Help bring Star Control back to life!!

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Help bring Star Control back to life!!

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 18 Aug 2006, 16:33

Help the original makers of one of the best series in computer gaming history bring it back to life! Details below:

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/petition/petition.php
"Patching Eternal!"

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Aug 2006, 02:50

i downloaded their version of SC2 and got it to work on my xp comuter with sound and everything, needed some tweaking, but got there .... still a brilliant game
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 21 Aug 2006, 16:35

What's Star Control and why should I care about it?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Aug 2006, 17:29

Campaigner wrote:What's Star Control and why should I care about it?
You have several links on the page explaining it,yet you are too lazy/uninterested to check it out,so you decide to post how you are too lazy/uninterested to check it out? 8|

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 21 Aug 2006, 20:17

DaemianLucifer wrote:You have several links on the page explaining it,yet you are too lazy/uninterested to check it out,so you decide to post how you are too lazy/uninterested to check it out? 8|
I count one link, and it only goes to the petition. You are the last person who gets to complain about post quality. :slap:

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 21 Aug 2006, 20:22

So could anyone explain to us, lazy gamers, what is Star Control and why we should give a damn? Something more than "it`s great game".

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Aug 2006, 20:43

There you go,just followed the links from the page,and got all the info:

http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/Star_Control
http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/Star_Control_II

There are more,but I dont think youd read them.

@Kristo

Just because I post more then others doesnt mean that the percent of my quality posts is lower then the percent of others quality posts.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 Aug 2006, 00:19

in a nutshell, Star Control I was a space shooter game, you controlled ships, the ai had some others and you fought it out, ship v ship (the controls were easy and the number of different ships kept it more than interesting)

star control 2 was a sensational move to a space exploration game, it kept the cor eof combat from the first game, but started you out with a shell of a mothership and you had to help earth overcome the juggernaut of the Ur-Quan and Kohr-Ah (who were in the middle of a power struggle themselves) there where myriad other races, all with their own ships and allegiances, you could war or try to make peace with them, or trick them into joining, or manipulate them into killing themselves, there were more planets to explore, minerals to gather, biological entities to capture and sub-plots to navigate then most games ever include, it was massive

you could design your own mothership (which became a real killing machine towards the end-game) and choose your own warships to fight for you, there were so many choices, and brilliant dialogue

in short (what??) it was and is a great game
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”