World of Warcraft

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 27 Jul 2006, 06:56

stefan.urlus wrote:nice change of av orfinn .... much more .... nordic :)
Yeah it was about time too show off my muscles and the kick ass two handed greataxe, bring on the mead! :devious:

ShadeOfSandro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ShadeOfSandro » 10 Aug 2006, 18:34

First of all, when your guild is good BWL only takes about 3 hours and MC at most 4, so 7 hours for 50+ epics isn't too bad (even a chance of a legendary from one boss).

To me the most fun part of WoW is the Level 60 content, I hated leveling it was the most boring thing ever, grinding mobs for hours and doing the same quests over and over, oh yeah the names changed but the ideas remained the same, kill this guy, get me some of that, take this over there.

At level 60 endgame opens up to you and you get a chance to group up with 39 other people and learn epic encounters. None of the boss fights are easy your first, they all have a learning curve(I'll admit once you learn them they do become tedious.) But Blizzard keeps me happy by releasing new content at about the time my guild clears their latest endgame dungeon.

I only play wow 15 hours a week and I am already starting to collect pieces for my Tier 3 set, so it's not all about how much time you have to play it's more about finding a good guild of people you enjoy playing with. My guild has an 18+ rule also, and that helps limit drama tremendously.

Daxtreme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Daxtreme » 11 Aug 2006, 20:02

How do they know you're 18+ ?

Anyways...

Good point there ShadeOfSandro.

But there are things one like and others don't like.

It really depends on who you are and what you await from the game. Personally, I loved Leveling. I liked MC (Especially the fact that when the game just went out and the ONLY epic-dropping instance was MC, I was like : Yahoo I'm in the PWNER group now, GIMME EPIXX !)

But then... Every single guild get used to MC, and BWL comes out. It's exactly the same thing, but now everyone has 23801289 DKPs (and are ready to get loots) and it's harder. Means more time except if your guild is really good. Mine wasn't really. But then, to earn more DKPs you could farm. I didn't have time. I had a life so the other warlocks got more DKPs.

And you guess what happens next...

Anyways. I just hate the fact that you're stuck with one character. Leveling another one just to enjoy being a ... Mage for example is too long to be worth it. 60 levels is too long so you stay with your only class (Warlock here) and never enjoy playing others...

It's too long!

I also hate the fact this game is all about future. If you do... a quest (or hours of grinding), the reward will be something. This something usually sucks because the risk vs. rewards are always not good enough. You play 20 hours and more to get.... an item (sometimes only more reputation.... which leads to items) ?!! What the...

I liked the idea of instances though. Instances rock.

Now, in reply to what you wrote... 4 hours of MC ? yea ok.

But 3 of BWL ? Nah sorry BWL is at least 2 times longer than MC. Razor lasts for eternity since you have to do 2 "different fights". The mobs stall (and are long) and the other bosses, except Vael, are long to kill.

You must also count priests going afk during bosses.........

That new content you speak of... It's always grinding. No matter what you do in WoW it always becomes grinding. Grind for epics, grind for rep, grind for honor. At least while doing quests the mobs and situations change !

You know what's the most funny part about WoW ? Random-PvP. Meeting Horde members (if you're Alliance) in the wilderness, while he or you is/are grinding. Or even better, meeting a Horde group when you're with a group also.

That was insanely fun and was the only way to PvP when WoW just got out. When Battlegrounds came... Honor grinding came also with them.

To whoever reads our discussion... Try WoW before judging. Many people say many different opinions about this game, and it sure rocks.

I'm just tired of it after 1 complete year of playing ;)

ShadeOfSandro
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ShadeOfSandro » 03 Sep 2006, 02:53

This weeks MC Clear - 2hrs 12 minutes; BWL clear 3hrs 4 minutes. So yeah maybe my times were off, but not in the direction you thought. Just get in a guild that has them on extreme farm status and you fly through them. BWL is pretty short because it has minimal trash. AQ and Naxx take forever tho.

Ironman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironman » 12 Oct 2006, 10:34

i used to play wow, i played it free with one of those player created servers, i liked it a lot but i didnt get very far as my computer got a virus and it takes a very long time to set up wow for free playing so i havent started again.

i might in the future but for now i just play diablo on saturdays and thats pretty much all the computers games i play other than the times i play heroes 3 ( i had 4 but lost it and have 5 but i dont have a dvd drive and didnt bother to read the package when i bought it because i was crying with joy, i really gotta find my heroes 4 though. although i do spend a lot of time on my good ole pal ecus bocus or XBOX (star wars battlefronts 2 mainly).

but anyway i had some positive feed back on WoW, it was fun. never got to lvl 60 so i dont know bout all that stuff, i just freestyled it, i played it for the game not for the stats and the crazy ass items. in my opinion i probably enjoyed it more on the player created server than on the real wow because the mods on that were nice guys and made it a very different game in many ways to what i have seen with real wow. also with real wow you dont see an ogre which has had his size increased by a mod hitting forward and somehow hitting a tiny horse near its feet and killing it.

Silent Rogue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Silent Rogue » 04 Nov 2006, 21:25

World of warcraft is...Awesome...Rogues rule mon' best PvP class eva.Image who ever comes to this world never comes out

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 09 May 2007, 18:20

I'm having a trial account and I think it's good. I got a pal to play with but without him I don't want to play since I want a few reliable people to play with.

I'm a Night Elf Hunter called RageHunter fighting for the Alliance at Frostmane. Lots of Swedes there :)

So add me to your friendslist and lets to quest :-D

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”