Diablo III

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 14 Aug 2008, 20:51

The armor is the hardest piece to find of course. But the key to finding anything is to run areas or bosses who can drop what you want to find.

No, you don't become immortal. You can still die. That is just a name Blizzard gave the set. It gives some very nice bonuses. The set is designed for a whirlwind barbarian. Here is a link describing the various set pieces.
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/sets/sets5.shtml
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Aug 2008, 11:39

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:That is just a name Blizzard gave the set.
Ok, that I know. ;) I just found that somewhat funny to remember because it reminded me of my friends who played with Barbarian, and after a couple of good items they'd say: "Ah, now my Barb is immortal! HUHU!", and then, 5 minutes later, there they were running after their body. :)

For Diablo III, hopefully if it will ever have these set items, they should be a bit customizable, so you could fit them into your plans to develop your character. You see, the Druid set was not really good for a spell casting druid, for instance.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 15 Aug 2008, 14:28

And set items should be upgrade-able or drop with better stats according to the difficulty level (like in Sacred).
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 15 Aug 2008, 14:40

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to upgrade sets and some sets aren't very useful.

One thing I hope they don't do in D3 is give class skills through rune words. It's just wrong for Paladins to be better teleporters than sorceresses. Instead of giving away class skills they could make new skills that can only be gotten through the rune word.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 15 Aug 2008, 19:15

Agreed. And those rune words were way overpowered, too. Sadly, nobody cares for the other rune words anymore, because Enigma, Infinity, etc are just "too good". Even godly uniques pale in comparison, which is a shame really.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Old_Man
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Old_Man » 16 Aug 2008, 15:44

Yes, but being able to fine the runes required to make the rune words makes it all worthwhile. I would be complaining if Enigma only required 4 El runes, but it doesn't. There really isn't anything wrong with the rune words like Enigma, Fortitude, Heart of the Oak etc.
I make music because I want to, not because I have to.

If you don't have fun doing something then it's best to move onto something else.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 16 Aug 2008, 16:30

Rune Words like Enigma are fine fine on single player where the high runes are few and far between. But on Battlenet the high runes are duped and plentiful.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 16 Aug 2008, 20:18

I think it has to do with the entire rune word system. It needs a major overhaul, IMO. Your chances to find a Zod rune was ridiculously low, it was pretty much the same as winning the lottery. This is especially true for the single player mode.

And let's say you got lucky and actually found a legit Zod rune, would you be willing to trade it? Not very likely! No wonder why duping is a major issue on Battle.net...

I think the chances to find the highest runes should be improved and/or rune words should be more balanced. Either that or unique items should be more powerful, because nobody is going to use a Tyrael's Might (one of the rarest uniques) when they have access to rune words such as Enigma, Chains of Honor, etc.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 30 Aug 2008, 15:04

TheUndeadKing wrote: I think the chances to find the highest runes should be improved and/or rune words should be more balanced. Either that or unique items should be more powerful, because nobody is going to use a Tyrael's Might (one of the rarest uniques) when they have access to rune words such as Enigma, Chains of Honor, etc.
Unless you could combine runewords with unique items, which could bring some ultimate real immortal stuff indeed. :)

But as they say the game will be different, if they use runes, it must act like charms, or else, maybe just for enchantments.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 08 Sep 2008, 16:19

Well, a little update from gamebanshee. They talked to the story/dialogue writer called Leonard Boyarsky and he said some things already. Well, biggest thing for fans is that you don't need a high-end system to enjoy it. The isometric view doesn't use that much memory, so i think you are going to be able to play this game on a nice P4 2 GHZ. That whole interview can be read right here...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 15 Sep 2008, 09:57

The same thing was said about Heroes 5 too. :P
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 15 Sep 2008, 10:33

But from a producer like Blizzard, i would believe it. Their'e games are always playable on normal (no high end) computers. That is their reall strength...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2008, 17:12

Better said, because it's Blizz they'll actually let you know if the final product won't...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 10 Oct 2008, 18:02

