Titan's Quest

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 19 Jul 2006, 05:51

Yeah, I bought Titan Quest a couple weeks ago. I have already started epic with a couple of characters. Be forewarned the game gets challanging if you are a pure melee class. I'm using a Conqueror and got pounded fighting a colossus autonomon. I'm also using a Summoner, which can be fun, but you have to plan it carefully. Thankfully you can redistribute points.

As for my two characters, my Conqueror is level 37 and my Summoner is 33. The Conqueror mostly has the passive shield abilities maxed and a lot of the adrenaline stuff, mixed with the onslaught attack of warfare. I had to sacrifice colossus for the aforementioned autonomon fight. As for my Summoner, I was using wolves and sylphs combined with heart of oak, but scrapped them all in favor of an earth elemental and eruption.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Jul 2006, 09:27

they sound like some interesting abilities OD

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 19 Jul 2006, 16:44

One thing I find nice about the spellcasters is that they all get a summon or two that scales in power as you progress through the difficulty levels. Like I said above, the game is definetely worth picking up if you are a fan of the Diablo series.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 19 Jul 2006, 17:40

The nice thing in Titan Quest is that if you're not satisfied with your skill selection you can go to adude and pay to reset it all, so you don't have to start over like you had to in D2.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 19 Jul 2006, 17:47

Yeah. It gets expensive though. I've spent millions in epic trying to recreate my Conqueror. But at least it caps at 45,000 gold per skill point, which isn't that bad on the higher difficulties.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 19 Jul 2006, 21:08

Got me interested in Titan Quest now. Will get it soon.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 20 Jul 2006, 02:22

Well campaigner, if you liked Diablo 2, then you should, because the game is simply a 3D Diablo2 that takes place in ancient Greece, Egypt and China (with a level featuring the Gardens of Babylon)..

I have a level 50 druid (that is storm and nature masteries) and things are tough now in legendary difficulty.. I have good stuff as well, however that means little when you have monsters that hit for half your HP in one shot, and come in packs of four and five..

Normal difficulty is a joke, even easier than Diablo's normal, but higher difficulties, especially if you are a fighter type, is hard and will have you on your toes all the time..

By the way gold is never ever a problem, the best stuff is almost always 'bartered' from monsters, so don't waste lots of time amassing it.. I currently have more than 100 million gold and I stopped picking every magic item on my way a long time ago.. This certainly is something the developers should work on for future patches, the highest priced item I've seen so far was 28 million, and it wasn't for two million for me, was an amulet having stats something like -55% hit points, -20 HP/sec, but +30% experience. Half hit points? I'll skip, thanks...

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby VortexD » 20 Jul 2006, 03:00

You guys are evil, now I want to get Titan Quest as well... :devil:
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 20 Jul 2006, 14:57

How is the druid working out for you cornellian? I had thought of that route, but I opted for a summoner instead to get the golem. All I really have going for my character is Heart of Oak, a slightly upgraded golem, refresh, volcano, and a point in volatility.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 20 Jul 2006, 20:56

Omega_Destroyer wrote:How is the druid working out for you cornellian? I had thought of that route, but I opted for a summoner instead to get the golem. All I really have going for my character is Heart of Oak, a slightly upgraded golem, refresh, volcano, and a point in volatility.
Well Omega Destroyer, I figured the summoner, actually the whole Earth tree is more suited to a close combat type (check out the epic/legendary item list on Gamefaqs, and you'll see that most of the stuff suited for Earth users have high strength reqs, somewhat proving this point). I wanted my character to be like my Sorceress in Diablo2, so I picked up Storm instead of Earth.

So, how is it working out for me? Well it was good until Legendary, where I began to die much more often. I went all for lightning/chain lightning damage with every single thing I wear giving +% elemental or +% lightning damage bonuses (not to mention the wisp's extremely useful +110% elemental damage ability), and it worked like a charm in normal and epic; but in legendary some monsters don't even go down with 2 lightnings, and you can't spam lightnings like you can spam ice damage. If my equipment wasn't good, then I don't think I'd stand a chance or at least would have to be very careful in legendary.

Storm is good when you invest points in it, but it can't make you a killing machine alone, for most monsters can close in pretty quick. You need extras to die for you, and that's where nature comes into play. I always summon 2 wolves (6/15 skill), the nymph (1/15 skill) along with my wisp (1/15 skill), so I'm not alone.. Wolves die a lot in legendary and aren't quite as good tanks as the golem, but I only use mana for summoning, healing and lightning, so I simply recast them as they go down..

Still, even with the summons, a maxed Heart of Oak is a must for me, as I tend to be rather reckless in engaging monsters. I also have maxed Regrowth for I practically have no resistances at all and being able to heal for 1610 points every 5-6 seconds might prolong your career as a hero :D. My plan basically is sending my summons to die while I pound the baddies with lightning and my staff (that does very good damage: with wisp's ability, around 1750 damage per sec), and heal myself when I'm hit, which is all the time :)...

Lately I've been experiencing with Plague, and can easily say that I should have picked it right from the start, picked it and maxed it; and I think so should anyone that has Nature.. It works wonders in groups, is pretty good for single tough monsters and is essential for boss fights as I recently found out in legendary Act I Telkine.. You can check this site http://www.titancalc.com/ to try out different configurations with your character, there you'll also see how crippling plague can be as it jumps from monster to monster and can jump back to the initial target.. Good luck with your summoner, I'll post here as I advance through the final two acts..

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 21 Jul 2006, 00:31

I believe refresh is easily the best skill in the game. I would be doomed wihtout being able to cast Eruption all the time. I only have one point invested in it, but with eruption wiping out almost everybody it connects with on epic difficulty, I really don't need to worry about mana at the moment. I am a bit concerned about putting my eggs in one basket concerning legendary difficulty, but I'll adapt. I tested out plague as well awhile back, but since the nature summons aren't great at pulling, I found I still had to run away from mobs. But it defeintly has its merrits against bosses.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Jul 2006, 04:05

stop it people .... it becomes a must get!!!

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 21 Jul 2006, 15:21

Then go get it already! :D

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 26 Jul 2006, 04:56

i would but then found out it's retailing at $89.95 at EB and i don't have a birthday coming up soon .... for some reason i thought this game was not a new release .... well i hope to get it for christmas (unless i can con the game before that)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jul 2006, 11:57

Man, i really hate the Diablo Low Quality, Cracked, Crude, Damaged, Superior etc. item thingy.

And why the heck is an Iron weapon better then a Bronze one? Stupid AoE, bronze was better, iron was just cheaper and easier to make into weapons.

The skill system seems very interesting, and the graphics are good.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Needles
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Needles » 27 Jul 2006, 07:03

I would think twice before giving 90$ for Titan quest, this game is so unstable and has so many bugs, LAN multyplayer is unplayable, already has number of patches and fixes....
-System of a down-

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 27 Jul 2006, 07:39

do other people also have issues with stability for this game, would be good to know if they do before buying it :D

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 27 Jul 2006, 11:26

I have not had any issues with stability. However, I have not played multiplayer and my computer's specs are above the recommended specs.

GOW

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jul 2006, 11:31

Yup, crashed to the desktop a few times.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Jul 2006, 01:46

multi or single player TT?

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”