Neverwinter Nights News

Because we play other games too.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Neverwinter Nights News

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » May 18 2006, 5:19

Since there are a number of HOMM fanatics who also enjoy rpgs I though I'd pass this along.

"Infinite Dungeons" is a new premium module that will be released soon. From the description it looks like it will be worth the money, though it is a large download for those of us who still use dial up. I probably won't be initially downloading it since HOMM5 comes out about the same time here in the US but it is something to keep an eye on.

Infinite Dungeons Premium Module May 24
http://nwn.bioware.com/premium/module_i ... geons.html


If you have ever used the fan made PRC pak for neverwinter nights you will probably want to download this. If you have never tried it, it adds tons of content. New races, spells, skills, classes, ect. While I have not tried this new version yet I have played with the versions that came before 3.0.

Player Resource Consortium version 3.0b
http://www.nwn-prc.com/

GOW

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23260
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » May 19 2006, 1:34

Speaking of NWN:

NWN 2 system requirements:

„Minimum, right now, is looking like a 2.4GHz P4, 512MB of RAM, NVidia 5600Ultra or ATI 9500pro or better and broadband for multiplayer.”
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Image

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel
Posts: 1432
Joined: 27 Nov 2005

Postby ByteBandit » May 21 2006, 5:42

I just downloaded update Ver. 1.67 but I can't figure out how to install the thing. I still have everything in a zip file. Where do I put the large FTP file, and do I replace the existing 2DA zipped file? Help would be appreciated.

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » May 21 2006, 8:26

ThunderTitan wrote:Speaking of NWN:

NWN 2 system requirements:

„Minimum, right now, is looking like a 2.4GHz P4, 512MB of RAM, NVidia 5600Ultra or ATI 9500pro or better and broadband for multiplayer.”


Everything is starting to require broadband now. I guess its getting time for me to look into DSL.

From what I remembered 1.67 unziped to an executable and I just ran that.

Edit: Have you tried the update button when you launch the game? It should search for an update and automatically install it.

GOW

User avatar
Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer
Posts: 392
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Contact:

Re: Neverwinter Nights News

Postby Derek » May 21 2006, 15:49

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:Since there are a number of HOMM fanatics who also enjoy rpgs I though I'd pass this along.

"Infinite Dungeons" is a new premium module that will be released soon. From the description it looks like it will be worth the money, though it is a large download for those of us who still use dial up. I probably won't be initially downloading it since HOMM5 comes out about the same time here in the US but it is something to keep an eye on.

Infinite Dungeons Premium Module May 24
http://nwn.bioware.com/premium/module_i ... geons.html


If you have ever used the fan made PRC pak for neverwinter nights you will probably want to download this. If you have never tried it, it adds tons of content. New races, spells, skills, classes, ect. While I have not tried this new version yet I have played with the versions that came before 3.0.

Player Resource Consortium version 3.0b
http://www.nwn-prc.com/

GOW


Ah, before I go...

'Infinite Dunegons' is looking to be loads of fun. I have bought two of the other premium modules, 'Kingmakers' and 'Pirates of the Sword Coast' and was entertained by them, more so 'Kingmaker' which is one of the best rpgs I have ever played. I cannot wait until I can run around in Undermountain in random dungeons, by all accounts over 1000 possible dungeons, with my pals and slap some Archmage around. Good times, good times.
Hell has frozen over...

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel
Posts: 1432
Joined: 27 Nov 2005

Postby ByteBandit » May 24 2006, 4:58

Well, when I DLed 1.67, I did it from the NWN update when I ran the game. I got the zip file, but there was no EXE included unfortunately. Now, I do have NWN Diamond edition, and I've read where I have to do some other stuff, I guess, in order for it to work right. I guess Bioware thought that Ver. 1.66 would be the last. I'll have to reDL the new update and try it again....sigh.

User avatar
Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer
Posts: 392
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Derek » May 25 2006, 1:17

^
Try the critical rebuild, or check the NWN forums for help.

I just downloaded Infinite Dungeons and had quite a bit of fun trying it out on my own. I'm looking for an adventuring partner, PM me if interested(you have to download, purchase, Infinte Dunegeons to play.)
Hell has frozen over...

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel
Posts: 1432
Joined: 27 Nov 2005

Postby ByteBandit » Jun 3 2006, 3:03

What does anyone think of the 1.67 update?

