Thief

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Thief

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jul 2006, 04:41

Ive just realised that Ive mentioned this game a lot of times,yet I never opened a thread for it.

I remember when the first thief appeared.The marked was saturated with FPSs that had no brains in them.Just shoot your way through mindless hords of enemies with some lame story behind your slaughter.But thief brought so much inovation.Your skill in the shadow arts and planing was much more important then how fast your triger finger is,or how accurate your shots go.Although thief was a game where real accuracy counted a lot.This is the first game in which I saw the full affect of gravity on your arrows.And the story of it...Marvelous!

[SPOILER WARNING][/color]

Enter the life of gareth,a very skilled thief raised by a misterious sect known only as the keepers,yet he decided to continue on his own.But faith and destiny had much more planed for our hero.Involved in the plots of gods he is to prevent the destruction of the world by an evil trickster,and loose an eye in that attempt.

[/SPOILER WARNING]

And the chalange of this game.Ugh!Thief thought me to always play a game on normal at first,with just a few exceptions to this rule.

The second part improved in everything.The graphics,the physics,and especially the chalange.One of the very few games I never finished without cheating.I know,Im ashamed of it :ashamed:

Continue the life of gareth,a thief with a fake eye,in this twisted world where magic and technology conflict.Save the world once more by killing a lunatic hamerite that wants to take over the world™.And the fate is so ironic here since youll be aided by one of the very gods you fought against.

[/SPOILER WARNING]

Though the third part again improved on the graphycs and gameplay,the dificulty was nerfed down alot.And I do mean a lot.This one is such a relief for all of you those that lost their nerves in the previous two parts.

The final saga of gareth when he conflicts his former tutors,the keepers,and unreviels the plot started many years ago.Ending with gareth finding a of his own.

[/SPOILER WARNING]

What can I say?A series trully worth of your time.But if you lack the nerves to play this extremly frustrating game,where even the smallest error can cost you your life,dont bother even starting.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”