Which games do you await?

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 03 Dec 2006, 03:23

Corribus wrote:
dallasmavs41 wrote:God of War 2 is supposed to come out in Febuary or so, I certainly can't wait for it..The first one was one of the best games on the PS2 IMO.
Is it for PS3? I, too, enjoyed the first one.
It's for the PS2. Apparently, judging by the trailer on Gamespot , you get to ride around and rip the heads off flying enemies(I believe Griffins).

Either way, I found God of War to be a tad repetitive and, considering the liberties it took with its mythology, I can only conclude theyr used the setting to exploit nerdish tendencies. Despite this, I do love the onscreen button prompts the game makes so much use of(Resident Evil 4 does it better though and it's for the PS2 as well).
Hell has frozen over...

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 03 Dec 2006, 04:59

I'm waiting for Fallout 3 and Master of Magic 2 (whenever the respective companies decide to make them :disagree: ...been waiting for a few years now). Master of Magic is, IMO, one of the best fantasy strategy games ever made (even though it was plagued by endless bugs and the AI cheated relentlessly in the higher difficulty levels...ouch that sounded like Heroes V :S...ohh, shouldn't have said that). Fallout is also a masterpiece. Fallout 2 didn't have that same feel, but was also an awesome game IMO.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 04 Dec 2006, 02:52

I think the wait for MoM 2 is gonna take longer
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 04 Dec 2006, 08:35

stefan.urlus wrote:I think the wait for MoM 2 is gonna take longer
Aren't Fallout 3 under development? Stardock is making a 4x TBS and since Atari refused to sell the MoM rights they're gonna make it with another name. But Brad Wardell (CEO and A.I programmer) say that they like MoM and that they're gonna take the best features from Master of Magic so you can maybe say that it will be a spiritual successor to MoM like Supreme Commander is to Total Annihilation and Bioshock is to System Shock 2.
And that makes me think that Stardocks TBS will be the ultimate 4x TBS.
(Yeah, pretty high goals but I think they can pull it off).

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 04 Dec 2006, 08:39

I still want FF XII and FF XIII. I know 12 is out and probably 13 but since I don't have the consoles to play them I am still waiting to play them :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 04 Dec 2006, 08:42

Mytical wrote:I still want FF XII and FF XIII. I know 12 is out and probably 13 but since I don't have the consoles to play them I am still waiting to play them :).
Heh, I want part 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 on my computer that works. I got 7 but they don't work with WinXP. There's a compatibility patch but I need another .exe and then the game doesn't work....

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 04 Dec 2006, 08:44

I was hoping to snaffle a copy of XII for christmas! But then it's being released here sometime in 07!!???! after being available in Japan in March of this year, that's a disgrace!

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 04 Dec 2006, 23:33

stefan.urlus wrote:I was hoping to snaffle a copy of XII for christmas! But then it's being released here sometime in 07!!???! after being available in Japan in March of this year, that's a disgrace!
Aaah the 80-ies and 90-ies of game releases....I had to wait 6 months go get DOOM 64 from when it was released in Japan! Japan: March Usa: Juni Europe: September

I don't know WHY it takes so frigging long to release games in other parts of the world....I think it's because they translate those worthless manuals that nobody except me read which is worthless anyway since even an idiot knows that keycards open doors and how dangerous a certain weapon is after using it a few times.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 06 Dec 2006, 01:46

yes .... although I will say that the translations in FF take a bit, cause it's so story driven, but once it's in "American" it should be pretty easy to translate to english ;)

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”