Titan's Quest

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jul 2006, 10:23

You know, we have Titan Quest displayed at our Marketplace... :x
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 28 Jul 2006, 11:15

Stamp a warning/beware at it including why... :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jul 2006, 12:26

stefan.urlus wrote:multi or single player TT?
Single. It also has weird slowdowns on my PC sometimes, when it's loading creatures or something. Of course, it shouldn't do that on a better PC.

But i didn't put any patches on it. And i also didn't play alot, just not iin the mood for a Diablo clone right now.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Jul 2006, 01:53

hmmm .... well since i am waiting for a while before buying, i can hope that the stability is patched before i get it

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 29 Jul 2006, 05:43

I have 2 characters. One level 34 druid and one level 31 trapper and have only had 2 crashes and no other issues. I'd have to say that is pretty stable considering the number of hours to get them both to their levels. However, as I stated before, I have not played multiplayer. Maybe I'll give that a try to see how stable it is for me.

A new patch came out a few days ago so if anyone is having issues be sure to use the autoupdater to patch up to the current patch.

I also read that a lot of crash reports have come from non legitimate copies of the games. Not saying there aren't any issues with legitimate copies of the game, I just have not experienced any yet.

GOW

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Jul 2006, 06:05

thanks GOW .... good to know that you haven't had too many problems, and that the makers are patching

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 03 Aug 2006, 03:14

A warning to anybody who plans on purchasing the game. A pure melee strategy is a very painful prospect on legendary difficulty. Kiss good-bye to leveling up on a consistent basis. Of course, I could be biased by my own Conqueror's failings. Unstoppable melee fighter my foot! :disagree:

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 03 Aug 2006, 11:31

You might feel better to hear that it is not your fault, the game is freakishly hard for melee characters in higher levels, they need much better equipment compared to casters to stay competitive, actually they usually need a magic skill tree in the first place..

Needles
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Needles » 03 Aug 2006, 12:51

Most of my chrashes happened in 1.01 verion from box, every 30 minutes or so it would chrash me to desktop. I also tried multiplayer over lan with friend and game was not synchronised most of the time, it would kick out one player after 5-10 minutes, etc. Hardware or connection was not the problem (I have Athlon64 3200+, 1Gb ram, x800xt and 1Mbit dsl, friend has Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1Gb ram, x1800xt and 1 Mbit dsl). After patch 1.08 i stopped having any singleplayer problems but i didnt test multiplayer yet, current patch is 1.11.
-System of a down-

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 03 Aug 2006, 14:22

Yeah, getting one-hit killed in Colossus form, is really lame. In Legendary mode, you usually have to sacrifice really good gear with 5 or 6 enchantments for a piece of random armor with a specific resistance. Even if you have good gear, you'd be amazed at how fast 2 neanderthals can kill you. And you'll love the -100,000 exp loss when you kick it.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 03 Aug 2006, 17:58

Well it is not very 'brutish' or conqueror-like perhaps, but you might want to have a bow that would help you pick baddies one by one in a group; the usual 'fire an arrow, aggrevate the unfortunate guy, and change to melee to change his anatomy' tactic..

You can change your skill distributions, you know that don't you? You can design a whole new Conqueror -I hear that Ancestral Horn can win the day in tight spots, might want to try that, but I believe there is no way a melee character can be as powerful as any caster, not in this game...

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 03 Aug 2006, 20:30

I do use a bow quite frequently to lure monsters out. I even killed Talos the Autonomon hero with one. That only took about 10 minutes or so.

You have no idea how much money I've spent on skill redistribution. Rough guess, probably close to 10 million. I haven't found Ancestral Horn very useful, but War Horn is great when the stun lasts longer than the min 1.5 seconds. The only skills I really use in Warfare now are dodge and the onslaught tree. That's about it. I rely on Defense for offense.

Wh1te Out
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wh1te Out » 27 Aug 2006, 00:15

I am playing as Thane (Storm + Warfare), just got him into Epic and I love the character. I have a feeling that I'll be spending a tremendous amount of gold on re-skilling as I progress, too, but I don't mind since I enjoy the character so much.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Aug 2006, 02:06

and i still need to spend about, oh, 80 shiny gold pieces to even get the game!!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 31 Aug 2006, 07:07

Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Sep 2006, 04:21

A game breaking bug you say...Seen it near the very begining.Use a portal and wham!Back to desktop :( Cool effects!Though items are hardly visible when they fall on the ground.

A quest editor?Well,well...The game suddenly became a bit more interesting :devious:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Sep 2006, 21:19

Ouch!Now this I didnt expect.A few crashes here and there are nothing too bad.But the recent crash deleted my character 8|

Any fixes?Aside from patch,I have that one.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 09 Sep 2006, 15:05

I stopped playing it all together. It was fun at first, but I don't have the will to slug it through epic and getting 1-hit killed along the way. No point in playing a game that angers the heck out of you.

Supa_Dogy_Dragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Supa_Dogy_Dragon » 18 Sep 2006, 11:39

:disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
I spent a lot of days playing Diablo II. I was a paladin completed all da game. But since there was a exp. pack i bought it the first day for about 500 LTL (in dollars that would be .... about 400) and i finished it with da same guy. Then i heard my friends talking about new expansion... Titan quest... Hell know what's that! So first i bought a magazine with that game's review and... It was a diffrent game , something like a clone or sh**. Well still i bought it. Hell know :devil: :devil: ! It was amazing but quite a ... Dunno... that game needs something.....
But I would give this new company 10+ ! THe first game was amazing for such a new company!
Wazap

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 24 Sep 2006, 16:14

The new TQ balance patch is out.

Here are the changes:
http://www.titanquest.net/developer-dig ... notes.html

Here is the patch(or use the autoupdater):
http://www.titanquest.net/developer-dig ... -live.html

I'm working on a HOMM5 map so I won't likely be trying this for a while but it is good to see the company continuing to improve a good game.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”