Baldur's Gate

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 03 Jan 2007, 01:21

Oh my yes, he can't be hit with anything other then +5 or better weapons, even when you do this, you do bugger all damage

his stats:
Demogorgon - 290 HP -12 AC -8 THAC0 5 Attacks

not affected by timestop either 8|

didn't get knocked back by my dragons breath .... he was just barely injured by the time I had lost my planetar, deva, elemental prince and 4 characters .... that was when I decided the easy way might be better!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Jan 2007, 02:57

Recipe:

1 Celestial Fury upgraded to +5 by Cespenar
1 Ranger level 27
4 Boosting spells: Bless, Chant, Call upon heavenly might, Haste
2 Special abilities: Greater deathblow, Greater whirlwind attack

Should do the trick I think :-D I'll try it once I get home.

Mightor Magic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mightor Magic » 03 Jan 2007, 03:03

Hmm. Holy Avenger {Keldorn}, Runehammer {Korgan} and that +5 paladin B@stard { Why did that happen?} sword and Foebane duel wielded by Haer Daelis. No wonder my only real problem was the fact it kept turning invisible.

I never got into the habit of using magic, not even the level nine and ten spells. Well, I like Cleric buff/heal magic but that's just comman sense {Protection from Evil 10' is probably the single greatest spell in the game}.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 03 Jan 2007, 03:28

definately the Runehammer, suggest you get Carsomyr upgraded to +6

and watch out for the mariliths, they are a killer! :D

and truesight helps a lot for the dragons and demogorgons that turn invisible all the time

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 06 Jan 2007, 16:32

I'm playing Tale's of the Sword Coast and I encountered bad bug. Transferred Xan to Sword Spider with certain spell and now he's stuck to that form.

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 07 Jan 2007, 11:37

This might seem a little noobish to you all AD&D champions out in this fourm but i haven't even scratch the basic rules and gameplay of it.....................

Can you guys gimme a little help?

(Might be offtopic if so, i am sorry)
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 07 Jan 2007, 11:57

viewforum.php?f=6 Might be a better place to ask, but the basics still will take a lot of explaining. I will however try.

Basic AD&D rules are set up to create and play characters in a fantasy world. If you are just starting I would suggest limiting yourself to these races : Human, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome. And these Classes : Warrior, Cleric, Mage, Thief, Ranger. Now there is Paladins and druids, but I would suggest getting experience before going that route. There are 6 basic stats. They are Str, Dex, Con, Wis, Int, Cha. Strength determines damage in melee combat, how much you can carry, and bonuses to hit in melee combat. Dex (helps) determines AC and to hit bonuses in ranged combat. Con determines bonus hitpoints, and how many times you can be ressurrected (this is a little more advanced however). Wisdom effects priests spell maximum levels, how many bonus spells they get, and some saving throws. Int does the same for Mages plus determines how many languages you can learn. Now Charisma (Cha) has a few effects..price of goods both buying and selling, reaction of people to your character, and also (sometimes) the appearence of your character. I am sure that somebody here can supply you with a link, as this is only a fraction of the basic rules. Hope this helps some though. Actually here is the link I have (thanks to somebody else)...

http://www.d20srd.org
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Jan 2007, 12:08

Mytical wrote: http://www.d20srd.org
This one is 3rd edition, while BG is uses 2nd edition rules if i remember corectly.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 07 Jan 2007, 12:11

Doh, let me see if I can find a 1st and second edition site then :(.

Try http://boards1.wizards.com/archive/inde ... 20521.html or just boards1.wizards.com perhaps. They should have most of the rules available for all the systems. Sadly 1 and 2 are hard to find. If you can afford it and are desperate, some 1st and 2nd addition books can be found in places like ebay, amazon, ect. Try google search or Ask.com or such and you might get lucky also.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 07 Jan 2007, 22:51

well i finished the game .... again .... and to be honest the final fight was kinda easy, but a good time to use those spells and abilities I didn't really use in the game, my triggers and contingencies and the like, a few timestops (even though the end person isn't affected by timestop, the goons are)

was fun .... now tempted to break out ID but I may hold off on that a bit, I think I need a little break from these kind of games, a retreat into UT 2004 is in order methinks!!

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 08 Jan 2007, 03:33

stefan.urlus wrote:well i finished the game .... again .... and to be honest the final fight was kinda easy, but a good time to use those spells and abilities I didn't really use in the game, my triggers and contingencies and the like, a few timestops (even though the end person isn't affected by timestop, the goons are)

was fun .... now tempted to break out ID but I may hold off on that a bit, I think I need a little break from these kind of games, a retreat into UT 2004 is in order methinks!!
Congrats on beating the game again.

(Might be off topic)

UT 2k4?
i love that game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Onslaught mode is a$$ kicking
but still i feel the original unreal has better deathmatch..................
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Jan 2007, 03:43

I believe there is some discussion on this in the FPS thread .... but I love them both, don't mention UT 2003 so much though!

cheers .... not as difficult as it was the first time

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 08 Jan 2007, 16:07

stefan.urlus wrote:was fun .... now tempted to break out ID
I am playing ID2 right now and am quite enjoying it (didn't care as much for ID - never finished it). Though, I find 3rd edition rules to be somewhat needlessly complicated and opaque.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Jan 2007, 12:40

Oh, no... I think I'm hooked again...

This time I'm playing a Kensai and dual-classing him to a mage at level 12. Currently having to duck for cover at every turn as I can't wear any armour nor use any good weapons. Waiting for level 13 Mage-wise so I can get my dual wield back. In the mean time, I'm collecting cool spell scrolls, sipping Intelligence potions and memorizing the spells.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 10 Jan 2007, 22:32

A dualwielding Kensai? Why? Make a Kensai with GM Staff, then go get him the Staff of Wizardry (or whatever it's called- the one that comes with free invisibility). Then watch the carnage. (I take it you know that Kensais can use robes?)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 11 Jan 2007, 01:21

Kensais are killing machines, but I still prefer a calavier due to the Holy Avenger.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Jan 2007, 13:34

I like dual wielding, two katanas hacking and slicing everything to bits... :D

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 15 Jan 2007, 17:35

I prefer a Fighter-Mage dual wielding the Celestial Furry and the Crom Faeyr.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jan 2007, 18:49

Argh.... I've been struggling to finish the Jaheira romance... Man, it's full of bugs. I managed to get it rolling again after returning from the Underdark, but only by removing a file from the override folder.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 16 Jan 2007, 18:56

The nastiest one is the one that requores spending 300 hours in front of the screen. Though otherwise, I didn't find it that buggy (well, excpet the fact that she still romances you if you kick her out and stand near the harper building...)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”