Night Watch

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Night Watch

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 08 Jul 2006, 04:09

In case anybody was wondering how another Nival game is, I'll post this topic for you. I recently purchased the game and have gotten pretty far into it. The story is good and the sound isn't too bad, but the graphics are very dated and the gameplay is pretty weak. "Boss" characters suffer from SNK Boss Syndrome, being very over-powered and not expectedly being immune to a great deal of spells while pounding you with the same. The ability to chose between 3 classes of play is nice, but it really doesn't matter considering you'll have comrades who pick up the 2 other classes. I've seen one review of the game so far of a 4/10 and in my opinion, that is a fair score. I'd give it no greater than 5.

On a side note, Night Watch is good at what Heroes 5 isn't and vice-verisa. Night Watch has a good story and decent voice acting, but dated graphics and repetivie gameplay. Heroes 5 has great graphics and gameplay, but the story was weak and the voice acting was pretty bad. Maybe if Nival combined the two, they could make an excellant game. Night Watch of Might & Magic anybody?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Night Watch

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jul 2006, 06:47

Omega_Destroyer wrote: Maybe if Nival combined the two, they could make an excellant game. Night Watch of Might & Magic anybody?
Or a completly awful game. It can go both ways.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 08 Jul 2006, 15:33

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the hit probability is pretty messed up in the game. My character's have had 4 attacks, with 96% probability of connecting each time, miss every time. It's quite aggravating to waste precious attacks.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”