Stories of Blizzard games (may contain H5 spoilers)

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Jun 2006, 17:26

DaemianLucifer wrote: Well it is the same people that wrot those storie,so your bound to see similarities.Just like youll see loads of similarities in grimm brothers fairy tales.
Yeah, but i prefer them to be more subtle.

@ClownRoyal

Well the Blood Elves are just Night Elves painted red with pink skin. At least the Dranei are more modified.

The thing that's really stupid is the whole Dranei = Eredar crap. Why in the Nine Hells of Baator and the Infinite Layers of the Abyss did they do that?! Just so they can add a few more quests to the game?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

St0rmB0lt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby St0rmB0lt » 27 Jul 2006, 06:30

I still am/was naive enought never to suspect aribeth, arthas or kerrigen.

WoW has messed up the previously good storyline, i'm dissapointed with blizzard.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jul 2006, 11:39

St0rmB0lt wrote:I still am/was naive enought never to suspect aribeth, arthas or kerrigen.
Well Kerrigan wasn't exactly so focused upon as Arthas before her corruption, and she was supposed to be dead.

But Aribeth really pissed me off, I hate it when it's so obvious and there's nothing you can do. If i could have she would have been under observation 24/7. And I would have beaten some sense into Fenthick, so he'd run away and hide. Idiots. :disagree:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Jul 2006, 11:47

Kerrigan was the only real surprise.When the overmind said "Arise Kerrigan"I was really stunned.

With arthas,you could see the change,and I quite expected to see him do that.Although the animation of him killing his father was very nice.Even though the transformation was expected,it was very nicely done.Thats why blizzard is the master of storytelling.

As for aribeth,well that one was pretty dumb.Especially because I had such a nice chat with her.You would expect that after such a chat she would reconsider,or that you could put her under the key,but no,she had to betray.Pffft!It is a mistery why TSR chose this route.Its not like they cannot think of a great story by themselves(look at BG,or NWN expansions).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jul 2006, 12:13

DaemianLucifer wrote: As for aribeth,well that one was pretty dumb.Especially because I had such a nice chat with her.You would expect that after such a chat she would reconsider,or that you could put her under the key,but no,she had to betray.
Well havng a nice chat with her does give you the posibility to get make her back on your side at the end. Of course she dies anyway, as per the story he gives you in HotU.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 27 Jul 2006, 14:13

Kerrigan was done nicely. Before her "death" she looked more like a secondary character, like a girlfriend of Rayonar.
I just hope they won`t make World of Starcraft...
The thing that's really stupid is the whole Dranei = Eredar crap. Why in the Nine Hells of Baator and the Infinite Layers of the Abyss did they do that?! Just so they can add a few more quests to the game?
With this thing i lost faith in Blizzard. I mean guy which wrote story for whole wc world doesn`t know what he wrote?

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

The greatest story ever told... again

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 27 Jul 2006, 15:55

I read somewhere (a forum on Stephen King if I remember correctly) that there are only 10 stories to be told.

Ten.

What makes a good writer is the way he/she exploids his/her skills in presenting it. That's what gives us the impression that We are reading a different story.

But there's nothing new under the sun
(or under the dark passages of a remote dungeon...)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jul 2006, 18:47

Maybe 10 interesting stories.... why i could tell you of the time i went to the market. I bought some tomatoes. Fun times :devil:

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”