It seems that the third class is the Wizard!!
some pics can be find righthere or here
And I also read that the tree system will still be with 3 branchs
:-D :hoo:
more:
the gameplay video with a female wizard(eitherhere or here)
''11:24
Rushster: 3 skill trees. arcane, conjuring, storm
4 or 5 skills each tier. tiers at lvl 1, 5, 10, 15, 20.. no lvl 20 skills are in yet.
11:25
Rushster: there are no dependencies of skills. but you need 10 points in a given skill tree to enable skills at levle 10, and then 15 at lvl 15. etc, I assume.
11:26
Rushster: there are a mixture of attack and passive spells. in all trees. and damage types vary. wizard has masteries that increase casting speed, all types of damage, critical hits in types of damage, provide physical and magial armor. boost weapon damage, etc. huge variety. looks likea LOT of different builds will be possible. melee wizard for sure.
:devil:
Last edited by Storm-giant on 10 Oct 2008, 18:47, edited 3 times in total.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 10 Oct 2008, 18:42

The Wizard will be my first class to play of course. :)

http://www.diii.net/blog/comments/wizard/
the wizard. A wielder of the elements and a master manipulator of time, the wizard can hurl environment-shattering lightning bolts, channel explosive arcane energies, and create pockets of space outside the normal temporal flow
Some wizard pics are here:
http://www.diii.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=546

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 10 Oct 2008, 18:51

Gameplay videos:youtubehere
This one seems to load as normal(unlike incgamer) ;)
Edit:The wizard desintegrer spell It's like dragon ball kamehameha->Awesome!! :devil:

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 10 Oct 2008, 19:05

More info on the wizard:
http://www.diii.net/
Flux here: I got about 15 minutes play time on the wizard, and then spent 15 minutes looking over all of her skills and dictating their descriptions. We’re doing some live reports in the chat channel, and here are some quick facts, with more to come later.

There are 3 wizard skill trees. conjuring, arcane, storm. all of the trees have 4 or 5 skills in each tier, and there are tiers at level 1, 5, 10, and 15. 20 is listed, but has no skills yet. there are no dependencies per skill, but you need 10 points invested to use any level 10 spells, and 15 to use any 15. In each tree.

There are a huge variety of skills. Multiple pasives and actives in each tree, all mixed through. All 3 had one attack spell in the first row, and 2 or 3 passives or masteries. Bonuses were to things like spell casting speed, mana cost, critical strike %, type of damage, etc. There are spells of all types of damage, cold, lightning, spectral, etc. Also spells with physical and magical shielding, duplicate (like Decoy), slow time (slows missiles and enemies), increase weapon damage, increase odds of monsters dropping mana globes (fill 25% mana bulb), and much, much more. It looks like there will be several viable builds in each tree, and probably some multi tree ones as well. Massive variety and subtypes and builds.

Play style: The wizard felt like a more durable sorceress. fast spells, variety of early ones, melee and ranged. Lots of monster types and varieties in the early area. great npc dialogues; very realistic conversation. Awesome gory graphics; bleeding heaps of bodies, crows flapping overhead. Very atmospheric. Like D1 with vastly improved graphics. Can’t wait to play it on a home machine in a dark room with the sound up loud.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 10 Oct 2008, 19:09

And even more!!! :D
They have update the web(blizzard->here
A must thing to do it's to see the official wizards trailerhere
Absolutely epic B-) :o[
Edit: The wizard skills trees (here) :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Oct 2008, 13:21

Bah, i was right, it's just the sorceress with another name and some new skills...

They prob changed it because Wizard is more gender neutral then Sorcerer/ress... even if it's mostly used for males.

Skill system seems interesting though.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 11 Oct 2008, 15:15

ThunderTitan wrote:Bah, i was right, it's just the sorceress with another name and some new skills...
In other words the wizard is just a spell caster? What did you want him to be, a swordsman? :devil:

The skills look quite a bit different, and lots of skills to boot. More information is up at this fan site. (Be sure to click on continue reading for the relevant article.)

http://www.diii.net/

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”