Star Wars: Empire at War

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Star Wars: Empire at War

Unread postby Angelspit » 24 Nov 2006, 14:56

Anyone has played this game? Would you recommend it?

I find RTS games a bit overwhelming at times, but I did play some Starcraft, Warcraft 3 and Command and Conquer in the past. But I really like Star Wars games so I'm tempted to give it a shot.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 24 Nov 2006, 16:09

Is there a demo that you can dl and play?

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 24 Nov 2006, 16:13

I have it its good. The skirmish mode ai is a bit to easy. The conquest mode I think its called been while its good but it tends to take a while to beat. I think the units are fairly balanced with the exeption of endor and its infinite ewoks(I just blow it up). I havent so much as touched the campaigns and I dont have the expansion. As for overwhelming conquest mode can be overwhelming as you have to defend planets and there are fixed routes to them for sending reinforcements and only a limited number of buildings allowed per planet so you have to choose what can be produced there for land troops any way. Starships can be built based on space station level with the execption of moncal cruisers and ISDs which are only built on certian planets. The skirmish mode is under whelming against the ai its smart enough to destroy mines but I have yet to see it do anything really clever. One thing for space battles the capitol ships have hard points so you can just take out weapons or shields I really like that feature. I personally feel its worth a buy if your into rts'es and star wars. Link to demo http://empireatwar.filefront.com/files/ ... /Demo;7253

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 24 Nov 2006, 18:05

I've tried it, and other RTS games as well, but just couldn't get into them, because I always end up comparing them to Blizzard games (Starcraft, Warcraft) which IMO are superior in every aspect, starting from the very interface.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 24 Nov 2006, 21:06

What I've read about it over at Gamereplays.org so far indicates that it's not that good. There's no basebuilding and bunkering is too effective since mapcontrol isn't valued very highly.

The recommended RTS games of today is Company of Heroes and Dark Crusade.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 24 Nov 2006, 21:25

To be honest, I'm more interesting in the theme than in the genre. If the game makes me feel I'm watching a Star Wars movie, with or without base building, I'll be perfectly content.

I think I'll wait for the deluxe edition (game + expansion) that wil probably be released sometimes in 2007.

Silent Rogue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Silent Rogue » 28 Nov 2006, 10:39

palyed.liked it.now playing expansion (forces of corruption)

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”