Diablo

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 19 Jan 2007, 12:47

Panda Tar wrote:But I think I'll be utterly proud of myself if I manage beating Hell with an Assassin. I felt her so weak when reached Hell that I cannot bear the thought of giving up the game. :)
What kind of assassin are you playing?

I've taken a lightning sentry-fireblast sin, a phoenix striker, and a kicker through hell. Sins have some very good one point wonder skills that help out greatly.

In 1.10 and after all areas have levels associated with them. Monsters in the higher levels are capable of droping better stuff. The Pits (Tamoe Highland) and mauseleum (by Bloodraven) in act 1 are level 85 areas where any item in the game can drop. The ancient tunnels in act 2 lost city is another example. So magic find is not limited to running only bosses now.

Baal runs can still give ok experience until around level 94/95 but after that leveling becomes quite tedious.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Jan 2007, 14:31

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:What kind of assassin are you playing?
I have just developed one assassin, so she wasn't that good at balacing. I went with her with Death sentries, and corpse explosion ones (but haven't developed them further). She had those charging Snake, Phoenix and the very first one. The shadow techniques, I believe, cuz it's been almost 2 years I last played it, I was developing the passive Claws abilities, that skill which speeds up her and that cloak one too. :)

I just thought she had too many good skills and I was a bit in a lost of decision on which of those I would follow. :S
I've taken a lightning sentry-fireblast sin, a phoenix striker, and a kicker through hell. Sins have some very good one point wonder skills that help out greatly.
I'd like some tips if you could describe your assassins a bit. :-D
Baal runs can still give ok experience until around level 94/95 but after that leveling becomes quite tedious.
The max I reached was 85, me thinks, using a druid. It was getting really difficult leveling up, so I started wondering why I was still playing. :D I stick myself on the subject of completing the Druid set. I've never found the armor. ;|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 20 Jan 2007, 13:33

For a lightning sentry fireblast build see this excellent guide.
http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=513

You will probably not be able to put quite as many points into fireblast early as he recommends due to mana constraints. Also I put only one point into shadow warrior and shadow master so I can put more points into synergies. Be sure to use your one point wonders like cloak of shadows and mind blast. I recommend using the fade aura most of the time for the extra resists and hidden physical damage reduction. At times when you are sure you are safe and need to use fireblast you can switch to the burst of speen aura so you can throw fireblasts faster.

Consider a phoenix striker to be a fighter mage as play her as such. Here is a good guide for a phoenix striker.
http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=599

You can find a kicker guide here:
http://s94360530.onlinehome.us/d2/assassin-kicksin.htm
Maxing death sentry will help your killing speed. Putting enough points in shadow master to get a sturdy shadow can be helpful too.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”