Final Fantasy

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
SventheCrusader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Final Fantasy

Unread postby SventheCrusader » 02 Jun 2006, 18:36

Any fans of Final Fantasy out there but me? I'm curious: How many of my fellow forum-goers like the FF series? Raise your hand if you do! :hoo:
Sven Svensson, the Crusader:

One man who really needs to stay committed to this "sticking around" thing.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 02 Jun 2006, 19:13

I do! Well, I'm much more fond of the older ones. I just played FFVIII but to be honest I got kind of bored with it towards the end and so never finished it. I'm going to go back and play FFVI now, for the first time.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 03 Jun 2006, 10:34

I think I've played (but not finished) 1-6, and played and finished 7-9 for sure. Fell of then, have played some of the later PS2 titles beloning to my little brother.

Good series, all in all :)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

DungeonMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DungeonMaster » 03 Jun 2006, 14:32

:victory: (does this count as raising my hand?)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jun 2006, 17:07

I finished VIII, but never played another. Damn consoles...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 03 Jun 2006, 18:07

I played 5, 6, 7, 8, and a little bit of 10.
The 6th is the one I liked the most (especially because of the cool storyline and characters). The seventh has those minigames and bonus stuff, so it's a close 2nd place. I remember I had leveled my Cloud up to Lvl 99 with Quadra Slash (did 9999 x 4 damage each turn :P). Still I couldn't beat the "Weapons" (Bonus ultrapowerful bosses).

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 03 Jun 2006, 18:08

I'm a fan of the series!

Played every FF game from I to IX.

My favourite part is FF VII. I didn't finish it but I managed to went through most of it (finished when one of the Weapons attacks Midgard), and my favourite character is Red XIII...

I would really like to play the PS2 FF games but I don't have a PS2 :(
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 04 Jun 2006, 01:31

Finished FF II (Celes, Golbez) around a year ago and thought the story was great. Played FF III (Kefka) shortly thereafter but never finished it. Got tired of the old graphics and I was behind in PC games (needed to finish Deus Ex. Did it 10min ago actually :D)

Seen a bit of FF VII but never played it myself. Couldn't get it to run on my PC (damn game is too old!)

P.S: I write the famous characters since the versions are different in Japan, USA and Europe.
Last edited by Campaigner on 06 Jun 2006, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

DungeonMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DungeonMaster » 05 Jun 2006, 12:22

I am pretty sure I played 8 and thats the only one.

I played it for PS2 if anyone cares.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 Jun 2006, 12:32

I played FF6, 7 and 9, but FF6 is still the best of the series IMO. The difficulty was insane, but the story was really good. And you simply cannot forget the 21 minutes-long ending scene ^^

But my favorite japanese-RPG is still Chrono Cross. It's hard to play a Final Fantasy after tasting the marvelous CC... (just my opinion, of course)

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 05 Jun 2006, 13:44

Chrono Cross?? What r u nuts? 8|
The storyline was poo, especially after you fought that Miguel guy (Who was the strongest enemy of the game, and was supposed to "help" you). After that point the story went to hell, lots of illogical plot twists.

Now, have you played Chrono Trigger? Now THAT is a game.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 Jun 2006, 13:56

Crusard wrote:Chrono Cross?? What r u nuts? 8|
The storyline was poo, especially after you fought that Miguel guy (Who was the strongest enemy of the game, and was supposed to "help" you). After that point the story went to hell, lots of illogical plot twists.

Now, have you played Chrono Trigger? Now THAT is a game.
I totally disagree with you about Chrono Cross. Having different tastes than yours doesn't mean i'm nuts, by the way.

But yes, I have played Chrono Trigger, and yes, that was a game.

Entreri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Entreri » 05 Jun 2006, 17:40

Yeah i played and all the parts from I-X2 and now im looking for XI and XII cool to know that so many ppl like FF :D

DungeonMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DungeonMaster » 06 Jun 2006, 04:35

did anyone else hate FF 11 or 12 i forget which one but everyone said they hated it cause it was multiplayer only which ticked alot of people off but grabbed the attention of a few

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 06 Jun 2006, 13:58

DungeonMaster wrote:did anyone else hate FF 11 or 12 i forget which one but everyone said they hated it cause it was multiplayer only which ticked alot of people off but grabbed the attention of a few
I believe that was FFXI, and no I didn't play it because multiplayer games don't interest me at all.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DungeonMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DungeonMaster » 07 Jun 2006, 01:26

ok thanks, thats what i thought, but anyway how did everyone else like the game?

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 08 Jun 2006, 00:55

Despite having played most of them I really do not like them much anymore. The characters just seem really...and FFVI, the best of them all, still has far too many melodramatic moments to really justify itself as a terribly well written piece of fiction.

Kefka is cool though! :D
Hell has frozen over...

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”