun 2008, 02:50

and no one plays on battle.net for fun; only to trade, beat people in PvP, powerlevel, and do baal runs../
Yeah...I agree. You forgot to mention PKers though. ;)
Those are the worst, right after dupers/account hackers. :disagree:

Hmm...I don't think anyone has mentioned that article. Do you have the link to the article? :)
Mainly, I hope they don't WoWify the game.
Quoted for Emphasis 10x. :D

I'm pretty sure they'll come up with something amazing as well...they always do. :)

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 20 Jun 2008, 07:12

Let's hope, they won't screw those, who only play in the SP mode by making decent items almost impossible to find.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 21 Jun 2008, 01:03

Hmm...I don't think anyone has mentioned that article. Do you have the link to the article?
http://www.diabloii.net/wiki/Diablo_3 Here it is. Enjoy!

Also, I've considered the possiblity that maybe Blizzard will not be making the next Diablo game. I was discussing D3 with some of my friends, and one of them (who, ironically enough, doesn't really like Diablo) brought up a good point that related to the Everquest series:

"The makers of Everquest made a good game and improved upon it significantly with updates, then sold the rights to the series name for a heap of money. The buying company tried to produce a good sequel, EQ 2, which failed miserably. Then the original owner decided to produce the EQ 2 that they wanted to now that they had the money - and they named it Vanguard. So essentially, Vanguard is the true EQ 2."

I don't know how much of what he said was true, but his point was, that we Diablo fans may be looking for a name too closely. If Blizzard does make a D3, who says their money-hungry attitude won't get in the way? What if they make it an MMO? Or charge money monthly? There are many ways it could go wrong.

Even though there were several games that tried to mimic Diablo fast-paced hack-and-slash style (Titan Quest, that free online game made by Flagship), none of them have quite compared. In addition to watching Blizzard for Diablo news, we should keep a close eye on Flagship, which has the highest concentration of ex-Blizzard North employees. Who says a game they release with a different name will not be our Diablo 3?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 22 Jun 2008, 00:55

Well, the original creator of D2 was Bill Roper. Maybe Hellgate London is the True Diablo3 :devious:

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 22 Jun 2008, 01:09

Haha.. Hellgate London is one of the prime candidates for the "Biggest Disappointment" award..
Infiltrator out.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 22 Jun 2008, 01:11

Meh, got the game and still play it every now and then. Really not dissapointing in ANY way! At least for me :)!

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 22 Jun 2008, 19:47

Well, Hellgate London was disappointing, but it still is not a bad game. It just looked REALLY good before it came out, and it turned out to just be decent. It's different than most other MMO's though.

Also, Hellgate London is definitely not our Diablo 3. Diablo is a hack-and-slash Action RPG; Hellgate London is a MMO with FPS capabilities. We'll know it when it happens.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 22 Jun 2008, 21:47

Well, it depends on the class you pick. Some play as a shooter, some more tactical and 2 other classes let you hack n slash trough the game!

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 24 Jun 2008, 02:24

@CloudRiderX: Thanks for the link. :)
It was some very interesting info, to say the least.
CloudRiderX wrote:Even though there were several games that tried to mimic Diablo fast-paced hack-and-slash style (Titan Quest, that free online game made by Flagship), none of them have quite compared. In addition to watching Blizzard for Diablo news, we should keep a close eye on Flagship, which has the highest concentration of ex-Blizzard North employees. Who says a game they release with a different name will not be our Diablo 3?
You know...you have a point there. Of course, there's the one advantage that Blizzard strives for the highest quality in its games (which is why they tend to get delayed or even canceled if they're not meeting standards), so there's still hope that Diablo 3 will be a worthy sequel. :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jun 2008, 08:17

You guys see the new poster they show you when trying www.blizzard.com ? Does that look like the crystal Tyrael destroyed at the end of D2 to anyone else?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 24 Jun 2008, 09:37

Yep, it must be the shattered world stone.
Infiltrator out.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 24 Jun 2008, 09:40

Looks like a frozen hell to me. Which associates with the same game.

update:

http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/ice1.jpg
http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/ice2.jpg

yep, its called ice.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”