Reasons why it's worth to be a PC gamer

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
darkpriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkpriest » 14 Mar 2007, 21:18

it's not reasonable to play games on PC.
Here are my reasons for it:
pc games are very high demanding hardware wise you must constantly invest tons of money in hardware and for what a game like oblivion comes out and bam you go to hell :d
on the other hand consoles are already pretty cheap i mean x box x 360 is just around 500 bucks(at least in my country , macedonia) and the ps2 is just 200 bucks.
the consoles always allows you to play the game on maximum graphic detalis whilst on pc you never can play the new games on maximum details.
plus it is way better to play with a controler then with a mouse and keyboards. this goes for all games except for strategies.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 14 Mar 2007, 21:31

You may want to delete one of your posts, or at least edit it down Priest.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 14 Mar 2007, 21:45

Problem is that as soon as you replied to it, he couldn't delete it anymore. I did it instead.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

darkpriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkpriest » 15 Mar 2007, 14:59

Gaidal Cain wrote:Problem is that as soon as you replied to it, he couldn't delete it anymore. I did it instead.
and why? did i do something wron or bad maybe?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Mar 2007, 15:23

Using a single post for all the things you have to say is more convenient for the members who will read you.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Mar 2007, 15:42

darkpriest wrote:and why? did i do something wron or bad maybe?
Not really- there were just two copies of the same post, and such duplicates gets removed on sight.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

darkpriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkpriest » 15 Mar 2007, 22:50

ah ok you got me worried i thought i've done something else never mind and thanks for explaining though

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 16 Mar 2007, 01:56

darkpriest wrote:it's not reasonable to play games on PC.
Here are my reasons for it:
pc games are very high demanding hardware wise you must constantly invest tons of money in hardware and for what a game like oblivion comes out and bam you go to hell :d
on the other hand consoles are already pretty cheap i mean x box x 360 is just around 500 bucks(at least in my country , macedonia) and the ps2 is just 200 bucks.
the consoles always allows you to play the game on maximum graphic detalis whilst on pc you never can play the new games on maximum details.
plus it is way better to play with a controler then with a mouse and keyboards. this goes for all games except for strategies.
Or you can wait until hardware that runs oblivion goes down in price...a reasonable $100 graphic card from Newegg can run the game fine.

The consoles don't allow you to play on maximum graphics, a pc does.

I prefer mouse and keyboard.

So for me a computer makes more sense. But I love playing with the Wii, I might get one...different games too, not available on the computer.

darkpriest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darkpriest » 16 Mar 2007, 09:39

lately all the games with exception of few are exclusivly reserved either for x box x 360 or for ps3 you have like 10-15 games that are exclusive only for pc. Plus the x box is giving the maximum performance and the games are already running on maximum details, plus with the introdaction of next gen engine and smart graphics presented in gears of war for the x box x 360 we all saw that level of depth and the shaders are something that can never be done even with 2 of the NVIDIA most poferfull cards linked by sli controller.
I love to play pc games more than on console too but i'm sorry to say this but consoles are the future of gaming

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Mar 2007, 10:29

darkpriest wrote: plus it is way better to play with a controller then with a mouse and keyboards.
I've always hated those controllers....

Console have the advantage of only having one config that all game makers must stick to, so they can't make resource hogs games thinking that the hardware will catch up.

Any graphics that can be done on the consoles can be done on the PC's too, coz the tech exists...

And 500$ are cheap when you only use it for entertainment? Sure...

Oh, and if graphics are so important then why is the Wii catching up to the 360, that's been out for around year?

PC gaming will be fine, hopefully they'll just stop being idiots in the way they run it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 16 Mar 2007, 22:49

Controllers suck! They're only better then mouse and keyboard in 3D platform and beat'em'up games such Mario 64 and Street Fighter II. And for that we can buy a controller. Consolepeople on the other hand can't buy a mouse and keyboard yet so RTS and FPS is unplayable for you :p

TT: What makes you so sure that the consoles won't take over in a few years? I used to tell my old computerfriends 10 years ago that consoles would eventually take over but they just laughed back then. But now, PC games are a niche.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Mar 2007, 22:50

10yrs ago? And you guys wonder why i'm so sure?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”