User avatar
Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer
Posts: 392
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Derek » Jun 8 2006, 0:57

ByteBandit wrote:What does anyone think of the 1.67 update?


I love it! Currently I am working on a module, like all the others will likely never be finished :tired: , but I love all of the new scripting functions. All of the new placeables from Pirates of the Sword Coast really allows for me to make some high quality areas, as I'm a stickler when it comes to placeable placement(redundant, no?)
Hell has frozen over...

User avatar
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6939
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Location: Corner of your Eye

Postby Omega_Destroyer » Jul 8 2006, 4:15

Infiinte Dungeons is ok. It adds a lot of new items and gives you a good opportunity to tons of experience, but it isn't anything ground breaking. There are quests, but they aren't really worth doing most of the time. The story is ok, but the boss fights are predictable and have the same conclusion. But for $7, it's not too bad. I found Pirates of the Sword Coast to be much more enjoyable, but it lacks the random dungeon generator of Infinite Dungeons. Bottom line is that it's worth trying out if you are a fan of Neverwinter Nights.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel
Posts: 1432
Joined: 27 Nov 2005

Postby ByteBandit » Jul 9 2006, 17:50

I'm just one of those people who does'nt believe in paying for something that I know nothing about. There are so many excellent fan made Modules on the Bioware site that are even better than the ones Bioware releases. (i.e. Shadowlord, Dreamcatcher.....etc.)

NAG
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 40
Joined: 20 Jul 2006

Postby NAG » Jul 23 2006, 13:20

bout nwn....bought it in 203 and am still playing it via an online server. One could say that I´m addicted :-D
Nil volentibus arduum!

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23260
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » Jul 23 2006, 14:47

NAG wrote:.bought it in 203 and am still playing it via an online server. One could say that I´m addicted :-D


Guess you'd have to be to play it for almost two millenia.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €


Image

User avatar
Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer
Posts: 392
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Derek » Jul 23 2006, 19:52

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Infiinte Dungeons is ok. It adds a lot of new items and gives you a good opportunity to tons of experience, but it isn't anything ground breaking. There are quests, but they aren't really worth doing most of the time. The story is ok, but the boss fights are predictable and have the same conclusion. But for $7, it's not too bad. I found Pirates of the Sword Coast to be much more enjoyable, but it lacks the random dungeon generator of Infinite Dungeons. Bottom line is that it's worth trying out if you are a fan of Neverwinter Nights.


$7 is the key here, I wouldn't spend more than that for ID. Hack/Slash to the extreme, but if you've got the time(and a friend) then it is quite fun. Personally my favorite module I've played was Kingmaker(Pirates was pretty cool also, there is a certain charm to having scurvey.)

Has anyone played 'Tyrants of the Moonsea' the cancelled premium module? I'd be interested in hearing comments in regards to it.
Hell has frozen over...

NAG
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 40
Joined: 20 Jul 2006

Postby NAG » Jul 24 2006, 13:56

ThunderTitan wrote:
NAG wrote:.bought it in 203 and am still playing it via an online server. One could say that I´m addicted :-D


Guess you'd have to be to play it for almost two millenia.

lol
Nil volentibus arduum!

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23260
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » Jul 28 2006, 21:27

Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €


Image

User avatar
Kalah
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 19996
Joined: 24 Nov 2005

Postby Kalah » Jul 28 2006, 21:45

And *ahem* it can be pre-ordered here.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

User avatar
Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer
Posts: 392
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Contact:

Postby Derek » Jul 28 2006, 22:53

ThunderTitan wrote:New NWN2 preview. Enjoy:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/neverwinter-ni ... 531p1.html


This game is going to be so buggy on release, and the thought of no DM client at the launch is laughable.
Hell has frozen over...

User avatar
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder
Posts: 6615
Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Location: Angelspit
Contact:

Postby Angelspit » Jul 28 2006, 23:05

They describe the game as a potential system hog. Even the previous game was never really smooth, even on a strong computer.

And the official campaign was so dull. I really wanted it to be something like Baldur's Gate... :mad:

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23260
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » Jul 28 2006, 23:29

Well SW: KotOR 2 had a pretty great story, even if they cut it's end. Hopefully that won't happen here.

As for bugs, don't buy it until they fix most of them with patches. Teach them a lesson.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €


Image


Return to “Hall of the Heretics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests